Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Time for Worgen and Goblin Monks

Way back in MoP, worgen and goblin didn't get monks for the sake of "story?", "uniqueness?" - some made up reason like these take your pick.

Now, since even allied races can all be monks and dks, there is no reason not to include them anymore.

Yes please. I want goblin monk so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by SLbetterthan BFA View Post
    Way back in MoP, worgen and goblin didn't get monks for the sake of "story?", "uniqueness?" - some made up reason like these take your pick.

Now, since even allied races can all be monks and dks, there is no reason not to include them anymore.
    I like anything that discriminates against top hats, monocles and goblins.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Didn't Blizzard say the reason Worgen and Goblins didn't get Monks was because they didn't have their models up to date enough to support Monks?

Well, now that Worgen and Goblins have their model update they should be able to be Monks. It seems like they forgot to include Monks when they updated the models.

Goblins, sure. Worgens, nah. The whole deal with them was whenever they get into a fight, they can't help but be filled with the wolf's fury, causing them to worgen-out. They have control, but they don't have the balance and inner-peace needed to be a Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Goblins, sure. Worgens, nah. The whole deal with them was whenever they get into a fight, they can't help but be filled with the wolf's fury, causing them to worgen-out. They have control, but they don't have the balance and inner-peace needed to be a Monk.
    Worgen regain temporary sanity from a mixture Krennan gives the Worgen after they turn.
    They finish their cleansing under Tal'doren in the Blackwald of Gilneas through the Ritual of Balance.
    The ritual is accomplished by ingesting Moonleaf and drinking holy waters from a moonwell, so can be replicated.
    Last edited by Razion; 2020-11-26 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Worgen regain temporary sanity from a mixture Krennan gives the Worgen after they turn.
    They finish their cleansing under Tal'doren in the Blackwald of Gilneas through the Ritual of Balance.
    The ritual is accomplished by ingesting Moonleaf and drinking holy waters from a moonwell, so can be replicated.
    And yet, they can't stop but turning into a wild wolf whenever they are involved in a fight.

Yes, they have their sanity. Yes, they have control. But that wild side is still there, still inside and not completely beaten back.

I see your made-up point and counter with my own-made up point:

They unleash their bestial abilities like regular monks use the spirit of the white tiger.
    It strains worgen greatly but they are able to calm back down through rigorous mental training (:P)

Like how The Light burns undead priests eVrYtiMe, but they can still be priests because players want to play one.

And yet, they can't stop but turning into a wild wolf whenever they are involved in a fight.

Yes, they have their sanity. Yes, they have control. But that wild side is still there, still inside and not completely beaten back.
    Have you seen Bruce Lee fight?
    He unleashes a wild animal inside him and then calms back down after the fight.
    Fits worgen perfectly.

The ritual is literally called Ritual of Balance, they have control.
    Last edited by Razion; 2020-11-26 at 01:16 PM.

especially since Vulperas can be monk, so that means blizz already has goblin monk animations ready, no reason why they couldn't be monks

Didn't Blizzard say the reason Worgen and Goblins didn't get Monks was because they didn't have their models up to date enough to support Monks?

Well, now that Worgen and Goblins have their model update they should be able to be Monks. It seems like they forgot to include Monks when they updated the models.
    When I looked at wowhead's character viewer, both worgen and goblin had the animations ready way back when mop launched 7 years ago :O
    both had thousand fists, kicks, mediation and all that, you can even look a them right now at this very moment.

Let's fight for the good cause together Razion! worgen and goblins deserve as much as any other race

- - - Updated - - -

worgen monks unleash their inner beasts when they fight like how every monk uses the spirit of the white tiger,
    and then they calm back down, like Bruce Lee when they are out of combat
    Last edited by SLbetterthan BFA; 2020-11-26 at 01:19 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Stop inventing lore excuses, if races like Undead can be Monks, anyone could. Personally I would love if every race would have access to only some classes, but this ship has sailed long time ago.

just gonna say back in Mists if you used that mirror toy on a goblin/worgan as a Monk..or hell in WoD with the coin pre worgen/goblin update they had FULL monk animations

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be perfectly okay with it. It wouldn't require a particularly egregious retcon for a pandaren to have washed ashore in Gilneas/Kezan and for the Gilneans/Bilgewaters to get curious--heck, the goblins could turn it into a pop culture fad like kung fu was in the US during the 70s, and for those in Exile's Reach, there's been plenty of time for goblins and worgen to undergo training with the pandaren chilling in Stormwind/Orgrimmar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    especially since Vulperas can be monk, so that means blizz already has goblin monk animations ready, no reason why they couldn't be monks
    Goblins and worgen have had a full suite of monk animations for quite some time now, because of quests/scenarios that transform you.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Just remember the golden rule of MMO-C
    More options are always good...
    Unless those options impact gameplay. Then choices have to be meaningful because wow is a super immersive RPG (and I don't want to be accountable for my choices).
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

They have limited control. They're still worgen. If they were fully restored they'd just be humans.

If they have control, why are they literally incapable of fighting without transforming into the furious beasts?

If they have control, why are they literally incapable of fighting without transforming into the furious beasts?
    Because Blizzard probably didn't wanted to go too far with the whole you can be two races at once thing. Even the ability to transform into humans for aesthetic purposes is just a nice roleplaying gimmick. If they could enter battle as humans, it would make Worgen basically being able to constantly race change between two races spontaneously and for free.

Lore-wise, the form is intended to be stronger. It wouldn't make sense to fight in human form where you're weaker and more vulnerable.
    Some take pride in who they are now, and have adapted to life in their Worgen forms and some even prefer it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They have limited control. They're still worgen. If they were fully restored they'd just be humans.
    Are you saying they don't have enough control to move their bodies how they wish? It's not like they're not in control of their limbs - everyone can punch and kick.