Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What mmo doesn't reuse content for a long time? Quests are a huge part of mmos. I'm sure there are other collection games out there for you. You probably loved WoD didn't you? Raid and farm mounts and mog.

You can also do the callings via only dungeons btw. You will rarely ever have to do a world quest.
    Nobody says quests has to get removed, they just have to not be mandatory for entire expansion, even vanilla didn't require you to do THE SAME quests for its entire lifespan.

And I doubt I will be able to complete callings via M+ like I could do so with BfA (since no quest could be done in M+), but I could be wrong. Having them done via M0 for geared character is dumb anyways. Not to mention some of the calling specifically says about completing WORLD QUESTS. And as far as I know they are random.

10+ Year Old Account
    What i love with classic is you get preraid bis, then you just raidlogg, retail wants you to logg in every week ontop of that to get anima, it is artifact and azarite power, its just a new name, but reading the comments... this is not the last xpack with it.

Anima doesn't seem to be as easily grindable. And renown is locked to 3 a week it seems. This is a very casual and alt friendly expansion it seems. Everything can kind of be done at your own speed.

First expansion i've ever played where i got to max and stayed up on the weekly stuff in the first week of launch.
    I'm a thread killer.

There is literally no infinite grind or anything close to AP this expansion, believing otherwise is literally the equivalent of being a flat earther, you can have the belief, but it is flat out wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    There is literally no infinite grind or anything close to AP this expansion, believing otherwise is literally the equivalent of being a flat earther, you can have the belief, but it is flat out wrong.
    Well then there wasn't any infinite grind in BfA going with that logic since it was hard capped until last patch 8.3. Thinking otherwise makes you flat earther.

That being said, you have to keep doing shit content for entire expansion and (so far) there doesn't seem to be any alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Well then there wasn't any infinite grind in BfA going with that logic since it was hard capped until last patch 8.3. Thinking otherwise makes you flat earther.

That being said, you have to keep doing shit content for entire expansion and (so far) there doesn't seem to be any alternatives.
    But you are literally wrong, anima you have capped at 35k sure a lot, but it has little to no impact on player power, only player convenience, and the primary use of it is the buildings, which are gatted by the redeemed souls anyway. You mimimal effort you can farm enough to get the required amount of buildings, the amount of effort you would put in to idk just play the game? Also renowned is hard locked weekly to what about 3 renown a week that takes like an hour to do?

If you hate the game systems so much, feel free, no feel encouraged to leave, and not just the game but this site too because you are flat wrong. That is like bitching that there is an infinite grind because you can always grind gold, and well you can buy just about everything in game with gold.
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

MMO-C needs to put an autoban feature on threads that have 'Blizzard needs' or anything such similar in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    So Shadowlands endgame is pretty much the same as BFA endgame system where you have an infinite grind of the azerorite system but this time is renown and anima. Plus there is a legendary grind added on top that, that's going to be required for raiding. So the grind is back from BFA but with an extra layer of more grinding. Blizzard needs to retire these systems and go back to just grinding for the best gear, like they had in Cata and Mist, not this crap that was added since Legion, systems on top of systems. If they don't want to continue losing players.
    its fundamentaly different since in SL those are capped.

just play the game and they will be filled. what i noticed for anima you need to do 2-3 callings a week and you are done .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Anima doesn't seem to be as easily grindable. And renown is locked to 3 a week it seems. This is a very casual and alt friendly expansion it seems. Everything can kind of be done at your own speed.

First expansion i've ever played where i got to max and stayed up on the weekly stuff in the first week of launch.
    if you did even 1 calling you would know how wrong you are.

just do 3 quests that give you 3x35 anima which gives 315 anima + anima from chest and you are done in 2 days of minimal time investment.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    But you are literally wrong, anima you have capped at 35k sure a lot, but it has little to no impact on player power, only player convenience, and the primary use of it is the buildings, which are gatted by the redeemed souls anyway. You mimimal effort you can farm enough to get the required amount of buildings, the amount of effort you would put in to idk just play the game? Also renowned is hard locked weekly to what about 3 renown a week that takes like an hour to do?

