Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Imagine if I had so few issues IRL that I could whinge about something like this. Imagine...
    Unlike the real issues that you do whinge about all the time, like what "WoW-haters" did this time to besmirch the holy name of Blizzard
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    None of the skinny or fat kul titans are important/major characters.

The point is, message blizz is giving here is that fat = bad people (Priscilla) and sexy = good people (Proudmoores).
    I see people have already forgotten Cyrus and Rosaline.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Blizzard themselves the larger Kul Tirans while a subset of humans are just there to support more larger version of their thinner counter part. Large Kul Tirans do not represent the whole of Kul Tirus, just like the human models don't represent every human. They are just there for more flavour.

From Travis Day the Senior Concept Artist. https://blizzardwatch.com/2018/04/05...-day-jimmy-lo/
    Travis: So, Thin Man and Fat Man are what we call them internally. And no, they’re not intended to be a different race, [they’re] just variants on Kul Tirans. So, generally, when we’re spawning up Kul Tiras on the design side, we looked at using them as kind of our… maybe it’s a little bit like, ‘The big guy’s the bouncer!’ Or, ‘The big guy’s the ruffian who’s got a little guy up by the neck! And then the little guy’s more the scoundrel and they’re always holding daggers or leanin’ up against something,’ and, I don’t know, it just gives us a little more flavor and texture to the world.
    Also from wowpedia
    Non-playable Kul Tiran human models include thin, normal and fat body types. The playable Kul Tirans use the fat body type. They are not intended to be a separate race, they are simply variants on Kul Tirans made because Blizzard wanted bigger and smaller models to fit the various NPC roles and add more flavor to the world. They are not biologically different from other humans
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-11-26 at 03:03 PM.

Humans are hard wired to fat shame because it's unhealthy.

I struggle with my weight and I fat shame myself because I want to be healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    What lies about collusion has the bag bad media told? From what I've seen, they report and discuss the fact that there are investigations into whether there was collusion. Which, ya know, is true.
    Remember, even the Nazis had followers, and this is why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So do you think that the Proudmoore family who are Kul Tiran don't use the Kul Tiran character models because of a fat bias that the developers at Blizzard have given they have Western beliefs because of them being Americans?
    I'll take the bait:

You do know that the Kul'Tirans are solely comprised of bulky, thick people, right? You do know there's also lots of thin humans and normal-looking humans, right?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

a thread died for this

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I see people have already forgotten Cyrus and Rosaline.
    Would you honestly say Cyron or Rosaline are as important as Jaina or Ashvane...? They are side characters at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    you do all realize this is a video game on a fictitious World with made-up races and you are all bickering over real-world representation and the politics of inclusion.....totally fuhggin hilarious....get a hobby or do something else with your free time.

Kul Tirans are fucking jacked, though. That's what strongmen/women look like. It isn't bodybuilders, which go for form over function.

Jaina, her mother, Tandred, etc. are all commanders, mages, or politicians, so it stands to reason they wouldn't be the same as big ol' infantry.

The problem with Kul Tiran models lie with WoW's engine limitations. Much armor "stretches" over their physique as a texture so it looks like Fat Guy in a Little Coat, and their dances seem bloated and floppy because of how the joints align with larger pieces of the model. If you put them in armor that has 3D pieces that cover the "painted on" textures (Necrolord covenant plate, heritage armor, some of the KT leveling pieces...) they look perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I certainly would hope so, fat heroes do send a wrong impression

7+ Year Old Account
    Fat jaina wouldn't sell so well.

And let's face it. Female chracters in blizzard games tend to have some sort of exploitable appearance because it's easy marketing
    Look at how many people like Alextrasza or other 'sexy' females

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Kul Tirans are fucking jacked, though. That's what strongmen/women look like. It isn't bodybuilders, which go for form over function.
    Males are. Females are severly lacking in muscular arms. Althought that seems to be an issue with every female model in wow except maaaaaaybe orcs
    Last edited by Maljinwo; 2020-11-26 at 03:20 PM.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Fat jaina wouldn't sell so well.

And let's face it. Female chracters in blizzard games tend to have some sort of exploitable appearance because it's easy marketing
    Look at how many people like Alextrasza or other 'sexy' females
    I mean it's a fantasy world where everyone's jacked so I don't know if ugly humans exist? Ashmane I guess?

Edit: not ashmane, the antagonist woman from BfA, I didn't play it

They aren't that fat.
    Strong people aren't lean and ripped. They need to have a little fat.
    They are not participating in the Mister Olympia.

There's a difference between being fat and being bulk.

This explains it much better.

And I don't think we should be able to be fat(in the game), we're heroes. We need to be fit, not entirely ripped with 5% body fat, but there are limits. I don't want to see some kind of sweating, hard-breathing fatass swinging swords like it's a pencil. Being FAT is unhealthy and shouldn't be praised or even tolerated..

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Imagine if I had so few issues IRL that I could whinge about something like this. Imagine...
    Weren't you actually wasting your time on other not important non-issues on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Unlike the real issues that you do whinge about all the time, like what "WoW-haters" did this time to besmirch the holy name of Blizzard
    That's right.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-11-26 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Males are. Females are severly lacking in muscular arms. Althought that seems to be an issue with every female model in wow except maaaaaaybe orcs
    Fair. Tauren ladies are big...ish, but not as much as they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    You realize that you can have both a lot of fat and muscle in your body at the same time? They're fat (especially the females). Just look at their bellies.
    You know very well what kind of image society (and the rude OP) has of "fat/obese people".
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

And here I am only caring about if the design is interesting... Seems I can enjoy things more than most since I don't get hung up on stuff like this.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

This thread is going places and none of them is the gym.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    ?
    So what exactly is your goal here? Perpetuate the skinny bias? Fat-shame? Nation Bash? Culture Bash? or something completely different?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I like the thicc ladies I see no issue with them haha.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

3+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with it, it's just a way to distinguish Kul Tiran from regular Humans. Also, they're chonky because they have Drust blood
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.