Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    depends on if you have wm on and its scaling in your region. With wm off the main campaign definatly wont get you there by itself.
    This is wrong. I've done about 5 quests that didn't have the special icon to indicate it is the campaign quest. Level 59. About to start the vampires. WM off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I don't know if Blizzard committed to this as a design intention anywhere, it certainly wasn't the case mid-beta, but can anyone confirm if the campaign is, as of launch, on pace to be a minimalist but complete trip to 60? Out of paranoia I'm doing every side quest I see, but I just hit the point where I'm not far enough in the campaign to access the dungeons I've put on the board by virtue of my level, so it was finally time to ask this question of the masses and see if my paranoia is well founded.

Thanks in advance for any informed, helpful replies
    Simple answer no. Last night on my main I did only the campaign quests in Bastion where I left the Maw and followed the storyline. When I got Elysian Hold I got stopped because I needed to be 53 to pick up the next part of the campaign. Now I'm 53.4 and heading into Maldraxxus so not sure on that though pushing "L" it says in the campaign area you need to be 55 so we'll see.

I ended up having to do a few side quests in order to hit 53.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This is wrong. I've done about 5 quests that didn't have the special icon to indicate it is the campaign quest. Level 59. About to start the vampires. WM off.
    You did side quests then whether you realized it or not. There's also no special icon when you pick up quests for campaign. The difference is how it gets sorted in the quest window. Look above for my response on how it went for me with Warmode off.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I have WM on, I've done all side quests and both quest dungeons once and I hit level 58 during my 2nd venture into the Maw as part of the Maldraxxus campaign.

I'll hit 60 well before I finish the Ardenweald campaign even if I skip all side quests at this point. I can't even fathom how some people finish Revendreth without hitting 60.
    I'm also baffled by it. I guess if you actively avoid doing anything that gets you exp outside of specifically the campaign missions? Like, do people actually not even bother clicking the extra yellow ! around the campaign guys to get the free quests they would have finished anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

At 56 1/2 WM ON, I've still got all of Ardenweald and Revendreth to do. I haven't done any side quests, only the ones that Azeroth Auto Pilot said do. I feel certain that there is plenty of content to finish 3 1/2 levels. On Beta we didn't do half of Revendreth and made it to 60.

- - - Updated - - -

Get the addon Azeroth Auto Pilot. Do not do custom leveling. Follow his guide and you will make it to 60 with quests to spare though he does assume WM on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started doing every quest as I figure part of flying with require lorewalker for the zones but realized how fast I was leveling so I swapped to just campaign quests. Occasionally I've had to pick up a few side quests to meet the level requirement for the campaign, I believe I got stuck at 55 and 58, could be wrong though. I'm now nearly 60 and not sure how much more of the campaign I have to go but I will most certainly make it and probably have a few quests to go once I max.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I'm also baffled by it. I guess if you actively avoid doing anything that gets you exp outside of specifically the campaign missions? Like, do people actually not even bother clicking the extra yellow ! around the campaign guys to get the free quests they would have finished anyway?
    Depends. Some wait to go back and do them at 60 where they get gold from the quests. Right now I'm doing campaign only with a few friends so we can unlock both modes for alts and start max level stuff.

I'll pick up some of the quests, but if they aren't close to the objective I'm going to then it's a pass. Plus you don't need the side quests for the "Loremaster" achieves at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Simple answer no. Last night on my main I did only the campaign quests in Bastion where I left the Maw and followed the storyline. When I got Elysian Hold I got stopped because I needed to be 53 to pick up the next part of the campaign. Now I'm 53.4 and heading into Maldraxxus so not sure on that though pushing "L" it says in the campaign area you need to be 55 so we'll see.

You did side quests then whether you realized it or not. There's also no special icon when you pick up quests for campaign. The difference is how it gets sorted in the quest window. Look above for my response on how it went for me with Warmode off.
    I don't know what game you're playing but the icon above the head for campaign is the shield icon. I did do a few non campaign quests because I picked them up in the area I was questing but that happened about 5 times. I opened up the fp to the vampires aright after I hit 59.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is I've got a lot of bastion left to do and I'm half way through 53. WM on and doing side quests. Pretty sure I'll hit 60 well before I'm done with the campaigns unless I focus solely on the campaigns right now.

