Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Blizzard needs to retire these systems

So Shadowlands endgame is pretty much the same as BFA endgame system where you have an infinite grind of the azerorite system but this time is renown and anima. Plus there is a legendary grind added on top that, that's going to be required for raiding. So the grind is back from BFA but with an extra layer of more grinding. Blizzard needs to retire these systems and go back to just grinding for the best gear, like they had in Cata and Mist, not this crap that was added since Legion, systems on top of systems. If they don't want to continue losing players.

I feel like they want to lose players like you, that spend more time complaining on forums than actually playing the game. At least try to sound constructive and educate yourself about the nature of the new systems.

It's almost like you haven't even played shadowlands lol. There's literally no infinite grind. All very finite grinds, and mostly optional. "Farming legendaries" isn't mandatory for raiding. Get your single best one and then you're done with it forever by week like 3. lol. You'll be the guy making another post in a month complaining that there's nothing to do in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no infinite grind. There is a cap on how much renown you can get per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    So Shadowlands endgame is pretty much the same as BFA endgame system where you have an infinite grind of the azerorite system but this time is renown and anima. Plus there is a legendary grind added on top that, that's going to be required for raiding. So the grind is back from BFA but with an extra layer of more grinding. Blizzard needs to retire these systems and go back to just grinding for the best gear, like they had in Cata and Mist, not this crap that was added since Legion, systems on top of systems. If they don't want to continue losing players.
    Yet BfA's quarterly report + the latest quarterly, don't support your statement about them "losing players".

As much as I dislike certain systems, Blizzard has access to data on player engagement and subscriptions. You, don't. Hell, you don't even have a clue as to how the systems function this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yet BfA's quarterly report + the latest quarterly, don't support your statement about them "losing players".

As much as I dislike certain systems, Blizzard has access to data on player engagement and subscriptions. You, don't. Hell, you don't even have a clue as to how the systems function this time around.
    I am 100% sure Blizzard lost subs during BFA like they do with every expansion, it is the normal cycle. Though I do think the drop-off was harder in BFA since tons of guilds died and players quit after Uldir. BFA was a ghost town when I logged in a few months ago on my realm. Though obviously a huge amount of players will come back and resub for Shadowlands which sold more pre-order copies of all expansions.

Personally I am still hesitant to try Shadowlands but think I will stay away. I only like mythic raiding.
    I quit BFA because my time constraints could not keep up with the infinite grinds needed for mythic raiding.
    The grinds seem to be less in Shadowlands but my impression is that it is only a tiny bit less. Not by any margin that would allow someone with a job and family to raid mythic in a balanced matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    I am 100% sure Blizzard lost subs during BFA like they do with every expansion, it is the normal cycle. Though I do think the drop-off was harder in BFA since tons of guilds died and players quit after Uldir. BFA was a ghost town when I logged in a few months ago on my realm. Though obviously a huge amount of players will come back and resub for Shadowlands which sold more pre-order copies of all expansions.

Personally I am still hesitant to try Shadowlands but think I will stay away. I only like mythic raiding.
    I quit BFA because my time constraints could not keep up with the infinite grinds needed for mythic raiding.
    The grinds seem to be less in Shadowlands but my impression is that it is only a tiny bit less. Not by any margin that would allow someone with a job and family to raid mythic in a balanced matter.
    Then you can be sure about it. Doesn't change the reports of stable populations/growth. They always "lose" players, but pretending that they lose more than they gain/have cycling in when official reports that would be illegal to lie in says otherwise, is a bit too far into conspiracy territory for me.

I've taken more breaks during this expansion than ever before. Never when I come back has it ever been a "ghost town", nor has the count of High/Full servers dipped to scary low levels.

Literally everyone I know that raids Mythic, have families and jobs though, just as a sidenote.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-11-25 at 03:54 PM.

Then you can be sure about it. Doesn't change the reports of stable populations/growth. They always "lose" players, but pretending that they lose more than they gain/have cycling in when official reports that would be illegal to lie in says otherwise, is a bit too far into conspiracy territory for me.

I've taken more breaks during this expansion than ever before. Never when I come back has it ever been a "ghost town", nor has the count of High/Full servers dipped to scary low levels.