If you hate the game systems so much, feel free, no feel encouraged to leave, and not just the game but this site too because you are flat wrong. That is like bitching that there is an infinite grind because you can always grind gold, and well you can buy just about everything in game with gold.
    Who said anything about anima? its just resource like garrison resource. We are talking about Renown.
    My minimal effort in BfA was raid + 1 M+. And that is not going to work in SL.

Also read my previous posts about azerite, maybe you will understand what I am talking about.

so your version of the game has nothing you have to do but gear? good lick with that ever happening again.

I was done with the "grind" yesterday. Now I have to wait for next week...where is the infinite grind?
    Got renown capped the first day without thinking about it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    so your version of the game has nothing you have to do but gear? good lick with that ever happening again.
    Read posts again.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    I am 100% sure Blizzard lost subs during BFA like they do with every expansion, it is the normal cycle. Though I do think the drop-off was harder in BFA since tons of guilds died and players quit after Uldir. BFA was a ghost town when I logged in a few months ago on my realm. Though obviously a huge amount of players will come back and resub for Shadowlands which sold more pre-order copies of all expansions.

Personally I am still hesitant to try Shadowlands but think I will stay away. I only like mythic raiding.
    I quit BFA because my time constraints could not keep up with the infinite grinds needed for mythic raiding.
    The grinds seem to be less in Shadowlands but my impression is that it is only a tiny bit less. Not by any margin that would allow someone with a job and family to raid mythic in a balanced matter.
    That’s perfectly reflects my current situation and thus inability to return to the game. Remember the time when the only thing you actually needed for raids were flasks and food combined with weekly attempts at improving the gear. Reputation items counted too but they were quickly replaced with raiding loot so not a lot of raiding people actually cared.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its fundamentaly different since in SL those are capped.

just play the game and they will be filled. what i noticed for anima you need to do 2-3 callings a week and you are done .

- - - Updated - - -

if you did even 1 calling you would know how wrong you are.

just do 3 quests that give you 3x35 anima which gives 315 anima + anima from chest and you are done in 2 days of minimal time investment.
    Thank you for repeating what i said but longer and more douchie. As i said, you can't grind anima like you could AP, as they changed the daily quest system this time around so they aren't as frequent. So yes it's easy ("This is a very casual and alt friendly expansion it seems. Everything can kind of be done at your own speed.") as i clearly stated. But you aren't going to be grinding out Anima as you could've done with AP if you kept up on every single possible way of obtaining it. In other words, you're not going to be grinding out Anima like you were AP because AP had quite a few more dailies each day/hour/week that you could've done to fill the bar. I could keep explaining "Anima doesn't seem to be as easily grindable." for you, because you clearly can't see the differences in how you can obtain Anima and how you obtained AP. But you would know that if you had even finished one calling, now wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    I am 100% sure Blizzard lost subs during BFA like they do with every expansion, it is the normal cycle. Though I do think the drop-off was harder in BFA since tons of guilds died and players quit after Uldir. BFA was a ghost town when I logged in a few months ago on my realm. Though obviously a huge amount of players will come back and resub for Shadowlands which sold more pre-order copies of all expansions.

Personally I am still hesitant to try Shadowlands but think I will stay away. I only like mythic raiding.
    I quit BFA because my time constraints could not keep up with the infinite grinds needed for mythic raiding.
    The grinds seem to be less in Shadowlands but my impression is that it is only a tiny bit less. Not by any margin that would allow someone with a job and family to raid mythic in a balanced matter.
    I think the grind is significantly less because they've but a limit on gains. Like only 3 renown can be earned a week, and only so many souls can be gained from a weekly so you can't grind them, Torghast is reward gated, there's a lot less dailies up at any one time so you can't grind out anima. But i've never been a mythic raider so I don't know how hardcore those types get when it comes to doing things that don't necessarily have to be done, but can be done if you want to keep that bleeding edge advantage over everyone else. But this is the first expansion in the history of WoW where I've gotten to max level and done my weekly stuff in the first week of launch. And i'm what I would call casualish, as in i play a lot, but I don't do a lot in game (mostly random bgs and dungeons and alt leveling.)
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2020-11-27 at 03:27 PM.
    I'm a thread killer.

