Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    If the goverment made a law that said you must adress every single LGBT member as an untermensh would you accept it? No you would tell the government to fuck off.
    Why am I entertaining this delusional nonsense to begin with?

Nothing in Bill C-16 contained any such thing by any analysis whatsoever. Hell, protected class legislation, by definition, cannot be discriminatory and protects everyone equally.

Now imagine a guy that makes no effort at all to really transition and he demands you call him a she because he wants you to. I will also tell him to fuck off.
    That's because you're transphobic and you've decided to be abusive to someone because of your own personal prejudices. Nothing more. In this hypothetical.

I should not be punished by law because i refuse to do so.
    And Bill C-16 wouldn't affect you. So congrats on not having any clue what we're talking about, apparently.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If the goverment made a law that said you must adress every single LGBT member as an untermensh would you accept it? No you would tell the government to fuck off. Now imagine a guy that makes no effort at all to really transition and he demands you call him a she because he wants you to. I will also tell him to fuck off. I should not be punished by law because i refuse to do so. Neither do i tolerate the left wings pronounce BS . Zir and zers do not exist in my language. That doesnt mean somebody is transphobic. If a transexual respectfully asks me to use the pronounce which he is comfortable with i will do so.
    C16 doesn't mandate you call any one any thing that’s just the lies Peterson sold and you bought hook line and sinker.

Literally all it does is stop harassment and discrimination it has nothing to do with zir/zer or any thing else.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    C16 doesn't mandate you call any one any thing that’s just the lies Peterson sold and you bought hook line and sinker.

Literally all it does is stop harassment and discrimination it has nothing to do with zir/zer or any thing else.
    He just wants everyone to meet his arbitrary standards and take him seriously.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    He just wants everyone to meet his arbitrary standards and take him seriously.
    To be fair as endus laid out he must be illiterate to believe this stuff so he probably doesn’t know any better.

The one and only thing that he has ever said that makes sense is the need to find meaning in the modern world and that a lot of people are depressed because they don't have anything personally fulfilling but that has basically always been true.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    To be fair as endus laid out he must be illiterate to believe this stuff so he probably doesn’t know any better.
    On the issue of C-16? Sure. But the whole spiel about about his arbitrary line in the sand about what he'll accept? Just the social intelligence of a shit flinging monkey. I mean, it's literally "I don't care about your social definitions, but here are mine in every annoying detail." It's pretty hilarious, actually, because the real world never works like this.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the goverment made a law that said you must adress every single LGBT member as an untermensh would you accept it? No you would tell the government to fuck off. Now imagine a guy that makes no effort at all to really transition and he demands you call him a she because he wants you to. I will also tell him to fuck off. I should not be punished by law because i refuse to do so. Neither do i tolerate the left wings pronounce BS . Zir and zers do not exist in my language. That doesnt mean somebody is transphobic. If a transexual respectfully asks me to use the pronounce which he is comfortable with i will do so.
    You're such a noble majestic creature......... /s
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    No that is not right. Bitch ass sjws must be heard! Bitch ass sjws must decide what books should be allowed.
    Its funny to see their retarded cancellation tactics not working like it was the case with Joe Rogan and Spotify sensitive souls.

- - - Updated - - -

Its the greatest parenting failure of all time. That is what created this generation of retarded sensitive children that must impose their stupid immature views on everything in the world.
    Cancel Culture isn’t a thing as for boycotting Joe time will tell. The Truth is you cannot cancel something you had no part in creating in the first place.

As for you silly ass opinion the only one who needs to grow up here is you.

The saying just because you can does mean you should.

People being aware of others besides themselves is a sign of intelligence as opposed to framing anything and everyone you disagree with as a retard.

- - - Updated - - -

You fail at democracy mate. Democracy is not here to make you comfartable but to make uncomfortable by subjecting you to different ideas and point of views. This shit seems to occur only in america btw. If you tried this in my country you would be considered a liability and fired. If you ever said minister of hatred to my boss he would laugh demand you go back to your job and if you refuse he would fire your ass on the spot.

