Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dunno about shadowlands but in BFA I leveled a fresh boosted warlock who only had the character boost gear on him and I was literally pvping with the mobs.

That is in Classic and will be in TBC Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    I feel like every thread I make requires a disclaimer, so here it is again: I love WoW. I've been playing it since I was 13 in early TBC. This is my opinion. You have yours. Let's have a discussion. I'm not attacking your very soul just because I disgaree.

Now, I ask you honestly, do you enjoy questing? I find myself asking more and more...why don't mobs hit hard? I really don't understand why Blizzard even make mobs charge up big attacks when they don't even take 10% off your health. I've stood in things I shouldn't stand in countless time just to try and feel like I'm atleast in some kind of danger. Why go to the effort of animating things you apparently should move out of, when you don't need to move out at all?

Maybe that's what they're going for now, and I'm sure a lot of people like a relaxing experience. But what is so wrong with encouraging a little thought? Instead of pulling mobs without a care in the world, why not turn questing from a brain dead slog into something that can actually keep you on your toes. I'm not asking for a brutal challenge...I'm asking for any challenge at all. It's not hard to move out of the kind of things quest mobs throw at you. Why shouldn't those things take atleast 25% of your health off?

Every second mob should charge up an attack that you have to move out of, or casts something you NEED to interrupt or you lose 25-50% of your health. Because, why not? Why must questing be pulling mobs and doing the same rotation over and over just waiting till they die. Can you really be honest and say you enjoy when you pull an extra mob in this game? It's just a chore because it's mindless.

MAKE ME MOVE OUT OF SOMETHING. Rares and elites can be soloed. What is that? Wouldn't you like some other kind of combat than just seeing a mob, running over to it and pressing the same buttons you have before while standing still until its dead without any threats to your character whatsoever?
    A 'hard' quest is subjective. I agree with your sentiment insofar as Shadowlands is concerned. To seasoned players, none of the quests are challenging at all. I believe sincerely that Activision-Blizzard is looking at the ezmode quest model to retain new players subscriptions.

Typical of activision-blizzard. I wish there were some more challenging quests myself, challenging in the manner that you and I see something as being challenging of course.

The closest you are going to get to a challenging quest is doing the Benediction quest line in WoW Classic or getting your attunments when The Burning Crusade Classic drops... which, if I am not mistaken is coming soon?

Sorry, but that is the truth. The times of retail having 'challenging' quests (subjective) has long passed mate. Now the 'challenging' quests are at end game and are not hard or challenging whatsoever, but generally involve doing dailies and grinding reputation... which is not hard or challenging. Time consuming, yes.

Hoping this helps you understand a little bit better. I know it wont make you feel better about the state of quest difficulty in Shadowlands but hey, it is what it is.

p.s.,

what is the last challenging quest you have done, recently? I am curious as to a recent example from expacs past... as to what you consider 'challenging'

if someone wants challenge in the game, they can do mythic dungeons. raids. rated battlegrounds. arenas. they will probably add some kind of Torghast challenge mode, too.

questing is just there as a basic treadmill for coming to grips with the game mechanics
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Questing has to be doable by everyone. Every player no matter age or capabilities has to be able to quest their way to max level. If leveling poses any kind of challange to a seasoned player it will be impossible for some others.

While I think it's necessary for questing to be easy, I think there should be more optional elite quests that encourage grouping. These elite quests should however not contain any story elements.

The weapon you got from Nathanos in pre event is ilvl 115 and you won't replace it before you are atleast level 55 or you get lucky and some q reward goes epic.
    Im going to ardenweald at 57 and124 ilvl and all of those are bfa except for one ring and trinket.
    The only pieces you should try to replace asap are helmet, shoulders and chest since bfa ones dont have secondary stats and azerite traits dont work in SL

7+ Year Old Account
    Go back and play vanilla wow if you want quests to be challenging...
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    levelling doesn't have to be a challenge, it is a mechanism by which to tell a story. and it does that just fine. the absolute last thing Blizzard would want is for people to give up because questing is too hard, so they make it easy so everyone can do it and get to the endgame which is where the challenge is

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Questing has to be doable by everyone. Every player no matter age or capabilities has to be able to quest their way to max level. If leveling poses any kind of challange to a seasoned player it will be impossible for some others.

While I think it's necessary for questing to be easy, I think there should be more optional elite quests that encourage grouping. These elite quests should however not contain any story elements.
    totally agree with this. More emphasis on 5 man group for elite quests that reward nicely, that are made challenging due to the nice rewards. It could be ancillary to the campaign / story of quests but somewhat related thematically.

This would be a wonderful idea if anyone from Blizzard development team is here for future patches, can we get an Amen?!
    Last edited by Mapdap; 2020-11-26 at 07:24 AM. Reason: typo

Because if enemies are challenging, you'll spend half your leveling experience eating for 10 seconds after each encounter, which will basically ruin any form of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Does every game need to be a Dark Souls clone?
    Come one mate, that’s just a stupid answer.

“Can we put a small pinch of sugar in the sauce?”

“OH SO YOU WANT A CAKE THEN”

Talk about overreacting.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like every thread I make requires a disclaimer, so here it is again: I love WoW. I've been playing it since I was 13 in early TBC. This is my opinion. You have yours. Let's have a discussion. I'm not attacking your very soul just because I disgaree.

Now, I ask you honestly, do you enjoy questing? I find myself asking more and more...why don't mobs hit hard? I really don't understand why Blizzard even make mobs charge up big attacks when they don't even take 10% off your health. I've stood in things I shouldn't stand in countless time just to try and feel like I'm atleast in some kind of danger. Why go to the effort of animating things you apparently should move out of, when you don't need to move out at all?