Who said anything about anima? its just resource like garrison resource. We are talking about Renown.
    My minimal effort in BfA was raid + 1 M+. And that is not going to work in SL.

Also read my previous posts about azerite, maybe you will understand what I am talking about.
    You are still ignoring the fact renown is literally weekly capped limited, thus making it a very very finite grind (also caps at what 40 max anyways) that takes like an hour a week to get. You just dont like facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    So Shadowlands endgame is pretty much the same as BFA endgame system where you have an infinite grind of the azerorite system but this time is renown and anima. Plus there is a legendary grind added on top that, that's going to be required for raiding. So the grind is back from BFA but with an extra layer of more grinding. Blizzard needs to retire these systems and go back to just grinding for the best gear, like they had in Cata and Mist, not this crap that was added since Legion, systems on top of systems. If they don't want to continue losing players.
    dont forget the infinite socket grind,if you think 8.3 was bad....oh boy...sl is gonna last 2 years with this bullshit grind,its literaly legion+bfa hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    you believe those reports lol?
    my boss says "it's already finished, we are polishing" to investors every week and i know we are at ~50% at best
    pretty sure its not legal to lie in those reports,but what they said in those reports doesnt imply bfa was a huge succes either

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    pro tip: if youre complaining about this there is a 100% chance youre not a CE raider.
    pro tip: set your own attainable goals and there is no such thing as an infinite grind.
    pro tip: youre not being forced to play this game

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    I think the grind is significantly less because they've but a limit on gains. Like only 3 renown can be earned a week, and only so many souls can be gained from a weekly so you can't grind them, Torghast is reward gated, there's a lot less dailies up at any one time so you can't grind out anima. But i've never been a mythic raider so I don't know how hardcore those types get when it comes to doing things that don't necessarily have to be done, but can be done if you want to keep that bleeding edge advantage over everyone else. But this is the first expansion in the history of WoW where I've gotten to max level and done my weekly stuff in the first week of launch. And i'm what I would call casualish, as in i play a lot, but I don't do a lot in game (mostly random bgs and dungeons and alt leveling.)
    Well I bought the game and got from 50 to 60 in two short sessions. Must say they did a good job with the world and story. I can understand the hype around Ardaenweald but I personally think the other zones were also very good.

Need to finish Venthyr quest chain so I can choose a covenant finally. Very curious how the game will look then.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I really don't understand why such hate, bad words and hissing towards OP here.

Will you guys EVER accept and value someone's opinion if its different to yours?

OP is right.
    These endless "power progression" systems are choking the game AND player base.

And WOW DID lose A LOT of subs. That's more than obvious if you check pve rankings and pvp glad push.
    Main issue is that OP is complaining about "infinite grind" that existed with Azerite and Artifact Power in the two prior expansions. Shadowlands literally doesn't have that. Anima power is not something you pump into your character to get stronger and renown is hard-capped.

Everyone is free to their opinions, its just this complaint makes zero sense and proves the OP didn't even play SL.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

This is my problem with systems. Ok I haven't jumped into the expansion yet.

Let's say I wait a month. I probably will not, but just sayin'. Anyways how far would I be behind my peers if I hit 60 around Dec. 5th. Yes I get they want us to grind for a bit of gear. That's nothing new. These systems tho.. add a whole other LAYER.

So how big of advantage would someone have on me. (On the charts) Due to NO skill and just from playing from launch.

Now I haven't played yet. So I don't even know if the systems are as bad as azerite or how influential they are over your output (on the charts) in any spec.

I'm just stating why I have always opposed systems. It disincludes/discourages a lot of the population. (they get degraded about the meters if it is not on par with other peers..par meaning putting more time into a hollow grind) Which seems like such a big contradiction for a MMO. As it's main priority should be player engagement with each other. We are not playing a single player game.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2020-11-28 at 04:25 PM.