It was because of Wow Classic, if there was growth, if you think it was because of BFA, I have a bridge to sell you.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I feel like they want to lose players like you, that spend more time complaining on forums than actually playing the game. At least try to sound constructive and educate yourself about the nature of the new systems.
    Blizz would rather people pay them the monthly sub and not play at all. So, in reality, Blizz absolutely wants the OP...they can power down some VMs and earn extra profit.

Also, in fact, the OP actually provided constructive criticism by not only complaining about a certain system, but recommending an alternative.

You, on the other hand, are actually the person you think you are complaining about.

It was because of Wow Classic, if there was growth, if you think it was because of BFA, I have a bridge to sell you.
    Lol, it was reported before and long after Classic was released as well. Steady reports throughout.

The only one up for buying bridges here, would be you. As I've been in enough inane debates about this with the wrongful party refusing to accept that Classic didn't save WoW, I'll leave it here. GL, have fun. My queue to dEad ReTaIl just popped after 2 hours of waiting.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-11-25 at 03:59 PM.

Now demonstrate to us what renown and anima actually do so we can ridicule your complaint even more =).

you believe those reports lol?
    my boss says "it's already finished, we are polishing" to investors every week and i know we are at ~50% at best
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

You must catch up on bitching guidebook. Now we will have "nothing to do" expansion. Please adjust your complains, otherwise you won't even have whiners spaming "so true Blizzard is dying".

For normal people I'll explain - it means you can do mandatory stuff pretty quickly every week and enjoy the rest on your pace.

Legends 303
    56 posts
    Here since 4 years

Still no fucking clue about the game and its systems.
    But needs to complain about things he doesn't understand.

Yeah... just your average mmoc mon... uhh whiner.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Now demonstrate to us what renown and anima actually do so we can ridicule your complaint even more =).
    It actually feels... weird... not having to rush anything.

For the last 4 years we've had "oh you didn't do this starting day one? LOL YOU'RE BEHIND" and now they're like... take your time you have all week and it feels... unnatural.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    my boss says "it's already finished, we are polishing" to investors every week and i know we are at ~50% at best
    Hard metrics such as MAUs, baby. I sure as fuck believe them over armchair experts with an opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It actually feels... weird... not having to rush anything.

For the last 4 years we've had "oh you didn't do this starting day one? LOL YOU'RE BEHIND" and now they're like... take your time you have all week and it feels... unnatural.
    I'm a bit the same. I'll be back to raiding after a very long 8 months of Covid issues taking over my life, and I'm racing around as if there's the Azerite grind and titanforging and corruptions and so on...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Player: This system is crap, they are losing players, it's an infinite grind!!!
    Also player: *pre-orders shadowlands & subs*

They ain't doing shit because whatever they do you keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    Activision is on the NASDAQ. Giving false information or hiding information to investors will be a big no no. If an investor checks and finds those numbers false then Activision would likely get a visit from the SEC. So yea those reports are the facts.

Privately traded companies get a lot more leeway to hide facts to their investors. Publicly traded companies do not have that leeway.
    Last edited by table3; 2020-11-25 at 04:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    There is no infinite grind. There is a cap on how much renown you can get per week.
    Is it how many levels into renown or..?
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by table3 View Post
    Activision is on the NASDAQ. Giving false information or hiding information to investors will be a big no no. If an investor checks and finds those numbers false then Activision would likely get a visit from the SEC. So yea those reports are the facts.

Privately traded companies get a lot more leeway to hide facts to their investors. Publicly traded companies do not have that leeway.
    Hard numbers, yes, anything beyond that, no.

It's like when they say "Engagement has increased", okay, how is Engagement defined?
    Nobody outside Blizzard knows.
    They could have also changed the metrics on which Engagement is defined to increase the numbers.

Are they lying then?
    Nope, the numbers go up, that's what they reported, thus they are not lying, but that doesn't mean the actual value of the product has gone up, merely its perceived value.

If you want to see how Blizzard deals with questions regarding hard numbers, check out the last investor's call, Brack was asked for an update on current WoW sub numbers, the answer is a whole not of nothing.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-11-25 at 05:48 PM.