Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    3) Torghast stages behind locked to a unknown week amount. Right now you can only do the first 3 stages and its unknow when the rest will come out.
    False, they made a blue post about this before the expansion launched. We're getting more wings on the 8th of December.

4) Weekly cap on Soul Ash needs to go. If I want to grind it until I'm blue in the face let me.
    No thanks, they did that the last two expansions. The majority of the community believe endless grinds are toxic to the game. And it does bring about toxic behavior overall, there's a reason the game was at it's most successful for several expansions when there were limits on what you could do each week.

5) Weekly renown cap needs to also be removed, Once again if I want to grind it let me.
    I'd be fine with this if there weren't power gains from it, but there are so again, no thanks. Toxic gameplay involved with endless grinds.

7) The maw not allowing mounts so it takes longer to do stuff in it.
    There are 2 mounts that work in the Maw, and from a lore perspective this makes complete sense. One is from a rare inside the Maw and the other is from reaching a milestone within Torghast.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can take a break from wow for a day or 2 on non-raid days not feel im "getting behind" on my grind and feel bad.

Its fine how renown/anima work.

the Maw is a shithole, as a DK its pretty shit to move around in.

If nothing is timegated, people cry how "ITS SO MUCH THAT IS MANDATORY, WTF BLIZZ"
    And when stuff is timegated, people cry how "ITS NOTHING TO DO, WTF BLIZZ"
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Yeah I hate the caps. I want to keep playing and earn things, they're basically forcing me to stop playing and I'm probably going to lose interest once CP77 is out.
    infinite azerite grind? people are angry.

capped reknown/soul ash? people get angry.

get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Nobody is saying they want an endless grind, which you smugly stated. They want an option to do it, or not to do it, but for that grind to not be required.

Blizzard white knights will twist everything they can to defend their beloved corporation to the death, it's sad.
    the thing is, if you can do it people assume its required. you cant have things both ways.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Nobody is saying they want an endless grind, which you smugly stated. They want an option to do it, or not to do it, but for that grind to not be required.

Blizzard white knights will twist everything they can to defend their beloved corporation to the death, it's sad.
    If you let the cap go, it will be required. You can go on and explain me how an unrestricted access to Soul Ash (-> Legendaries) and Renown (-> Gear, WQ Reward Increase, Soulbinds, Soulbind Rows) would not make it so people were forced to grind.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Disagree 100%.

I much prefer the game not being able to be turned into a job. Forcing players to slow down and not get burned out doesn't sound like a bad thing to me. It also keeps the gap between players from growing too large. And i think that's also something they need to think of. If the gap grows too large between new players and those that started at the launch, new people will be turned off the expansion. And they don't want that.

What? You're still able to progress, just not everything at all times. I think you also need to learn what the word "forced" means. And at no point are you limited in how much you can play. Yeah you need a dictionary as well. Don't even know what the word limited means either.
    The irony of talking about a dictionary. sigh Like I said You dont want to bother with the effort others may have no issues with.

Am I alone in not being bothered about the mount thing in maw? It fits the aesthetics and hostility of that place. You can just kill a mount NPC and use his for 1 minute which is enough to get you almost anywhere, if you need more, just kill one more npc. They are abundant.

I see lots of people ignoring the npcs though and run by foot, so I guess many don't know you can do that.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Yea fuck all of those. Blizz has this tendency to ruin their own things.

Yooo, this is awesome. Jtbrig is also a "timagate hater" just like myself

Ofcourse i would agree here.

As i said before "timegating is worse than gacha games and lootboxes combined"

Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    Torghast is locked for the same reason M+, arena and raids are locked, how is this surprising to you?
    Torghast isn't dropping gear though.

Caps are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Torghast isn't dropping gear though.
    It drops legendary resources, hence gear.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Caps are ok.

It drops legendary resources, hence gear.
    Why don't they time gate mining for blacksmiths then?

So much stuff at level 60 is timed in some way and IMO it holds the experience back greatly.

The things I am talking about are...

1) Swapping Talents in your Forge Bonds costs gems and each one recharges on a 10 hour timer.
    2) Healing your companions at the command table costs a high amount of anima or a super long recharge time (over a day).
    3) Torghast stages behind locked to a unknown week amount. Right now you can only do the first 3 stages and its unknow when the rest will come out.
    4) Weekly cap on Soul Ash needs to go. If I want to grind it until I'm blue in the face let me.
    5) Weekly renown cap needs to also be removed, Once again if I want to grind it let me.
    6) The amount of anima you get doing WQ's is soo small and makes doing things like the listed above and Sanctum Upgrades extremely long to do.
    7) The maw not allowing mounts so it takes longer to do stuff in it.

The leveling experience in Shadowlands IMO was smooth. But all of gates and caps screams mobile gameplay and funny enough some of it can be played on their app. I legit have nothing to do the rest of the week unless I level a alt because of all of the caps and super slow grinds. Everything feels like its in place to make you play longer and not have fun.

All of this stuff is honestly pushing me away from SL and making me want to play it less. Sucks because there is also a decent amount here I really enjoy. I have loved the leveling and the dungeons.

That is just my 2cents tho, do you Agree? Disagree? or somewhere in between.
    Time gating is bad, but at least it's better, than infinite grind.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Why don't they time gate mining for blacksmiths then?
    Can you craft 235 gear with special powers using only blacksmith? (Without involving Torghast which is already capped)

And they just added more time gating.

https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/1332714544557223938
    Blizzard has pushed a change to Ven'ari doubling the amount of reputation required in order for players to get their sockets, from 21000 total rep to 42000.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Most of this has nothing to do with 'mobile gaming' and is a simple response to players farming until they are blue in the face for a week while complaining that there is to much to do and to many grinds and then after that complaining there is nothing left to do but endless grinds.

And I like how its more relaxed now, spend about 2 days doing all that 'needs' to be done and can now do what I want without feeling like I am falling behind.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Yooo, this is awesome. Jtbrig is also a "timagate hater" just like myself

Ofcourse i would agree here.

As i said before "timegating is worse than gacha games and lootboxes combined"
    I wouldn't say its worse than those combined but timegating can die in a fire.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You just cant please all ppl.
    Having an infinite grind available that yields gear is basically forcing everybody to do it.
    Having time gated stuff isnt bad per se, but in this expansion its everywhere you look, with very little meaningful content to do in the meanwhile.
    At the end of the day we will have M+ in like 2 weeks time, so just sit tight.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Time gating is bad, but at least it's better, than infinite grind.
    Then what's "good"?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    infinite azerite grind? people are angry.

capped reknown/soul ash? people get angry.

get over it.
    I'm not both those people

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Lol. "They want an option to do it, or not to do it, but for that grind to not be required."

There is no way to design such a system in a game where any small numbers advantage is considered required by most raiders.
    Yes it is. Azerite was such system. I literally skipped pretty much everything I didn't like and still kept up with curve while raiding mythic. So if ignoring all world quests, emissaries, mission tables, island expeditions, pvp was enough to get cutting edges then it should be good enough for 99% of playerbase.

Yes you could farm it on island expeditions, that gave you like +3 neck level vs people who didn't farm it which was around 1.5% dps increase
    Yes you could ignore it (unless you absolutely didn't play the expansion so excluding raids and m+ and any form of pvp)
    And Yes it wasn't required because there was no content that couldn't be done without farming any azerite at all.

So long story short, a system that doesn't allow you to go full retard (softcap), that gives you SMALL upgrades (so they don't matter that much), and that rewards ALL kinds of gameplay.