So to add to earlier what I said. If you do the campaign only you will be stopped in Bastion as one part will require Level 53 and you'll be 52 something. At that point I had to do a few quests to hit 53. From there on you were able to finish Bastion and all of Maldraxxus. Your next roadblock is Ardenweald where you'll need to be 58 after turning in "Visions of the Dreams" 2 quest. When I turned them both in I had just hit 57 so you'll need an entire levels worth of quests in order to continue the campaign.

maybe obvious, but when you get the first dungeon quest at the end of bastion, queue for random dungeon instead of specific since you can get only 1 dungeon anyways, unless you are 54 or higher at that point. free 50k exp extra over taking the specific queue.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

pretty much OP and if not - itll be damn close like 59.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post

Of course there is. It's all the quests with the shield around the ! and ? and then the quest windows are special with a different shade and also a small drawing in the corner of it representing the covenant story it belongs to.

And to the OP. I skipped just about every side quest you could including most if not all the bonus objectives. The only side quests i technically did were the ones that drop from rare spawns. I ended up having to run maybe six dungeons total to fill in the gaps.

I recommend skipping every side quest on your first play through. Getting to use the threads of fate right away on alts is worth plowing through it. Plus it gives your alts a headstart on filling their Anima reserves.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2020-11-25 at 12:29 PM.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I hit level 55 in Bastion doing every side quest I could as well. At this rate I'll hit max level in maldraxxus or Ardenweald.
    Maybe but it will be very slow because XP gains are a little fucked up in this expansion because there's no scaling as you level up and you can't just go to a higher lvl zone you have to work through the campaign to get the next zone unlocked. Anyways I dunno if it's intended or just an oversight, but Xp gains drop dramatically when you hit 56 in Maldraxxus and when you hit 58 in Ardenweald. TL;DR You'll get a little over a two lvls in each zone if you quest in Bastion til 55 and then just continue doing the main campaign.

IMO they should have incorporated scaling as you level. Because you're locked to the zone you're in until you complete that story, and you have to finish the campaign anyways to choose a covenant.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm 50% of the way through 57 and I've done the following:
    - Bastion, including side quests found along the way.
    - Maldraxxus, including side quests found along the way.
    - First few quests in Ardenweald
    - Side quests included two dungeon clears: Plaguefall and Mists of Tirna Scithe
    * WM On.

I expect to hit level 60 by the time I leave Ardenweald or shortly after.

No it won't... best to do a few side quest on the way, more if you have WM off.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I'm 50% of the way through 57 and I've done the following:
    - Bastion, including side quests found along the way.
    - Maldraxxus, including side quests found along the way.
    - First few quests in Ardenweald
    - Side quests included two dungeon clears: Plaguefall and Mists of Tirna Scithe
    * WM On.

I expect to hit level 60 by the time I leave Ardenweald or shortly after.
    Ended up dinging 60 after doing the Mists of Tirne Scithe dungeon and finishing 7/8 chapters in Ardenweald. Have yet to touch Revendreth at all. But, again, I did every side quest I ran into(thanks OCD), trekked off to loot every chest/special event that popped up on my radar(thanks again OCD), and had WM on.

Next toon I am going to, for the first time in ages, turn off WM to see how much of a difference it makes. Gonna miss the random fighting but what the hell; I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    pretty much OP and if not - itll be damn close like 59.
    I was mostly only doing the story quests, WM off. I was 57 through most of Ardenweald. It wouldn't let me pick up the last part of the story quest there until I hit 58 (the quest icon was gray). I had to go do a few side quests to get 58 before I could continue. I hit 60 before finishing Revendreth's story with only a couple side quests done there. I did 0 dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I don't know if Blizzard committed to this as a design intention anywhere, it certainly wasn't the case mid-beta, but can anyone confirm if the campaign is, as of launch, on pace to be a minimalist but complete trip to 60? Out of paranoia I'm doing every side quest I see, but I just hit the point where I'm not far enough in the campaign to access the dungeons I've put on the board by virtue of my level, so it was finally time to ask this question of the masses and see if my paranoia is well founded.

Thanks in advance for any informed, helpful replies
    I did most quests in bastion before i left and then the only extra quests were the arena and i got 60 just before the scenario at the end. So some side quests are needed with WM off.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Final update after hitting 60. The following roadblocks were hit with warmode off and no side quests done (unless indicated)

- Bastion - Hit Level 52.5 and when you entered Elysian Hold for the next quest you had to be 53 (5/7). Had to do side quests to supplement XP here.
    - Ardenweald - Hit 57 as you finished the "Into the Vision" 2 quests finishing chapters 6/8. After I dinged 57 the next part required 58. Had to supplement an entire level worth of side quests here to get it.
    - Revendreth - Hit 59.75 as I finished Chapter finishing 6/7 of the story. The final chapter requires you to be 60.

Maldraxxus is the only zone I didn't run into a level issues.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I hit level 55 in Bastion doing every side quest I could as well. At this rate I'll hit max level in maldraxxus or Ardenweald.
    I did exactly like you but i stop with side quests after Bastion, i hit max levels with 3 campaign left in Revendreth