MASSIVE SPOILERS: The Maw...

This was the Maw when you first enter the Shadowlands.

This is the Maw now...

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post

This is the Maw now...
    Oooh I hope it gets increasingly angry and bigger throughout the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account

This is the Maw now...
    Yea after Revendreth. Thank denathrius for the plot size increase.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

It's even scarier up close...

But yeah, when Denathrius amp'd up the Maw with the Anima, the Maw looks so much scarier. No disrespect to how it looked originally, but this is so much cooler and horrifying. This shit LOOKS like something Sargeras or the Void would be scared of.

Wow, it's such a black hole it has to be represented by a 404 image!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Wow, it's such a black hole it has to be represented by a 404 image!
    Nothing escapes the maw, not even the pixels
    There is a picture in Wowhead's article, dunno if OP wanted to show something different

Regarding the cinematic, that moment Denathrius throwing all its stored Anima to the Maw was terrifying. Art on point (music and style), definitely. Even though I can't get this "Observe" out of my head like

Last edited by Ophenia; 2020-11-25 at 06:18 AM.

But yeah, when Denathrius amp'd up the Maw with the Anima, the Maw looks so much scarier. No disrespect to how it looked originally, but this is so much cooler and horrifying. This shit LOOKS like something Sargeras or the Void would be scared of.
    It's just some red swirlies

i mean..it basically looks the same as the energies seeping from sargeras's sword lol basically some red swirlies
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it looks like a plug hole that just has red swirls going down it now.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

So the Jailer is free to go wherever he wants now, right? He's no longer bound by his chains. So why doesn't he leave that glorified toilet hole and personally assault the 4 main realms of the Shadowlands? What's stopping him?

Aside from plot obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is spoilers?

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    So the Jailer is free to go wherever he wants now, right? He's no longer bound by his chains. So why doesn't he leave that glorified toilet hole and personally assault the 4 main realms of the Shadowlands? What's stopping him?

He probably can but the Maw still sucks souls and he seems to have a plan rather than rushing things. For example, they wanna do something with Anduin. We don't know much so far I believe...

10+ Year Old Account

No, even with the Anima boost he still can't leave the Maw. Apparently Ardenweald and it's tree has to fall completely in order to unblock the Maw toilet. The Winter Queen says something to the effect of the Ardenweald was formed around the seal to the Maw and with it's decay the Jailer gets closer to being freed.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2020-11-25 at 05:37 PM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

The Jailer still cannot leave the Maw currently - he's got considerably more freedom and is growing in power exponentially, but the Maw constraints are still binding on him thus far. With the close of the leveling story he's nearly tipped the balance, but not yet.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Then he rushed the plan. He should have told Sylvanas to break the veil only AFTER he had enough souls to leave the Maw. At that point, he would've certainly rolled over the unprepared and divided realms of the Shadowlands. Instead, by telling Sylvanas to break the veil right after BfA, he will have to deal with a combined Shadowlands that is well aware of his powers and forces, and receives help from Azeroth (Ebon Blade). He gave away his plans too soon, and allowed his enemies to organize their defences with the guarantee that the Jailer can't attack them yet.

Such a sad mistake that could have easily been avoided. It will come back to bite him in the ass, mark my words.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-25 at 05:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Then he rushed the plan. He should have told Sylvanas to break the veil only AFTER he had enough souls to leave the Maw. At that point, he would've certainly rolled over the unprepared and divided realms of the Shadowlands. Instead, by telling Sylvanas to break the veil right after BfA, he will have to deal with a combined Shadowlands that is well aware of his powers and forces, and receives help from Azeroth (Ebon Blade). He gave away his plans too soon, and allowed his enemies to organize their defences with the guarantee that the Jailer can't attack them yet.

Such a sad mistake that could have easily been avoided. It will come back to bite him in the ass, mark my words.
    I think breaking the veil was a part of the plan - he needed a way for his will to manifest itself more completely beyond the Maw, which is exactly what Sylvanas' destruction of the Helm achieved (e.g. allowing his Mawsworn to physically appear in the physical universe). A side effect, unforeseen or no, is that this method of transit also allowed the Maw Walker and other heroes of Azeroth to make the jump over to the Shadowlands to aid the Covenants and Oribos. Based on his dialogue with Anduin the Jailer also needs something that the Azerothian heroes can provide him, and so factor into his plans to some degree to be revealed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    This is spoilers?
    MASSIVE man, massive!