Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    So you think blizz letting corruptions into pvp means they think pvp is a serious feature still. K
    "corruptions are the entire selling point of the patch and deeply tied to the current story, we shouldn't disable them in PvP" #BlizzardLogic

look, nobody is saying that the devs are remotely competent. it's obvious that they aren't which is how we got into this mess to begin with.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Given that attack speed does so much I wouldn’t say it’s boring to get a ton more. That’s more energy/combo points, procs, poison applications, stacking trinket/azerite procs, it does a lot for you.
    I never said it was useless.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    I never said it was useless.
    And I never implied you did, I contested calling it boring when so many things interact with it and many of those can effect the flow of your gameplay like energy/combo points for sub.

Though it’s less impactful for Assassin as it doesn’t effect flow there.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Learn how to read. I didn't call PvE players traschan players. I PLAY PVE MYSELF. I called players who ONLY view class design in terms of "what is my damage rotation in PvE" trashcan players... which they are! That is a completely limited and ignorant view of the game and feedback from that perspective actively harms other players.
    Being an ignorant and "a trashplayer" are totally two different things. I could also say that you are a trashplayer because you have no knowledge about rogues in Legion(you even played then?) or something like that.
    Just because you have different point of view it doesn't mean others are "worse", because calling someone a trashcan player is rude. And that's not a way to actually have a proper discussion.

And I never implied you did, I contested calling it boring when so many things interact with it and many of those can effect the flow of your gameplay like energy/combo points for sub.

Though it’s less impactful for Assassin as it doesn’t effect flow there.
    The ability is boring, the buff is useful, that's it.

7+ Year Old Account
    The ability is boring, the buff is useful, that's it.
    Um ok so is rupture boring but the bleed useful? Or is eviscerate boring but the damage useful? Or is it just things like death from above that aren’t boring because they have a flashy effect?

Um ok so is rupture boring but the bleed useful? Or is eviscerate boring but the damage useful? Or is it just things like death from above that aren’t boring because they have a flashy effect?
    You find SnD Fun, I find it boring, I think we should stop here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Being an ignorant and "a trashplayer" are totally two different things. I could also say that you are a trashplayer because you have no knowledge about rogues in Legion(you even played then?) or something like that.
    Just because you have different point of view it doesn't mean others are "worse", because calling someone a trashcan player is rude. And that's not a way to actually have a proper discussion.
    PvE extremists who don't understand anything outside of a rotation and selfishly believe all 36 specs in the game should be designed to cater to their every whim and desire are trash.

NOTE that does not refer to every PvE player (I shouldn't have to keep saying this, but people don't read, so here we are). Only a subset who are so narrow minded and selfish.

And yes, as already stated, I played Legion heavily. I had 6 Rogues at 110 (3x per faction) as well as 2x each of 110 Warlock, Spriest, and Moonkin.

Yet Kaver insists on his bold lie that I haven't played the game in 5 years.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    You find SnD Fun, I find it boring, I think we should stop here.
    Ill just take it as a yes you find any thing that's not flashy as boring then.

PvE extremists who don't understand anything outside of a rotation and selfishly believe all 36 specs in the game should be designed to cater to their every whim and desire are trash.
    Why? You know that some players are only doing PvE and that's all they care about? Do you think that gives you power to call them trash?

And yes, as already stated, I played Legion heavily. I had 6 Rogues at 110 (3x per faction) as well as 2x each of 110 Warlock, Spriest, and Moonkin.

Yet Kaver insists on his bold lie that I haven't played the game in 5 years.
    What's your character name? Can you post the forum profile/logs?

Ill just take it as a yes you find any thing that's not flashy as boring then.
    If you say so

If I can cut in here, yes rupture specifically on sub is boring because it's just a dot. Pre legion sub had the bleed advancement mechanic with sinister calling and post legion sub nightblade had the damage amp (which while I thought it was comparatively meh, there was at least some gameplay around timing it with your dance windows on a primary target in aoe).

If we're just going to speak to snd for sub (as we both agree it's at best irrelevant for muti and I personally think it's a good fit on combat). While I concede it's more impactful because of the free CP's (and will be even more so with trash SL gear) that doesn't make it any more interactive. You could literally achieve the same objective by just changing the Shadow techniques proc rate.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    So you want it to be Sinister strike x5-6 -> Eviscerate (Eviscerate does x amount of damage and debuffs the target with Rupture and gives you SnD)
    Or would 2 buttons still be too much?
    The point is that none of wow core game play mechanics are anywhere engaging. But I guess you missed that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Pressing buttons have always lead to more damage in WoW. You can't just afk and expect to top meters.
    oh my

/facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    people yell "you pruned all the abilities, you made the game braindead"

they add stuff back "thats not the stuff we want back. pressing the button is braindead"

/shrug. i wouldnt listen to players either if i were blizz.
    Me neither. I would develop a vision (e.g. abilities should be active and fun) and stick to that. But in Blizzard's case, that changes every year.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there a rank 2 for Envenom that did this (basically refresh SnD to max duration whenever you Envenomed)? I can't find it in the spellbook anymore but I swear it was there while I was leveling my rogue when the pre-patch hit... In fact that's the whole reason that got me motivated to play rogue in the first place, the return of SnD and that rank 2 ability to refresh it.

If they legit removed it I guess I won't be playing rogue this expac either.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2020-11-22 at 09:06 PM.

Can we make Sinister Strike just passive aswell? Oh and every 5 auto attacks we could have a passive Evi, pressing the buttons is boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Forget slice n dice. What covernaut are you lot picking tomorrow.

They seem pretty balanced now.

Feel like Night Fae is gonna take over for raiding though
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

SnD was removed specifically in the past because the community felt it tied too much of rogues damage into auto attacks and not your abilities. Blizzard agreed and removed SnD.

Quote Originally Posted by truevalon View Post
    SnD was removed specifically in the past because the community felt it tied too much of rogues damage into auto attacks and not your abilities. Blizzard agreed and removed SnD.
    That's the main thing Blizzard does wrong - listen to those who cries the most. What happened? All classes got pruned, and people cried. Now they added back abilities, and people cry again.
    Blizzard will never win, simply because they try to please the ones who cries the most. And there will always be someone who cries loud enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Playing sub without premed feels a lot worse. Just not fun spending combo points on two different maintenance buffs/debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Playing sub without premed feels a lot worse. Just not fun spending combo points on two different maintenance buffs/debuffs.
    And this sums the swarms of Subtlety mouthbreathers currently plaguing the game.