Threads of Fate question

Afternoon ladies and gentlemen

Just a quick question about access the threads of fate system

I'm planning to level some alts in shadowlands dungeons for events like timewalking until i get my main shadowlands story characters prepped.

I've taken the alts through the maw and thr into to oribos. So i'm just wondering if later down the line when i do shadowlands on my mains

Is there any way that my alts who had already done the maw and the intro events in orobos could access the threads of fate

Pretty sure you have to talk to the Threads of Fate npc once you have it unlocked. You have to do the whole main campaign on one character and the intro covenant quest to unlock it.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

You can activate Threads of Fate at any time after finishing the Maw and arriving in Oribos. You can just not turn it off once you activated it.
    That is assuming its unlocked on your account, of course.

Yeah doing the campaign wont be an issue.

I plan to do that on my main characters later.

But the characters i sent into shadowlands this week are just alts that i just use for weekly events like timewalking.

I just want to make sure that later down the line i can get access to the covenants and stuff on those characters once i do the storyline properly on my mains

I want to clear the old content on my mains first and tie up all the loose ends on reps, mounts, professions and side stories before i get into shadowlands properly

Quote Originally Posted by knightblazer85 View Post
    Afternoon ladies and gentlemen

Just a quick question about access the threads of fate system

I'm planning to level some alts in shadowlands dungeons for events like timewalking until i get my main shadowlands story characters prepped.

I've taken the alts through the maw and thr into to oribos. So i'm just wondering if later down the line when i do shadowlands on my mains

Is there any way that my alts who had already done the maw and the intro events in orobos could access the threads of fate
    after the intro scenario you will be offered the threads of fate system

if you decline you can always chat with the guy later however once you choose that form of leveling you cant go back

Quote Originally Posted by knightblazer85 View Post
    Yeah doing the campaign wont be an issue.

I plan to do that on my main characters later.

But the characters i sent into shadowlands this week are just alts that i just use for weekly events like timewalking.

I just want to make sure that later down the line i can get access to the covenants and stuff on those characters once i do the storyline properly on my mains

I want to clear the old content on my mains first and tie up all the loose ends on reps, mounts, professions and side stories before i get into shadowlands properly

The way this system works is like this:

You complete the campaigns on your main (first) character up to the point that you choose a covenant and complete the first chapter of that covenants campaign.

You log onto your alt, and take them through the Shadowlands intro scenario.

After you finish that and are sent to Oribos, time will freeze and an NPC will approach you, and offer to start the "threads of fate" adventure system on your character.

Threads of Fate will allow your character to bypass all story content, choose a covenant right off the bat, and begin "Adventures" which are daily progress bars in each zone that fill as your complete Dailys, bonus objectives, quests and dungeons. This also allows your alt to gather and deposit anima as your leveling.

Its like adventure mode in D3.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    after the intro scenario you will be offered the threads of fate system

if you decline you can always chat with the guy later however once you choose that form of leveling you cant go back
    Perfect thanks.

I just wanted to make sure that later down the line i can give those leveling alt access to the covenants and the new adventure mode after i unlock the system on a main