10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt scrapped level 40 gear will do much in regard of crafting materials to upgrade level 50 (or w/e level) gear.

Maybe you get a decent amount if you fill your inventory and stash upfront, but I wouldn't expect much of it. Maybe 2 or 3 upgrades.

Massive wants everything to take as much time as somewhat tolerate-able. They're not the cutting corners free-bees kind of developer. They want to push you to anger and tears in order to get something done, because the feeling of accomplishment is greater that way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    I doubt scrapped level 40 gear will do much in regard of crafting materials to upgrade level 50 (or w/e level) gear.

Maybe you get a decent amount if you fill your inventory and stash upfront, but I wouldn't expect much of it. Maybe 2 or 3 upgrades.

Massive wants everything to take as much time as somewhat tolerate-able. They're not the cutting corners free-bees kind of developer. They want to push you to anger and tears in order to get something done, because the feeling of accomplishment is greater that way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Wouldn't busting everyone back to square 1 and getting them to grind another 10 levels and all new gear for all their builds do that even more, though? Even with the optimization station that would take awhile. Especially if drop chances and quality get screwed with the take the optimization station into account.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...s_patch_notes/

Patch notes are up.

The exotic holster/AR seem pretty neat for skill builds. Rotating 30% damage buffs that stack endlessly? Up to 60% weapon damage + 50% skill damage on an AR? That's solid as hell.

Perfecly In Sync with 20% boosts on an AR?

Solid shit, but still not too hyped to jump back in and play, even with the Summit updates : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Patch notes are up.

The exotic holster/AR seem pretty neat for skill builds. Rotating 30% damage buffs that stack endlessly? Up to 60% weapon damage + 50% skill damage on an AR? That's solid as hell.

Solid shit, but still not too hyped to jump back in and play, even with the Summit updates : /
    Sooo not really any gameplay changes but a grind station and new loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Sooo not really any gameplay changes but a grind station and new loot?
    And the new gear, which should allow for some neat new builds.

But nothing dramatic or anything.

Patch notes are up.

The new exotic Shotgun and AR look like they have potential. How do you figure 60% weapon and 50% skill damage from the AR tho?

The new named AR with Perfectly In-Sync is, according to testers, one of the lowest damage ARs in the game.

The exotic holster makes me wonder. It's only 30% damage to one skill at a time? That switches back and forth? I guess it would let you have some extra skill damage if you wanted to use the Eclipse Protocol backpack talent instead of Memento.

The new Rigger set sounds like it will be good for Turret/Drone builds. Maybe also for Hive builds.

All in all it seems like a good addition to the potential builds players can make. But you're absolutely right that it's mostly not that good with any new content to use it on. :/

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The new exotic Shotgun and AR look like they have potential. How do you figure 60% weapon and 50% skill damage from the AR tho?

The new named AR with Perfectly In-Sync is, according to testers, one of the lowest damage ARs in the game.

The exotic holster makes me wonder. It's only 30% damage to one skill at a time? That switches back and forth? I guess it would let you have some extra skill damage if you wanted to use the Eclipse Protocol backpack talent instead of Memento.

The new Rigger set sounds like it will be good for Turret/Drone builds. Maybe also for Hive builds.

All in all it seems like a good addition to the potential builds players can make. But you're absolutely right that it's mostly not that good with any new content to use it on. :/
    Stacking skill dmg buff from dealing weapon damage that goes to 50%. It decays, but it should be pretty easy to keep at/near cap. As for the weapon damage, I was off and it's 30% weapon damage if you've got 6 cores.

Lame on the named AR...but at least it'll keep the buff up and do damage without carpel tunnel. Can't say I'm surprised, but I guess it makes sense from a balance standpoint.

Rigger...honestly I'm kinda meh on. Seems like the set bonus really only works with what, hive/turret that you can pick up? Or would it trigger when you change targets for a drone, too? Either way, that's a nice damage increase (50% ain't bad) and having cooldowns up 24/7 is pretty nice...but I don't know if it's worth the other talent/stat losses. Turret/drone have short-ish cooldowns at tier 6 anyways, and with hive/BTSU gloves you can more or less achieve the same effect (popping hive supercharges the recharge and resets whatever other cooldown is up).

