Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jpch View Post

Eonar made Ysera an Aspect...The mystery of Elune is not solved.
    Eonar's power made Ysera an aspect, through Freya as a conduit who asked for it. Eonar has never met Ysera, so being her "Pet" doesn't make sense.

Considering that when Ysera dies, it is Elune who yanks her soul out and sends her on her way, it's safe to say that that "god" is the sister of the other nature god who deals with souls.

But I could be wrong, Blizzard has made things obvious before and then did something completely stupid with it later(they forget)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Eonar has never interacted with Ysera?

Such a shame that Eonar basically made Ysera what she is. x)
    Girl goes to pet store, wants to get this puppy. Calls mom up and says "Hey can you buy this for me?" Mom gives her the Credit info and indirectly pays for it. Girl who doesn't live with parents, brings it to her boyfriends house and barely plays with it, boyfriend falls in love with puppy, trains it and spends almost every day with it. 10 years later, dog dies and the boyfriend is the one to bury it.

That's basically the real life similarity to Eonar, Freya Elune and Ysera.

Pretty sure we can say that the Titans and the First ones are the same kind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    More than likley there is a summer queen in the realm of life, that we have yet to meet.

Theres a reason for this, based on the Winter Queens portrayal and character shes based of the Unseelie Court and the Winter aspect of Faeriy Mythology which means based on that logic there is going to be a Summer Counterpart.
    Eonar seems much like summer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Eonar seems much like summer to me.
    The Summer Court would most likely be Life based, not Arcane, though, so Eonar doesn't qualify.

She's also far more linked to Greek mythology through the Pantheon. She's basically a Gaia expy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eonar has never interacted with Ysera?

Such a shame that Eonar basically made Ysera what she is. x)

Which she only did through Freya precisely because Freya asked for it.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Eonar's power made Ysera an aspect, through Freya as a conduit who asked for it. Eonar has never met Ysera, so being her "Pet" doesn't make sense.

Considering that when Ysera dies, it is Elune who yanks her soul out and sends her on her way, it's safe to say that that "god" is the sister of the other nature god who deals with souls.

But I could be wrong, Blizzard has made things obvious before and then did something completely stupid with it later(they forget).
    I really don't think it's obvious since we are debating it in 3 pages and it's only been hours since release.
    I would even go and say that Freya could be the WQ's sister. She made her, so her pet.
    I think I will rationalize this as much as possible to avoid having Elune reduced to this level...I still want Elune to remain a mystery, to never be fully explored.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The Summer Court would most likely be Life based, not Arcane, though, so Eonar doesn't qualify.

She's also far more linked to Greek mythology through the Pantheon. She's basically a Gaia expy.
    Its a response to that theory. Look at Eonar, she is ready for the summer dont you agree?

It's pretty obvious the Winter Queen's sister is Eonar, or maybe, Elune. But imo Elune must be a greater deity than the Titans. A winter/summer theory got little to do with it. The poster said it was probably a npc we have not seen yet, I think that's highly unlikely thus my response to that.

Again, look at Eonar and tell me she is not ready for the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Its a response to that theory. Look at Eonar, she is ready for the summer dont you agree?
    Beach ready, sure. Not Summer Queen, though, Beach Queen at best.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Beach ready, sure. Not Summer Queen, though, Beach Queen at best.
    We can go with that

Okay, fair point.

I thought the heart of the Emerald Dream, at least on Azeroth(?) was in Val'sharah.
    Core of the Nightmare.

The Dream's heart — This is the source of life within the Emerald Dream, hidden from mortal and druidic eyes for centuries, under the sole stewardship of Cenarius himself.

Ancient Rest.

Emerald Dreamway.

Rift of Aln — A deep fissure in a corner of the Dream, and the source of the Emerald Nightmare.

Thros, the Blighted Lands.

Daral'nir - The Emerald Dream counterpart of Tal'doren.

And G'Hanir, the Artifact Weapon.

These are mere glimpses, rather then fully fledged zones.

Si elune is the sister of the Winter Queen.
    So the winter queen must speak similarly when interacting with Tyrande, the Kaldorei, or the night wars.
    They would also be the pet of her sister or her chosen ones.

She is likely talking about Eonar. As has been mentioned they represent opposite seasons in matter and they are both different Order gods connected to life.

Life/Death God = Winter Queen
    Life/Order God = Eonar

Elune is beyond both of them from what we’ve seen.

Ummmmm...Elune is like, GOD god. Like over errrrrrrrrrybody. Right? I feel like some folks have it twisted, and are trying to put her at just titan level...

5+ Year Old Account
    OMG this event, even if it is a spoiler, made me so happy.
    I dont feel so emotional attached to the characters in WoW, but Ysera's death and the music were touching.
    This reborn event is even more magical.
    Last edited by BB8; 2020-11-25 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    Ummmmm...Elune is like, GOD god. Like over errrrrrrrrrybody. Right? I feel like some folks have it twisted, and are trying to put her at just titan level...
    Elune has been mysterious for a decade so I think people are just confused.

She has aspects of Life, Light and Order, as WELL as Death (see: the Night Warrior and her supposed connection to the Winter Queen). She is more likely one of the First Ones.

Great, once again, death is showed as completely meaningless. That's garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Great, once again, death is showed as completely meaningless. That's garbage.
    Not really meaningless in the case of Ysera, as based on the Winter Queen's dialogue following the cutscene she's now "a creature of the Ardenweald," meaning she won't be reborn on Azeroth like other Wild Gods. So she's still technically alive, for want of a better term, but she's stuck in the Shadowlands permanently.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Eonar has had zero interaction with Ysera in over 150,000 years since the Titans ordered Azeroth. Ysera wasn't even the primary recipient of Eonar's power, that would be Alexstrasza.

Meanwhile, Elune directly intervened to save Ysera's soul and practically hand-delivered her to Ardenweald less than six months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    No none stays dead anymore
    What are you talking about? She is literally in the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by jpch View Post
    I would even go and say that Freya could be the WQ's sister. She made her, so her pet.
    I think I will rationalize this as much as possible to avoid having Elune reduced to this level...I still want Elune to remain a mystery, to never be fully explored.
    I think there's too much thought into the term pet and not who could be her sister logically.

This is a mysterious god who has no connections to previous gods we've seen before. The fact that she's not a titan or keeper is a dead giveaway that she's not Eonar or Freya's sister, but of someone else we don't know much about who, a mysterious god that hasn't fitted in with others so far... Elune.

Maybe they wont reveal anymore, but considering everything we know and how connected Ysera and Elune are over every other god, it's... obvious lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not really meaningless in the case of Ysera, as based on the Winter Queen's dialogue following the cutscene she's now "a creature of the Ardenweald," meaning she won't be reborn on Azeroth like other Wild Gods. So she's still technically alive, for want of a better term, but she's stuck in the Shadowlands permanently.
    Potato potato. She had a quite nice death during legion and now she's alive somewhere else. So yeah meaningless. She was allready not often in our plan. It does not change much. She is ot gone, she is still alive somewhere else.