789. This poll is closed
  • It's Shit

181 22.94%
  • It's lit

608 77.06%
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's solid.
    Campaign & zones are great Except for Ardenweald, what a frikking slog of repeating the same mission for the same weak, pathetic and useless characters/npcs.

Not much to do once you reach max level though, farming AP (Now called Anima) is the only thing to do. I got a measly 2 world quests offering items, who in turn are a fucking 2 item level upgrade...

And while supposedly it will be easy to maintain core systems on alts, I ain't slogging any other characters through the campaign anytime soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

I think the story blows BFA out of the water and we axtually have some real morally grey. However, I think the questing mechanics are definitely showing their age. Kill 13 mobs, interact with 6 doo dads, and kill elite mob. I find myself getting distracted to watch YouTube etc in the middle of questing. Its probably just me having played wow for so long.

Also, The game feels so much better just turning discord off and questing in silence without someone talking about how wow sucks, blizzard is dead, ion is going to get replaced by classic director etc. I just want to experience the game.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-11-26 at 02:56 AM.

the interesting thing about SL so far is that a lot of content is yet to be unlocked (particularly from sanctum upgrades, which dont just unlock perks but additional quests and content) its promising imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't know. Due to lag, DC's and work for the past 2 days and finally getting on to only be put in 3 hour long queue...will let you know if Shadowlands is good.

It's more interesting than BfA, but there's something off about it. It doesn't feel like WoW. Especially Bastion - I don't know if it felt more like Rift, or Tera, or what, but it felt like I was playing another MMO.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Everything except Ardenweald questing experience was enjoyable for me. Really hope most covenant class abilities are kept on as talents. Im finding Condemn really, really enjoyable to play with on my warrior.

garbage poll. it's aight. the maw is so lame tho..

Quote Originally Posted by Roship View Post
    Everything except Ardenweald questing experience was enjoyable for me.
    Seems to be a couple of people mentioning they didn't get much enjoyment there. Is there a reason why? Makes me wonder what is wrong with Ardenweald.

5+ Year Old Account
    Probably my least favourite leveling experience since MoP. Very linear, on-rails, single-player. Visually stunning zones with little substance in questing.
    Kupo.

Personally, having gotten to Revendreth - I think it is pretty awesome. While I too can see how some are off-put by the Campaign aspect of the expansion pack, I would like to add that there are many, many ancillary quests in each zone that are not part of the campaign and have unique quest rewards.

As a loretard I am absolutely stoked to see what is going to be our first content patch. So many questions!

If you asked me I would say much, MUCH better than BfA right out of the gates because, to me this expansion has a Legion-esque feel to it. Try not to rush through the first play through and take in all the cut-scenes. Sure I am behind my friends who are already doing heroics for that reason, but to me it is worth it. I can skip that stuff on my alts to speed level.

I however, cannot give much of an opinion on how the instances are as I have only done two thus far. To any of you reading this that haven't bought the expansion pack yet and are wondering if it is worth it due to how ... awful (my opinion) BfA was ... I would say go ahead and get it. I am thoroughly enjoying it myself.

Peace!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere in the middle, there afew annoying issues but overall I’m currently enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by SNES-1990 View Post
    Probably my least favourite leveling experience since MoP. Very linear, on-rails, single-player. Visually stunning zones with little substance in questing.
    SNES-1990 has a valid point, the campaigns are very linear. More than MoP IMO... however there are many quests in each zone. I am level 59 in Revendreth at the moment, and have at least 5 quests from each zone that I intend to go back to after I reach max and pick my covenant for achievements and to read the quest dialogue(s).

Due to all of the flight paths and blank areas on each zones map SNES-1990, I would recommend doing all of the quests that were not in the campaign if you're looking for a more RPG / Lore loaded experience.

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    Seems to be a couple of people mentioning they didn't get much enjoyment there. Is there a reason why? Makes me wonder what is wrong with Ardenweald.
    Feel like most people that play RPGs dont for the fairies and deer people. That would probably be it. Its a very niche audience.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    garbage poll. it's aight. the maw is so lame tho..
    Oh my goodness, yeah ... the maw could use a little work. I am sure that future patches will introduce new sub-zones within and outside the Maw. I hope so, at least because I completely agree with you insofar as that the Maw could certainly use more work.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoying the questing way more than BfA and I daresay more than Legion also.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just because there is a weekly lockout doesn't mean it isn't a grind to do to get to that lockout.
    That's exactly what it means. That is the exact definition of what not a grind is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Unironically actually fun. I have one char heroic geared with everything done but m0s, working on my 2nd. Having a blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    What lies about collusion has the bag bad media told? From what I've seen, they report and discuss the fact that there are investigations into whether there was collusion. Which, ya know, is true.
    Remember, even the Nazis had followers, and this is why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask after xmas, its new and shiny

Anima sounds like artifact/azarite, so this gonna be fun...

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like its better but im comparing it to the groan inducing 2 years of bfa burnout i felt at the end instead of the start of bfa.

Best expac for me since Wrath. Incredible looking unique zones. Actual player choice (covenants). Gear feels good again. No more daily chores. Endgame is alt friendly. PvP is back on the menu. Torghast is the best single-player content theyve ever added. Etc

This is so much better than BFA, and even Legion (for me), it's not even remotely remotely close.