Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Shit like this is why I don't have an issue when people shoplift from big chains, lol, to say nothing of wasting time.

Act like a faceless inhuman entity hoarding wealth at other peoples' expense, get looted like an off brand raid boss.
    Or as we're sending people to work from home due to the covid spike. Corporate wants us to have a talk with everyone about "Time Theft"...

Corporate never wants us to talk about "Wage Theft"... especially after 30% work force reductions and we're still hitting all of our productivity KPIs. It's like people were coerced into taking up extra work for fear of being let go in the middle of a crisis.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    Or as we're sending people to work from home due to the covid spike. Corporate wants us to have a talk with everyone about "Time Theft"...

Corporate never wants us to talk about "Wage Theft"... especially after 30% work force reductions and we're still hitting all of our productivity KPIs. It's like people were coerced into taking up extra work for fear of being let go in the middle of a crisis.
    Before anyone tries to call bullshit; wage theft is the single largest form of theft out there. Its scale and prevalence vastly outweighs all other forms of theft. More than double what's stolen in robberies, for instance.

https://www.epi.org/publication/wage...theft-workers/

It gets worse when you recognize that this isn't even accounting for things like commute times. If you've got a half-hour drive to/from work, that's an extra hour you're spending on your work that you're not getting paid for. For example.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    It's always fun when people talk about ignorant ways to run companies then failing to acknowledge being exposed to possible liabilities. Great thinking there champ.
    Liability...how? You’d have to assume people have fucking paint mixers and mix berries into paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Liability...how? You’d have to assume people have fucking paint mixers and mix berries into paint.
    Corporate was informed that an employee was posting videos saying he was an employee mixing berries in paint. Their hand was basically forced. Any dipshit who wanted to sue them could, through discovery, see that they had received that complaint, saw what their reaction to the complaint was, and use that against them. Makes the decision to terminate the employee a no brainer from a risk management angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    In case you need any more proof that most companies are run by out of touch boomers who still think this whole "internet" thing is just a fad.
    In the video, Piloseno said he was terminated for "gross misconduct' after customers had called the company to ask about mixing blueberries in their paint, which Piloseno had shown in one of his viral videos. A company representative told BuzzFeed News he was fired because of "multiple Company policy violations" following a "customer complaint" but declined to further discuss his termination.
    In case you needed any more proof that people don't bother reading an article they post and presume it's "Boomers" being dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Corporate was informed that an employee was posting videos saying he was an employee mixing berries in paint. Their hand was basically forced. Any dipshit who wanted to sue them could, through discovery, see that they had received that complaint, saw what their reaction to the complaint was, and use that against them. Makes the decision to terminate the employee a no brainer from a risk management angle.
    the claim is he owned the pain he mixed since he paid for the paint he used. Risk management... fire a super popular tik tokker who probably actually reminded people that your brand even exists.. then bring bad publicity to your own brand because firing someone during a pandemic for mixing paint they bought from you seems... the height of capitalist heartlessness. Turns me off from buying their brand of paint.

Yeah risk management probably didn't think that through too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    In case you needed any more proof that people don't bother reading an article they post and presume it's "Boomers" being dicks.
    "ask about mixxing" that doesn't sound like an allegation but rather a "could we do xyz?"

I read it, it doesn't paint the company is more positive light.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the claim is he owned the pain he mixed since he paid for the paint he used. Risk management... fire a super popular tik tokker who probably actually reminded people that your brand even exists.. then bring bad publicity to your own brand because firing someone during a pandemic for mixing paint they bought from you seems... the height of capitalist heartlessness. Turns me off from buying their brand of paint.

Yeah risk management probably didn't think that through too much.

- - - Updated - - -

"ask about mixxing" that doesn't sound like an allegation but rather a "could we do xyz?"

I read it, it doesn't paint the company is more positive light.

As someone who worked in construction. Have friends and family that currently work in construction. + 2 brothers that are painters. Sherwin Willaims ain't gonna lose a penny over this.

