Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Mnuchin puts $455 billion in COVID-19 relief funds beyond successor's reach

Hey people, Mnuchin is pig feces and so is the Trump Adminstration.

So Trumpkins, they are taking over $455 Billion, with a capital B of funds and propping up the market.

Most of the stories i read said this will easily be deemed illegal and reversible with the new administration without congressional approval.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Trump just granted a full pardon to Michael Flynn. And so it begins. Who knows what other deplorable pieces of shit will be pardoned between now and January 20?

It is my Great Honor to announce that General Michael T. Flynn has been granted a Full Pardon. Congratulations to @GenFlynn
    and his wonderful family, I know you will now have a truly fantastic Thanksgiving!
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Most of the stories i read said this will easily be deemed illegal and reversible with the new administration without congressional approval.
    Can't argue the legality and likely overturned. My statement is they tried to do this and again, I'm sorry we just nonchalantly don't care. IF this gets stuck up as in the article it will make the funds almost impossible to touch by the nest Treasure Secretary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Trump just granted a full pardon to Michael Flynn. And so it begins. Who knows what other deplorable pieces of shit will be pardoned between now and January 20?
    Almost all the Trump shitters believe Flynn was framed, so it will be cheered. As far as people on the other side we just eat our shit and like it.

Pretty amazing that an American President will/can pardon someone who was implicated in his administration and possible contact with a foreign entity to collude on an American President.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump just granted a full pardon to Michael Flynn.
    Remember, it's not blatant corruption when you say you're innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Remember, it's not blatant corruption when you say you're innocent.
    Hollywood or Netflix could make a movie or series where the protagonist is facing multiple criminal charges, decides to run for President. Wins. Then pardons himself and all his criminal buddies. Based on a true story.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Hollywood or Netflix could make a movie or series where the protagonist is facing multiple criminal charges, decides to run for President. Wins. Then pardons himself and all his criminal buddies. Based on a true story.
    Wasn't Lex Luther elected as President. We got Lex Stupid

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    I would guess that most of these last minute scorched earth policies by Trump are going to be reversable when Biden officially arrives. For right now, Biden and his ridiculously experienced advisers and experts know exactly where to push buttons and pull levers to fatally delay or outright halt the Insane Death Cult Leader's machinations.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering if he's going to pardon his immediate family, Nixon-esque style.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Wasn't Lex Luther elected as President. We got Lex Stupid
    Missed a good opportunity for Lex Stupor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Cool, so ALL of them lose 5th Amendment rights then? Along with Flynn? Meaning if they're called to testify before Congress they must do so and if they lie they're thrown in jail?

I think it's extremely likely that he does, though he'll probably wait until right before January 20 to do so, just to cover any bullshit they might be pulling as we speak.

To me the only question is whether he will try to pardon himself, and what kind of constitutional crisis that would set off.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

-- Donald J. Trump, 2020

I wonder if he will pardon Maxwell he did wish her well and wouldn't be surprised if she has dirt on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost certainly. And he'll be greeted with applause from the rabid fanbase for doing so. He'll say "Hatch Act" but it will be blanket for reasons we all know.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

Cool, so ALL of them lose 5th Amendment rights then? Along with Flynn? Meaning if they're called to testify before Congress they must do so and if they lie they're thrown in jail?
    That is my understanding yes. It why this could backfire on trump bigly.

Can presidential pardons be recinded by the successor?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Not that I know of, they're pretty final.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. Pardons are forever. Flynn will just have to do with being in the same category as a racist sheriff and a war criminal.

Otoh, if the fbi needs Flynn to testify regarding any of the trump crap, then he can no longer plead the fifth about this.

No, unfortunately. Though it's worth noting that Presidential pardons only apply to federal charges. If any of these people have committed crimes for which they could face state charges, the pardon wouldn't protect them at all against those.

-- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    No, unfortunately. Though it's worth noting that Presidential pardons only apply to federal charges. If any of these people have committed crimes for which they could face state charges, the pardon wouldn't protect them at all against those.
    They'd have to be new charges or old charges that were never prosecuted; double jeopardy should prevent him from being tried for state versions of the federal crimes of which he's already been convicted.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

So, just from a hypothetical point of view, a President could pardon treason, but not murder, since one is a federal crime, and the other is a state crime?

Also, can he pardon any federal crime? That might be something you'd want to get rid off...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I wonder if he will pardon Maxwell he did wish her well and wouldn't be surprised if she has dirt on him.
    That would be an interesting move. She would still be available for subpoena and would more than likely face state charges. But yeah, she also probably has dirt on Trump - will be fun to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    They'd have to be new charges or old charges that were never prosecuted; double jeopardy should prevent him from being tried for state versions of the federal crimes of which he's already been convicted.
    I would not be surprised if the federal charges omitted certain actions/crimes that could be covered by state charges, just for this eventuality.

So, just from a hypothetical point of view, a President could pardon treason, but not murder, since one is a federal crime, and the other is a state crime?

Also, can he pardon any federal crime? That might be something you'd want to get rid off...
    Murder is federal if the murder is a cop or a few other scenarios, but overall yes, he can only pardon federal and not state. A governor can pardon for a state crime. So even if he pardoned himself and that held up, he's not free of the criminal charges the DA of Manhattan is going after him for.