Maybe that's what they're going for now, and I'm sure a lot of people like a relaxing experience. But what is so wrong with encouraging a little thought? Instead of pulling mobs without a care in the world, why not turn questing from a brain dead slog into something that can actually keep you on your toes. I'm not asking for a brutal challenge...I'm asking for any challenge at all. It's not hard to move out of the kind of things quest mobs throw at you. Why shouldn't those things take atleast 25% of your health off?

Every second mob should charge up an attack that you have to move out of, or casts something you NEED to interrupt or you lose 25-50% of your health. Because, why not? Why must questing be pulling mobs and doing the same rotation over and over just waiting till they die. Can you really be honest and say you enjoy when you pull an extra mob in this game? It's just a chore because it's mindless.

MAKE ME MOVE OUT OF SOMETHING. Rares and elites can be soloed. What is that? Wouldn't you like some other kind of combat than just seeing a mob, running over to it and pressing the same buttons you have before while standing still until its dead without any threats to your character whatsoever?
    Good examples of why questing is not challenging are the Mage Towers and Horrific Visions. Everytime Blizzard make challenging solo content people start to cry their ears out. Back in Legion when Mages Towers were released there was an army of crybabies whining about them being too hard. It was first when people started to completely outgear the Mage Towers that things settled down a bit.

because the game is about raiding and not the levelling. how much time is spent at max level content vs below max level? blizzard is wasting enough dev resources on <1% of a chars /played vs max level content where the other 99% are spent on

10+ Year Old Account
    Rares and elites can be soloed
    not.. ppl forget they get gear and/or play solo classes
    to name an example i just recently met, fresh dinged 50 (prior to SL, like just last week) hunter BM, can't solo the scorpid elite quest in Vol'dun
    they are nowhere as brutally hard as classic/tbc elites who need raid gear to solo even as hunter, but u make it sound like they are right click, they aren't
    heck there is an elite t-rex in zuldazzar who is hard even with gear
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Because it's supposed to be casual content.

Honestly, i don't enjoy questing cause it's repetitive and often in WoW the story hardly tries to justify it.
    Making it take longer without any extra reward would just make it even worse.

They need to make dynamic events rather than boring secondary tasks. The world is static.
    Exploring a zone in GW2 or FFXIV is way more interesting cause theres something going on at any given time.

What WoW devs need to do is put the resources of secondary quests into dynamic quests and strip the main questline to it's essentials rather than ruin it's pace by padding. They already have the tech. They use it for invasions.
    What? Sorry but you are insane in this matter. While i agree GW2 exploration (and ESO) is way better than Wow's, it's story is pathetic, lacking and you can't delve into a game and feel part of it. So that's win and lose at the same time (but overall i think GW2 still does better job in terms of exploration, how about wow's story but gw exploration?)

But counting FFXIV in? Since 2013 i've played more FFXIV than wow and i totally disagree. FFXIV zones are dull, have bad textures, are boring, nothing interesting going there, quests are even more pathetic than wow ones, no chests and findings, no interesting things, lack of details, just terrain and rocks. Monsters are repetetive and boring, most zones are just empty...
    Last edited by Meteuor; 2020-11-26 at 09:25 AM.

true story
    some Classic quests are a real challenge and it makes questing a a ilttle more exciting
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Your gear is probably well over ilevel 100.
    The quests aren't tooned for people who raided/did mythic + in the previous expansion. It's tuned for the average player/people who are leveling up new 50s. Try taking a level 50 with ilevel 60 gear through this content and you'll get your ass handed to you, I guarantee it.

Also, if you're any good at the game, most quests won't be a challenge.
    Gearlevel is surely no argument, they have the means to scale mob health and damage according your gear, providing every player the same difficulty.

WoW having subpar gameplay mechanics (no aim, no dodge, but press your 3-4 buttons to kill a mob or a few over and over again with no way to fail or succeed) and the game being no challenge at all (except up from heroic raiding, certain keystone levels and PVP) is a reason for me not playing it anymore.

Instead of buying into Shadowlands i play Hades now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Boddhi; 2020-11-26 at 09:45 AM.

It’s always been easy, I’ve long made peace with it and don’t expect anything else.

If you’ve played since tbc, you should as well.

We have multiple difficulties for end-game via simple settings. Why not introduce "hard-mode" for Outdoor content similar in execution like war-mode? No extra rewards, just +100% HP and Damage for outdoor mobs for people that enjoy it. You can only enable it in a Major City with a big disclaimer that it's unbalanced and just an optional way to play the game. You can disable it anywhere. Problem solved.

Mobs hit hard. It poses a challenge, albeit not the greatest one. Pulling 4 = dead for a lot of specs.

It's your problem and your problem alone that you went questing in 130+ ilvl instead of normal ~52 ilvl. You fucking outgear the content and then complain it's too easy? Well...
    Last edited by ldev; 2020-11-26 at 09:59 AM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Mobs hit hard. It poses a challenge, albeit not the greatest one.

It's your problem and your problem alone that you went questing in 130+ ilvl instead of normal ~52 ilvl. You fucking outgear the content and then complain it's too hard? Well...
    To his defense, I started my SL journey on a level 50 and ilvl 48 Paladin and it was still easy enough and never died once, soloed every single rare mob I encountered. I ran away ONCE when I pulled 2 elite in an accident.

Edit: You probably meant not too hard.

You can make it harder by pulling more. Dynamic difficulty.
    Error 404 - Signature not found