10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's his birthday but can we fire Paul Guenther?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burrow apparently had an ACL, MCL, and general knee damage. 9-12 month rehab time, might end up missing next season as well.

Always have to worry when a rookie QB gets a knee injury, and this one looks like it may be career altering.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Burrow apparently had an ACL, MCL, and general knee damage. 9-12 month rehab time, might end up missing next season as well.

Always have to worry when a rookie QB gets a knee injury, and this one looks like it may be career altering.
    Just brutal - #1 draft pick possibly out permanently.

(removed post re NCAA football because today is Monday and that's my excuse for the brain fart)
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-11-23 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    wrong football thread I think, cubby

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    wrong football thread I think, cubby
    Indeed, completely wrong thread. Whoops.

Thanks.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-11-23 at 08:55 PM.

There are QBs that have had worse injuries come back, so as long as it doesn't hurt him mentally I wouldn't be worried about his career yet.

Speaking of Oregon, this also makes it less likely the Bengals manage to somehow find another win this year. Sewell would help that o-line be less awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deshaun Watson tore an ACL as a rookie, he's made it back OK.

Obviously its a terrible thing that happened, but the timing isn't so bad. Depending on what the additional structural damage was he could be ready for the start of next season, and somebody else can take the lumps behind that OLine until then.

Justin Herbert now poised to run away with rookie of the year, on pace for ~4500 yards and ~37 TDs he should hopefully get some more attention as those numbers climb.
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Deshaun Watson tore an ACL as a rookie, he's made it back OK.

Obviously its a terrible thing that happened, but the timing isn't so bad. Depending on what the additional structural damage was he could be ready for the start of next season, and somebody else can take the lumps behind that OLine until then.

Justin Herbert now poised to run away with rookie of the year, on pace for ~4500 yards and ~37 TDs he should hopefully get some more attention as those numbers climb.
    Looks like it's worse than just the ACL...

Report: Joe Burrow has torn ACL, MCL, additional damage in knee
    Prior to the MRI, the team reportedly suspected that Burrow tore his ACL. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Monday’s MRI showed there were multiple major issues beyond that, including a torn MCL and other “structural damage.”
    Just brutal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Looks like it's worse than just the ACL...

Report: Joe Burrow has torn ACL, MCL, additional damage in knee

Just brutal.
    Yeah the "structural damage" is the worry. If this was just an ACL/MCL it'd be fine so long as it doesn't shake him mentally. If there's other damage, this could be Teddy Bridgewater.

15+ Year Old Account
    He was getting it regardless. Burrow has been ok with a reason to be good about the future, but Herbert has made an immediate and consistent impact that you can trust to not just be a fluke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Been some pretty ticky-tack DPI calls, and that last one definitely should have been OPI on Evans instead of DPI on Ramsey.

If this is how the refs are going to be calling this game it'll be a long night for the Rams secondary.
    Last edited by Brubear; 2020-11-24 at 02:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    These refs suck, early whistles on a possible fumble play, are refs ever gonna cut out this incompetent shit?
    /s

I was really looking forward to the Ravens - Steelers matchup, but it's looking more and more like it's not going to be that close of a game. The Ravens will likely be without several starters due to COVID/injury issues.

Also, Lamar Jackson lamented that "I feel like people want us to lose" to reporters after their loss against the Titans on Sunday. Whenever your franchise QB starts whining and talking loser talk like that, it's not a good sign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    I was really looking forward to the Ravens - Steelers matchup, but it's looking more and more like it's not going to be that close of a game. The Ravens will likely be without several starters due to COVID/injury issues.

Also, Lamar Jackson lamented that "I feel like people want us to lose" to reporters after their loss against the Titans on Sunday. Whenever your franchise QB starts whining and talking loser talk like that, it's not a good sign.
    It's not even the first time he's whined this season. He was calling out their OC just a few weeks ago.

So the Ravens/Steelers game just got postponed to Sunday. There goes the only decent game tomorrow.

This is the second time this season the Steelers are forced to rearrange things because another team can't handle their shit. If the Ravens are found to be in violation of any COVID protocols, they should have to forfeit the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the rumors, they absolutely were in violation. Apparently a trainer was symptomatic and didn't tell anyone. Not sure why they aren't part of the daily tests, or maybe they had false negatives.

This game is really gonna screw up things considering it has huge playoff implications.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    NFC-E also has the most recent SB win of an NFC team. Problem is that the Giants have been a perpetual rebuild since their last one. Had a decent team one year until a certain boat picture...

Washington is Washington.

Eagles haven't put anything in place to help Wentz.

Cowboys put together good teams every 3-4 years but blow it. Also drafted a RB high when your O line was on the decline and decided to sign him to a big contract while kicking the can on Dak. Now Dak is hurt, and now they ain't doing anything this year. McCarthy is an overrated AF coach.
    McCarthyh is not overrated He developed Aaron Rodgers, won a Super Bowl, multiple trips to the NFC title game and wln over 100 games. He is implmenting an entirely new offensive system and can't keep QB's healthy. It is completely unfair to write him or call him overrated. His accomplishments preclude him from being called overrated to begin with and his issues in Green Bay was the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    McCarthyh is not overrated He developed Aaron Rodgers, won a Super Bowl, multiple trips to the NFC title game and wln over 100 games. He is implmenting an entirely new offensive system and can't keep QB's healthy. It is completely unfair to write him or call him overrated. His accomplishments preclude him from being called overrated to begin with and his issues in Green Bay was the GM.
    Aaron Rodgers should have easily been the run away winner of the debate of "Best QB ever." That he is, at best, 3rd behind Brady and Peyton, and maybe even 4th if you consider Brees's workmanship output, is because of McCarthy.

McCarthy is not a good coach (at least in the modern NFL). Even before Dak was hurt, the Cowboys offense was frustratingly misused.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been playing fantasy or following the red...Washington, but Gibson seems like a sproles/percy harvin type of threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

This game puts the Washington Football Team in 1st place in the NFCE. Kind of fitting that dumpster fire would be leading that division.

The Cowboys defense is also really special.