- - - Updated - - -

I take the third option: Cringe at your notions.
    Yeah well some people still live in the dark ages and this isn’t about free speech again this is about hate speech on the civil liberties of marginalized people. Whether you like it or not that is just as valid as your need to defend this garbage.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

That's because you're transphobic and you've decided to be abusive to someone because of your own personal prejudices. Nothing more. In this hypothetical.
    So i have to give in to an demand of the trans community and if i refuse i will be labeled transphobic abusive and prejudiced. Without a shred of evidence of course. Congratulations you have just proven my point that this is compelled speech.Not through law but through social pressure. Really disgusting if you ask me.

So i have to give in to an demand of the trans community and if i refuse i will be labeled transphobic abusive and prejudiced. Without a shred of evidence of course. Congratulations you have just proven my point that this is compelled speech.Not through law but through social pressure. Really disgusting if you ask me.
    So it's not compelled speech then? Glad we cleared that up.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

5+ Year Old Account
    Translation: "I don't like when people stop socializing with me because they think I'm a shitty person."

We're not going to force people to be your friend, sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

Yeah well some people still live in the dark ages
    The irony is strong in this one,

and this isn’t about free speech again this is about hate speech
    Doesnt exist stop making BS up

on the civil liberties of marginalized people. Whether you like it or not that is just as valid as your need to defend this garbage.

You dont give a rats ass about marginalized people. And why do i say? Unlike America we have large Muslim community within out borders and they have a rather dim view when it comes transgenders. Now it occurs with some regularity that the LGBT is harrased by the muslim community. I never see the heroes of the left come to the defence of the LGBT community when they really need it. So i dont believe you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I mean your reaction to it pretty much says it all.
    Good fucking thing we dont base our justice system on your "logic"

5+ Year Old Account
    You dont give a rats ass about marginalized people. And why do i say? Unlike America we have large Muslim community within out borders and they have a rather dim view when it comes transgenders. Now it occurs with some regularity that the LGBT is harrased by the muslim community. I never see the heroes of the left come to the defence of the LGBT community when they really need it. So i dont believe you.
    I mean, yeah, if you ignore, like, all the amicus briefs in the Bostock case.

We don't "virtue signal" like you're doing here. Our plans have always involved securing anti-discrimination and medical access for trans people. There's a reason the US runs largely on the informed consent model for trans related medical care, and it's because of the left.

7+ Year Old Account
    So to go back to endus’S original point.

You can pick; either Peterson was lying about "compelled speech" the entire time, to push an transphobic agenda intended to protect and encourage the harassment and abuse of transgendered people. Or Peterson is a colossal fucking idiot and borderline illiterate. And I don't mean that last bit hyperbolically; I mean he literally finds it difficult to read plain English written at a high school level.
    Which one is it? You admit there’s no compelled speech by law so is Peterson lying or illiterate?

10+ Year Old Account
    That you phrase it as a "demand of the trans community", that you think there is no evidence to back transgender identities, that's what defines you as an abuser and as transphobic.

You choose to attack decent, innocent people, solely because you irrationally hate who they are. That's a choice you're choosing to make. Don't blame the rest of society when they judge your character accordingly.

And no; lying about basic shit doesn't translate into any argument about "compelled speech". No speech is compelled. There's just legal consequences if you engage in criminal harassment and abuse.

Jordan Peterson is a jackass, and fits into the same world as dinguses like Ben Shapiro.

His entire schtick is 'imply lots of prejudice but have enough loop holes to deny you have any prejudices with just enough righteous indigence'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Jordan Peterson is a jackass, and fits into the same world as dinguses like Ben Shapiro.

His entire schtick is 'imply lots of prejudice but have enough loop holes to deny you have any prejudices with just enough righteous indigence'.
    One particularly egregious technique he uses is to phrase a statement in a way that clearly implies something ridiculous and/or terrible, such that anyone reading/listening would take that as the point, but when challenged on it, he'll feign offense that he didn't come right out explicitly to say that. The infamous BBC interview is chock-full of this. Most of the questions people took issue with the interviewer asking are derived directly from what Peterson clearly implies. I don't think Newman was particularly adept in the interview itself, but as a for-instance, she raised the issue of the pay gap between men and women, and Peterson tried to defend that by point to women making difference choices than men. And that's a bullshit answer, and Newman didn't understand enough to see why it's bullshit.

