Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is your nerdiest gaming habit?

I would say mine is pressing the save button too often.

In games like Final Fantasy or other RPGs, I'll save those rare elixirs for when I need them, yet never use them, because there might be a more important time to use them, I won't even use them on end bosses.

Same in WoW, I still have the Light of Elune from 2007, because there might come the time that I really need it.

Overexploring every piece of land in case that I don't miss or forget anything. Took me many more hours playing Witcher 3

Stacking up on consumables and rarely use them because I'm afraid of running out

Also saving a lot of times in case I get disconnected or soemthing

I'm kind of a hoarder in games for some reason, keeping things I probably won't ever use simply cause ya never know.

Not playing them, because they’re no longer for nerds like me.

Spending an excessively long time on character appearance and transmog/armor customization. It's extremely important that my character looks like a badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine is tinkering with in game settings longer then actually playing the game. It’s every time I play a new game as well as older ones especially if they got reset.
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Everything that anyone already said in this topic, literally everything.

Nerdiest gaming habit? I guess I would say listening to other game soundtracks while gaming.. does that count? Like first time around I give everything my full attention, even for a couple more run throughs if I enjoy it. When it becomes repetitive, I like other gaming tracks, a long with some other music but I am just sayin'.

Or I'm really bad for writing gaming information down on paper: cheats, codes, lists, etc. When I have a computer infront of me... it's just something I can't shake off after all this time. Big puzzle maze? Let me get out the paper. (I actually did this for Lucid Nightmare in WoW too, before downloading an actual add on..) I think that might be a little bit nerdy. Sometimes I come across old cheats and stuff in my notebooks. It makes me smile.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2020-11-27 at 01:25 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I'm kind of a hoarder in games for some reason, keeping things I probably won't ever use simply cause ya never know.
    This but half the time just for the sentimental value.
    Hey I put in real time and effort to get this unique item. Why should I trash it? It's proof I did this now removed questline!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    In games like Final Fantasy or other RPGs, I'll save those rare elixirs for when I need them, yet never use them, because there might be a more important time to use them, I won't even use them on end bosses.

Same in WoW, I still have the Light of Elune from 2007, because there might come the time that I really need it.
    This is sooooooooooooooooooo me

Does taking days off for certain releases count?

10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to certain things, especially mmorpgs I like to plan out almost every single detail before I make a character.

I create characters, not toons.

I spend ages coming up with back story, follow naming conventions, and try and make them look the part.

Understanding frame data in fighters.
    Understanding stat concepts in Pokemon
    list goes on

Completely agree with this. I, too, still have the LoE for that random just in case moment. Nevermind the fact that there have been times I could have used it and saved us from that .1-.5% wipe, I might just really need it for some upcoming raid boss.
    I even agree with the Elixirs and Mega-Lixirs in Final Fantasy. I’ve gotten a little less stingy with them as I’ve gotten older and realized I barely ever use them, but in the back of my mind I’m always thinking there’s going to be another Emerald Weapon fight I’ll need to save them all for.

If there is optional stuff on the maps i have to do it. If there are questionmarks on assassins creed i have to do any single one them. Even if i actually want to leave a zone i still do every ? and the same in WoW, i cannot let sidequests or chests leave unexplored.

Makes me sometimes not want to play the game but i have to complete anything. It's strange since i am usually not that way in RL.

Definitely saving consumables and never use them. Or very rarely more precisely.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Pooping and peeing into my diaper so I don't have to leave my computer desk and can continue the grind!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Exploring every nook and cranny and breaking every pot in every level.

Ya know, just in case.
    Same.
    Can really screw the opinion of quite a lot of actually good games, as it starts to become boring.

This is how I forgot to use the Holy Mightstone I had planned for our Lich King kill way back. So it still sits in my bank to this day...
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=20620/holy-mightstone
    Also, Skyrim. Too much pots to ever bother using them outside of HP ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.