People who watch tiktok aren't the type of people that are there to see what brands of paint to buy.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I bet the " customer complaints " were from some of his viewers who simply trolled Sherwin-Williams with explicit details and presented the Tik-Tok footage as corroborating evidence.

Social Media is great for shenanigans like that.
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2020-11-25 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    As someone who worked in construction. Have friends and family that currently work in construction. + 2 brothers that are painters. Sherwin Willaims ain't gonna lose a penny over this.

People who watch tiktok aren't the type of people that are there to see what brands of paint to buy.
    That's a silly way to think of anything dealing with branding.

the point of marketing is often to become ubiquitous. You want to be the first thing people think of when they think of something.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a silly way to think of anything dealing with branding.

the point of marketing is often to become ubiquitous. You want to be the first thing people think of when they think of something.
    They don't have that issue of people not thinking that.

http://www.wpcia.org/news/World%27s%...%20Report.html
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

well, at least he has managed to raise about $3.5K out of this scandal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Trying to see what the big deal is here...
    I want to buy paint. I buy paint. I get strawberry jam instead. I'm mad. I fucking hope that incompetent pos employee who mixed the paint gets fired instead of wasting everyone's time.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    I want to buy paint. I buy paint. I get strawberry jam instead. I'm mad. I fucking hope that incompetent pos employee who mixed the paint gets fired instead of wasting everyone's time.
    You may get a lower-quality paint, but on the bright side, it can double as a valuable source of much-needed Vitamin C and antioxidants.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Before anyone tries to call bullshit; wage theft is the single largest form of theft out there. Its scale and prevalence vastly outweighs all other forms of theft. More than double what's stolen in robberies, for instance.

https://www.epi.org/publication/wage...theft-workers/

It gets worse when you recognize that this isn't even accounting for things like commute times. If you've got a half-hour drive to/from work, that's an extra hour you're spending on your work that you're not getting paid for. For example.
    It is absolutely ridiculous to want your employer to pay you for the time you drive to/from work. I have made the decision to live over an hour away from work before, because the cost of living was literally half. That is a choice I made, not one that my employer should have to suddenly pay for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    It is absolutely ridiculous to want your employer to pay you for the time you drive to/from work. I have made the decision to live over an hour away from work before, because the cost of living was literally half. That is a choice I made, not one that my employer should have to suddenly pay for.
    I mean just because you're ok with being a slave doesn't mean the rest of us are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it ridiculous to expect my employer to pay for the time I spend on being employed by them? I wouldn't be making that drive if it weren't for my employment. If you want to pay for less of my time, let's talk about work-from-home arrangements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many employers do provide raises for cost of living increases. Some places like in Norway also pay for commute time. Many companies also provide other incentives such as employee assistance programs, discounted or free gym memberships, and health screenings. Considering that more people are having to commute due to cities expanding and some people (23%) actually quit because of their commute, retaining employees by offering incentives to cover commute is probably in the employer's interest. Ultimately, improving your employee's day to day lives improves your company.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Why is it ridiculous to expect my employer to pay for the time I spend on being employed by them? I wouldn't be making that drive if it weren't for my employment. If you want to pay for less of my time, let's talk about work-from-home arrangements.
    Didn't you make the argument to me that employees are helpless cattle to employers when I brought up bargaining?

No an employer should not be billed for your travel unless it was mandated by them. Unless they are actively choosing were you live in remote employment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Didn't you make the argument to me that employees are helpless cattle to employers when I brought up bargaining?

No an employer should not be billed for your travel unless it was mandated by them. Unless they are actively choosing were you live in remote employment.
    Did you think that was a counter argument?

Yes, you can't pressure your employer to properly compensate you for all the time you spend getting to/from work, because they don't give a shit about your time, only the use they get out of it. And since they have all the power at the wage negotiation table, getting compensated for your commute time is a dream that nobody sees as realistic.

That's exactly the point. You're pointing to another example that proves my position, and somehow, you thought it was a contradiction. Baffling.