The reason why is a combination of two things. First, men and women do not exist and do not reach adulthood in a vacuum. They do so within a culture, a society, which shapes them in many ways, and thus, shapes what choices they are more likely or not to make. The second is that this same society has made a concerted effort over centuries to value the contributions of traditionally feminine endeavours less than those of traditionally masculine ones; the jobs favored by women traditionally thus have generally lower pay scales than comparably-trained traditionally-masculine jobs. Saying "well, they make different choices" is, fundamentally, a "god of the gaps" fallacy, that tries to insert a hand-wave in place of further study and analysis. It answers nothing, and serves only to try and deny further examination, suggesting that any inequities are somehow "natural" and irrevocable, when the truth is that they're entirely cultural in origin.

That you phrase it as a "demand of the trans community", that you think there is no evidence to back transgender identities, that's what defines you as an abuser and as transphobic.
    Thats some batshit insane logic there. The answer is that you are wrong.

You choose to attack decent, innocent people, solely because you irrationally hate who they are.
    This just funny. This has no effect on people outside of NA. I think you are crazy for even saying that.

That's a choice you're choosing to make. Don't blame the rest of society when they judge your character accordingly.
    You believe yourself to be society? good god mate SJW's are considerd weirdo's in america and the rest of the world has even less favourable opnion about such nonsense

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Newman was particularly adept in the interview itself, but as a for-instance, she raised the issue of the pay gap between men and women, and Peterson tried to defend that by point to women making difference choices than men. And that's a bullshit answer, and Newman didn't understand enough to see why it's bullshit.

The reason why is a combination of two things. First, men and women do not exist and do not reach adulthood in a vacuum. They do so within a culture, a society, which shapes them in many ways, and thus, shapes what choices they are more likely or not to make. The second is that this same society has made a concerted effort over centuries to value the contributions of traditionally feminine endeavours less than those of traditionally masculine ones; the jobs favored by women traditionally thus have generally lower pay scales than comparably-trained traditionally-masculine jobs. Saying "well, they make different choices" is, fundamentally, a "god of the gaps" fallacy, that tries to insert a hand-wave in place of further study and analysis. It answers nothing, and serves only to try and deny further examination, suggesting that any inequities are somehow "natural" and irrevocable, when the truth is that they're entirely cultural in origin.
    And completely ignoring the biological differences between a man and a women of course.

And no; lying about basic shit doesn't translate into any argument about "compelled speech". No speech is compelled. There's just legal consequences if you engage in criminal harassment and abuse.
    Which you get to define of course . And if you do not get what you want from the law the you use mobs to intimidate your opponents.
    Last edited by DKjaigen; 2020-11-26 at 09:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One particularly egregious technique he uses is to phrase a statement in a way that clearly implies something ridiculous and/or terrible, such that anyone reading/listening would take that as the point, but when challenged on it, he'll feign offense that he didn't come right out explicitly to say that. The infamous BBC interview is chock-full of this. Most of the questions people took issue with the interviewer asking are derived directly from what Peterson clearly implies. I don't think Newman was particularly adept in the interview itself, but as a for-instance, she raised the issue of the pay gap between men and women, and Peterson tried to defend that by point to women making difference choices than men. And that's a bullshit answer, and Newman didn't understand enough to see why it's bullshit.

Well there's also been studies that have focused on specific careers, such as being a doctor, to zero in on the pay differences. Even with everything being balanced, there is still a pay discrepancy.

He does a good job of sounding smart with a high vocabulary while spewing ideas that, once you actually slow down and put them in plain english, are completely insane. I distinctly remember one of his original 12 rules amounting to "perceived positive benefits of believing something are more important than it actually being true" which, yeah ok, jump off a skyscraper believing with all your heart you can fly and tell me how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.