Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just look at monarchies around Europe. Many royal families have no ancestral ties to the country they reign in, and seldom would take anyone besides family for a spouse.
    The queen of England is of German descent for instance.

There is no reason they should have to be chonk.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    None of the skinny or fat kul titans are important/major characters.

The point is, message blizz is giving here is that fat = bad people (Priscilla) and sexy = good people (Proudmoores).
    It’s a sad day when ppl use Warcraft to determine what gives them a boner

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread can be summed up in one sentence: "I am out of real problems, so I'll make-pretend some instead".

I really envy you for this, OP. I wish my main concern was fat representation in a videogame, lol.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    This thread should come up if you google "reaching".

Well, I bet it's cause the chonkers are a rare breed of kul'tirans. I might be off but I think only maybe 10% are like that lorewise as they have native Kul'tiran blood.
    Jaina's family just isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Why do people call the Kul Tirans "fat"? I'm pretty sure they were inspired by the actor of the Mountain from GoT (one of the strongest men in the world), who evidently isn't fat. Try to tell the Mountain that he's fat and let's see how many seconds he gives you to run away.
    Kul Tiran males are strongman body type, but the females are just straight up fat

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    It’s a sad day when ppl use Warcraft to determine what gives them a boner
    Dunno what my post has to do with this conclusion? Or are you just randomly quoting people?

Let's pretend OP is not completely out of their mind and that blizzard is hating against fat people

I don't think that's an issue,what are fat people gonna do about it,stand up for themselves? I don't think their legs are that strong

Why do people call the Kul Tirans "fat"? I'm pretty sure they were inspired by the actor of the Mountain from GoT (one of the strongest men in the world), who evidently isn't fat. Try to tell the Mountain that he's fat and let's see how many seconds he gives you to run away.
    do /dance for male kul tirans. the freaking dance it is from irl is called the fatty dance. They ( blizzard) clearly had something in their mind about kul tirans.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgjelme View Post
    Just look at monarchies around Europe. Many royal families have no ancestral ties to the country they reign in, and seldom would take anyone besides family for a spouse.
    The queen of England is of German descent for instance.

There is no reason they should have to be chonk.
    I mean, we also know that Jaina adheres to the faith in the Light that isn't shared by her countrymen since the BfA retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    None of the skinny or fat kul titans are important/major characters.

The point is, message blizz is giving here is that fat = bad people (Priscilla) and sexy = good people (Proudmoores).
    Let's pay no attention to all the good Kul Tirans using their standard model and all the other Kul Tiran baddies that don't use Ashvane's mountain of lard model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Because they're literally fat. They look absolutely nothing like the mountain.

You have to be American to think the KT models are not obese.

The kul'tiran are fat becuase of drust blood, they are also taller because of the drust blood. End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    OK hear me out on this one
    No.

because it may take some thinking hardly to understand
    Nope.

but it makes perfect sense to me (and you)
    Not at all.

once you see what I'm talking about.
    And still a no.

Clueless people thinking a power gut is "fat/obese"... strongmen have it for a reason...

I think Kul'tirans look awesome.

Why would the Proudmoores share the same model? They're not sailors doing the heavy lifting... Kul'tirans are humans conditioned, not a race per se.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-11-26 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    Because they're literally fat. They look absolutely nothing like the mountain.

You have to be American to think the KT models are not obese.
    I'm not American nor am I fat, I just created a Kul Tiran and realized that one of their racial abilities is a massive punch that literally pushes back and stuns enemies, which an obese man can't do.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, there's two ways to look at this topic: Watsonian, or in-universe, and Doylist, or out-of-universe.

From a Watsonian perspective, the Proudmoores, like most royal families in Warcraft, typically have access to the best foods and have the luxury of dieting and exercising for aesthetic purposes. The average Kul'Tirans come in varying sizes based, it seems, primarily on their profession/economic class, but they all have to work hard to earn their living, hence why even the fat Kul'Tirans have strong arms, backs, and legs despite noticeable stomach fat. Compare, if you will, the Kul'Tirans to the competitors in "World's Strongest Man/Woman" competitions, where people build strength and muscle for performance rather than aesthetics.

From a Doylist perspective, it's because Jaina and Daelin were designed before the developers decided on the 'fat strongman' build for Kul'Tirans and decided to do the same for Katherine, Derek, and Tandred to keep the visual theme.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I'm not American nor am I fat, I just created a Kul Tiran and realized that one of their racial abilities is a massive punch that literally pushes back and stuns enemies, which an obese man can't do.
    You realize that you can have both a lot of fat and muscle in your body at the same time? They're fat (especially the females). Just look at their bellies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    You realize that you can have both a lot of fat and muscle in your body at the same time? They're fat (especially the females). Just look at their bellies.
    Nerovar pls, its called a one-pack!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Imagine if I had so few issues IRL that I could whinge about something like this. Imagine...