Shotgun seems like it'd play pretty well with some of the gear from TU11 that's more close quarters focused. If the stacks reset, that'd be a good way to get someone to keep the 20% damage increase debuff on enemies to melt bosses.

Rigger...honestly I'm kinda meh on. Seems like the set bonus really only works with what, hive/turret that you can pick up? Or would it trigger when you change targets for a drone, too? Either way, that's a nice damage increase (50% ain't bad) and having cooldowns up 24/7 is pretty nice...but I don't know if it's worth the other talent/stat losses. Turret/drone have short-ish cooldowns at tier 6 anyways, and with hive/BTSU gloves you can more or less achieve the same effect (popping hive supercharges the recharge and resets whatever other cooldown is up).
    Ordering your turret/drone to a new target triggers the buff. However. The buff doesn't refresh, meaning that you need to wait forit to expire before restarting the buff.

It might be a non issue if you can just spam your turret/drone to attack the same target. Worst case scenario you pick up your turret and drop it again, or double tap your drone to make it return to you.

.Shotgun seems like it'd play pretty well with some of the gear from TU11 that's more close quarters focused. If the stacks reset, that'd be a good way to get someone to keep the 20% damage increase debuff on enemies to melt bosses.
    Someone on the PTS said it will be hilarious when everyone in a group is using it. The status stacks will add up so fast enemies won't stand a chance.

Imagine a 4 man team all with EP and this exotic.

Roflstomp

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...november_2020/

SOTG update is out.

I kinda feel like they really rush these PTS builds, barely a week of testing has gone by and that's not enough time to get enough feedback and data IMO...but whatever.

Optimization station just seems like a longterm grind to get perfect rolls on all your stuff. Nice I guess, but the game doesn't need more grinds, it needs more content.

YOU CAN SET APPAREL IN LOADOUTS?! IS THIS NEW OR HAS THIS ALWAYS BEEN IN AND I NEVER KNEW ABOUT IT!? Because that's hype as shit, and would have saved me so much time changing my gear when I'd swap builds. Gotta have fitting gear for the build.

PTS prat 2 will be up Nov. 27, I guess having development teams out of the US means that Thanksgiving week isn't a holiday for them.

And update out in early Dec.

I might be back for it but like...fuck...I don't even know what I'd do other than update loadouts with apparel and maybe dick around with open world events until I realize I have nothing left that I really want to accomplish anymore.

Maybe I'll jump back in Summit and try to get the named pistol/exotic backpack finally. Especially if the loadout appearance builds are already in the game and I've just been big dumb and missed them this whole time.

Great game, hours of fun. Game has its buggy moments but dont they all. The matching and social menus could use some help. All games have glitches and bugs.

maybe dick around with open world events until I realize I have nothing left that I really want to accomplish anymore.
    There's whatever they're doing with Kenly College(assuming it's going to be out any time soon).

There's whatever they're doing with Kenly College(assuming it's going to be out any time soon).
    Limited time event, not really interested.

And the apparel loadouts have been in the game since launch and I'm just a derp : |

- - - Updated - - -

And playing around with them last night...kinda lame you can't tie them to gear loadouts so you've gotta swap sets on two different screens, but better than manually swapping apparel gear.

Lucked out and got into another heroic Summit in the 90's (with a few challenges on, the armor pack one and something else I forget). Still pretty deeply unfun, and cheesing the hunter flight at the top is silly but kinda just feels like an underwhelming conclusion. No pistol/exotic back though.

However I've been tinkering around with my old hybrid weapon damage/healing set and realized it was bad. Swapped a few things around (healing holster to get me up to skill tier 3 and a nice 40% repair buff, swapped my Mechanical Animal for an in-sync AR for the targeting laser) and it's feeling...alright! Not amazing, but the damage is pretty good, especially with my assault drone up, and while I'm not full healing in a single healing chem I'm still capable of doing some solid spot healing and filling up bars after ressing them.

