Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Why doesnt the horde use the iron horde technology?

Things like iron stars, aircraft carriers n shiet.

Because Steve Danuser doesn't like the Mag'har, so he decided to give them the most boring racial leader and forget about them alltogether.

because its not the story blizzard wants to tell.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Iron Star may be a bit too emblematic of Garrosh's routine, but they were used to great effect in BfA during the Invasion quests in Tirigarde Sound. Iron Horde type vessels were also created by Solog Roark for Frostwall during WoD, so the technology is at least known to the Horde - although they may not have the necessary facilities or specialization to fabricate them on wider basis.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

We have an aircraft carrier in Nazmir during the Alliance assault.

Tbh I think it would make us too powerful vs the Alliance, only the Alliance are allowed to have powerful things

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It’s likely the horde can’t support the large scale production the iron horde had. I mean we had a whole raid just smashing up one insanely huge factory and that wasn’t even there only one just the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Things like iron stars, aircraft carriers n shiet.
    I hate to be that guy, but a lot of those things came from the Horde, under Garrosh. So, in a sense, they do.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    We have an aircraft carrier in Nazmir during the Alliance assault.

Tbh I think it would make us too powerful vs the Alliance, only the Alliance are allowed to have powerful things
    Yeah not really. Horde shouldn't even have an army anymore at this point. Horde has been broken down soo many times last expansions. Yet you guys are apperently just as strong as the alliance still.

Logically you should be stomped over by us Alliance by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Always wanted an actual Iron Star mount, reminds me of the Buzz Boar from GIJoe.

They don't even have a capital city or a racial leader, or anything, really

I am surprised they even remembered to add them as AR in the first place

Iron Horde had almost the whole planets resources to harvest with little to no resistance plus build a huge foundry to build it all. The Horde on Azeroth would need similar resources and time to build a manufacturing plant without drawing the attention of the Alliance (If it is to make any sense as to why they have them).
    Same could be said about the alliance though. Why instead of even allowing BFA to play out didn't they just wipe out the horde fleet from orbit using The Lights Judgement on the Vindicaar.

Yeah the iron horde theme is severely underutilized. The mag'har allied race in general is disappointingly bare bones. No city, no place with their distinct identity, no compelling characters. They just gave us genderbent Thrall as a generic orc and stripped most of the cool things about the au orcs like the iron horde tech and different clan themes.

I wish au old man Grom had come with us and been the leader. Controversial as he may be, at least he has story and players witnessed it. It'd be a cool old man Logan, Saurfang replacement type of character. With cool rapport/potential to interact with other characters. And a good twist on his temperamental younger self, a "redeemed" older version of him, fulfilling what his MU counterpart could have become after his redemption.

I also wish that in a 10.0 azeroth revamp, we get to see them establish their own capital city akin to Blackrock Foundry and lean into the iron horde theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the same reason Alliance cannot use the Vindicaar.

They do use some - the iron horde ships and stars, we even pump one full of azerite. But like the Mag'har and orcs that aren't mopes stuck in 2002 they simply don't get that much airtime. The Mag'har have a huge amount of lore to work with as a result of the AU and feel a valuable niche in an otherwise defanged Hrode, but as already pointed out, they have virtually no characters and no story, and they don't even have the Underhold, despite it being confirmed to be controlled and used by the Horde again and it being the most obvious and appropriate place to put them.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Yeah the iron horde theme is severely underutilized. The mag'har allied race in general is disappointingly bare bones. No city, no place with their distinct identity, no compelling characters. They just gave us genderbent Thrall as a generic orc and stripped most of the cool things about the au orcs like the iron horde tech and different clan themes.

I also wish that in a 10.0 azeroth revamp, we get to see them establish their own capital city akin to Blackrock Foundry and lean into the iron horde theme.
    I don't think the Mag'har refugees had anything in common with the Iron Horde when they escaped, they were basically the next generation of a long-defeated power. The reason they're so boring is because they're just uncorrupted orcs who banded together after being thoroughly defeated by Yrel and her light-forces. The clans and their traditions are probably a distant memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    They do use some - the iron horde ships and stars, we even pump one full of azerite. But like the Mag'har and orcs that aren't mopes stuck in 2002 they simply don't get that much airtime. The Mag'har have a huge amount of lore to work with as a result of the AU and feel a valuable niche in an otherwise defanged Hrode, but as already pointed out, they have virtually no characters and no story, and they don't even have the Underhold, despite it being confirmed to be controlled and used by the Horde again and it being the most obvious and appropriate place to put them.
    I would imagine no one is really keen on using the Underhold now, what with the twin specters of Y'Shaarj's influence and its connection to Sylvanas. Aesthetically it's a fit for the Horde Mag'har but essentially the place is probably awash in low-level Void and Death magic, it would be like having your house on top of a badly managed Superfund site.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I would imagine no one is really keen on using the Underhold now, what with the twin specters of Y'Shaarj's influence and its connection to Sylvanas. Aesthetically it's a fit for the Horde Mag'har but essentially the place is probably awash in low-level Void and Death magic, it would be like having your house on top of a badly managed Superfund site.
    I mean if anyone wouldn't care about that, it's the Mag'har, since they have void users and still consider Grom to be a standup guy. If it wasn't for them bothering to remodel big parts of the area I'd call it a cost-cutting measure, but since they did I'm legitimately confused. If one's fishing for an in-story excuse, the Horde being strapped for resources would make sense. And @Levaustian , you're right on the MU Mag'har but the AU ones are basically the Iron Horde with the serial numbers filed off and much reduced power. Their intro takes you through the clan identities and even their name is 'The Mag'har Clans'.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Same reason space goats got a floating WMD and let it collect dust

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Always wanted an actual Iron Star mount, reminds me of the Buzz Boar from GIJoe.
    I keep thinking about something like the Brute chopper from halo with the Iron star as the front wheel.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I mean if anyone wouldn't care about that, it's the Mag'har, since they have void users and still consider Grom to be a standup guy. If it wasn't for them bothering to remodel big parts of the area I'd call it a cost-cutting measure, but since they did I'm legitimately confused. If one's fishing for an in-story excuse, the Horde being strapped for resources would make sense. And @Levaustian , you're right on the MU Mag'har but the AU ones are basically the Iron Horde with the serial numbers filed off and much reduced power. Their intro takes you through the clan identities and even their name is 'The Mag'har Clans'.
    The AU Mag'har also has Light users in their midst, as well as Shaman and just regular people who probably wouldn't really enjoy the ambience. I also don't recall it being remodeled in any real fashion during the Baine scenario? IIRC Sylvanas moved a few props and equipment in but little else.