Kinda wanna finish the manhunt so I don't miss out on the skill but just....mmmmaaaannnnnnnn, it's kinda boring.

Kinda wanna finish the manhunt so I don't miss out on the skill but just....mmmmaaaannnnnnnn, it's kinda boring.
    Do what I do for speedruns:

Wear 4pc Eclipse Protocol, set the world to normal/hard, use firestarter chem and drone, named Kard or AR with in-sync......you can just blitz through content with almost no effort.

I actually use the memento for everything now. That bonus armor on pickup and armor regen is too good along with skill tier and weapon damage.

Or if you're really going full tryhard: use a backpack with creeping death. A single application of firestarter nukes an entire level. It's kind of hit or miss though. But when it works it's hilarious!

Well, finished it. Got the pistol, it's much stronger than I thought and works super well with the big shield (free +1 to it whenever you pop it out).

And Momento is a bundle of fun, seriously. It works perfectly in my hybrid healing build and pushes me to +4 Skill Tier while giving me free skill efficiency and weapon damage. I'm actually quite enjoying the build. Damage is surprisingly solid with my AR and the healing basically almost a full heal for base armor (though sometimes the big hit doesn't land, weirdly). Been heal sniping a bit for funzies.

Now I'm kinda bored. I guess I could get the exotic chest from Summit, just need to get back to FL 100 again as I just got the last piece. But otherwise...nothing to do again. Manhunt and season are complete : /

Manhunt and season are complete : /
    Speedrun league started. That's about it.

tried memento. it completely doesn't work for me. at all. oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    tried memento. it completely doesn't work for me. at all. oh well.
    When you say it doesn't work, what do you mean? That it doesn't fit into any of your builds? Or that it just doesn't suit your playstyle?

When you say it doesn't work, what do you mean? That it doesn't fit into any of your builds? Or that it just doesn't suit your playstyle?
    more second then first, but both TBH. I can see how it could work in a summit, but for everything else its just too much of a bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    more second then first, but both TBH. I can see how it could work in a summit, but for everything else its just too much of a bother.
    Well, it's definitely meant for hybrid builds. Granted it takes a few kills to get up and rolling, but once you've got at least 15 stacks it's as good or better than any other piece out there. At full stacks I have difficulty justifying any other exotic.

- - - Updated - - -

From the most recent patch notes:

Fixed the “Symptom Aggravator” talent activating under certain circumstances without the required gear.
    So if you've been using the backpack on its own for status builds, then you'll now have to wear the 4pc to actually get that talent in TU12.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...december_2020/

TU12 going live 12/8, I'll be digging back in a bit at some point as I'm getting a new machine and will FINALLY not have to play it at 1080p on low settings. Bring on the full 2K resolution and graphical goodies, baby!

Optimization station is apparently still pricey which is a bit annoying, but makes sense since it's apparently more supposed to be to "finish off" gear rather than just upgrade whatever you have to perfect rolls. Not in love with that, but what I DO love is that you'll be able to dump crafting mats to turn them into SHD optimization station resources, so there's finally a proper sink and not just the weekly exotic cache.

Kenly College Nightmare Whatever is also apparently canceled at the last minute due to covid...which is like...again, I get that it's a perfectly valid excuse and all but this had to be something they knew about well before this. Poor communication on their part. Instead it's apparently now just an apparel even which...you know what, fuck it. I'm much more down with that. Hopefully they'll toss a bunch of older stuff in there to earn for folks who missed some of the earlier ones.

Looks like it's "canceled canceled" and not just "delayed" which is...worrying.

Next-gen consoles finally get an update too, 4k/60fps baybee.

S4 manhunt is going after Faye Lau, so expecting a fair amount of story-related content surrounding that. Some of those sub-target names like Kestrel seem familiar for some reason too.

S4 apparel event (separate from the Kenly replacement) seems pretty good too, digging the Coyote and Mongoose outfits.

I dunno...between Kenly getting axed completely, the introduction of the optimization station, and Faye Lau being this seasons manhunt target...I'm starting to get some "end of support" vibes from the game : /