Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This feels awfully like a "scrabbling around to find things to hate on" thread to me. I'd rather have a smaller amount of higher-quality content, that's more replayable, than a bazillion quests I'd rather not do, because I hit max level before I finished even half of them.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Just remember folks, when you see the...

...followed by the...

...you know whats up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    Actually, quite a lot of people, me included, saluted the infinite power grind introduced in Legion, since before that, there was no means to progress your char past a certain point and it felt good getting rewarded for pretty much doing all content there is...

However, players twisted the grind into unhealthy behaviour, again, myself included. I was so burnt out after 6 months of Legion, had to unsub for the same amount of months in the end.

BfA power grind was much much easier then Legion (i didn't grind AP in BfA, i didn't chain spam islands and it was spec shared), but at that point, the novelty wore off and people were left bitter with the system, no matter how ''less grindy'' it was.

2 expansions were enough, and it is good to see that anima grind in SL is mostly for PvE stuff, not tied to char power.
    It's not players "twisting" it into unhealthy, its literally a carrot on a stick. The entire point is to form a loop of drive to get a reward, reward, repeat.

I dont know about lack of content, I've been leveling one character for 2 days straight, got to 60 and am still doing storylines. Usually I get everything done and am doing end game after a day.

I dunno I feel like I've been playing a lot and there's still more and more to do. Between BGs, heroics, callings, torghast, and the maw, it seems like there's plenty to do. Do you really want 20+ hours of required content to do every week on every character?
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivaris View Post
    Why? Even when not rushing but just considering the numbers I am out of things after 16 hours of playtime on level 60. Taking in another 12 hours of leveling that's about 25 hours of initial content that I have experienced on one character before I reach all the timegating limits. This is including the mythic dungeons, gearing up, torghast, all the campaign quests leading up to the limit, quite a few world quests and a bit pvp.

I remember having 26 hours on level 120 with BFA when I ran out of things before the timegating set in, legion was even bigger with over 40 hours (played a full week on level 110 before end of things).
    Hours spent before time gates roll in is not what I would call a great measuring tool for how much content is in expansion.

But personally this is a god send for me. I have work to do.

I know what you might say now - play another character to experience another covenant, or it's your own fault because you rushed. Yes I rushed with three full days gaming but just looking at the numbers we have around 25 hours of content with Shadowlands that is kind of fresh before you reach the end. That is lame.
    I mean you mentioned the counter argument, but didn't really address it. Yes, you are missing out on more content by not experiencing another covenant, so you do not have the full experience of the expansion.

It's a very alt friendly expansion. Take advantage of that.

Seriously that is not much playtime for a 40 Euro expansion. We're talking about initial content here not the timegating content that sets in week after week and forces you to subscribe longer and longer which in return costs you money again. And even those 25 hours where stretched wherever possible with no mounts in the Maw, scarce flight points, no flight whistle etc.
    There are $60 dollar games out there that are fantastic but have 14 hours of content. Are those bad now too?

I am bit disappointed at the moment - sure the dungeons are fun, the raiding will be fun but content wise? It's a bummer when also considering that a lot of content is used assets like Maldraxxus or Ardenweald.
    What does used assets have to do with anything...? Or better question, why care?

SL has the most amount of "controversial" posts of any expansion yet.

your thoughts?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

lets judge an expansion before the majority of content gets released. who cares about the first week
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    To me the biggest issue is that there are still a few chores. Do three world quests? Bah! Go away. I can deal with Torghast but just let me raid and run dungeons, stop trying to make world content happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely. I haven't had a viable alt since WoD, and I actually might this time.
    then dont do it. the woprld doesnt end if yuou dont. stop blaming blizzard for (gasp) poutting things in the game to do.

stop blaming other people for things that are your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie View Post

3) Casuals, those who RP and don't raid anything above normal and have multiple toons will probably feel like loads of content is on offer. They will be the type who do use the systems such as gear catchup, the honor upgrades, the rep gear, the covenant gear all that stuff. They will probably be out doing pet battles, achievements, collecting mogs all that kind of stuff. Plenty on offer for those who are not just going to skip the systems and fly ahead.

Idk why you clump up time limited people with role players and pet battlers? I am very time limited but all I care about is player power, which mmorpg's are essentially all about.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

Thank God for players like you who are able to let other players know what does or does not constitute meaningful content. It'd be a real shame if we had our own opinions about this shit.

You know it's gonna be an unpopular opinion when it's made by a 1 post burner account.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember now why I stopped coming to this site. People are always complaining about wow and it ruins the fun for me

What is content? Please... don't tell me there is nothing to do, there is.

I'll take expansions with "no content" like Shadowlands than expansions that have insane hefty grinds and boring systems upon systems attached to them like BfA.

Give me more time to play WoW in a more sandbox-style so I can choose what I want to do that given day rather than being railroaded to hell.

Greetings!

I know this will be unpopular since a lot of us are still in the honeymoon phase of a new expansion but ... out of all the expansions Shadowlands has the least launch date content yet.

Why? Even when not rushing but just considering the numbers I am out of things after 16 hours of playtime on level 60. Taking in another 12 hours of leveling that's about 25 hours of initial content that I have experienced on one character before I reach all the timegating limits. This is including the mythic dungeons, gearing up, torghast, all the campaign quests leading up to the limit, quite a few world quests and a bit pvp.

I remember having 26 hours on level 120 with BFA when I ran out of things before the timegating set in, legion was even bigger with over 40 hours (played a full week on level 110 before end of things).

I know what you might say now - play another character to experience another covenant, or it's your own fault because you rushed. Yes I rushed with three full days gaming but just looking at the numbers we have around 25 hours of content with Shadowlands that is kind of fresh before you reach the end. That is lame.

Seriously that is not much playtime for a 40 Euro expansion. We're talking about initial content here not the timegating content that sets in week after week and forces you to subscribe longer and longer which in return costs you money again. And even those 25 hours where stretched wherever possible with no mounts in the Maw, scarce flight points, no flight whistle etc.

I am bit disappointed at the moment - sure the dungeons are fun, the raiding will be fun but content wise? It's a bummer when also considering that a lot of content is used assets like Maldraxxus or Ardenweald.

Happy to hear your side of things or did I miss something?

Best wishes
    Thank you for the report, this is great news.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    To me the biggest issue is that there are still a few chores. Do three world quests? Bah! Go away. I can deal with Torghast but just let me raid and run dungeons, stop trying to make world content happen.
    Are you for real ? Three world quest takes less than 15 minutes to do. You can also get conduits or ressources from them. It's neither long nor mandatory to do so this is one of the weirdest complaints on this thread. You can even skip a day and still get the Callings bonuses the next day... Maybe you don't like world content and prefer to be in an instance, but a lot of people like to be in the world, run around and enjoy doing stuff out there.

Imo this expansion should at least have added a new class like necromancer or dark ranger. A new class adds a completely new experience to the game which I always liked.

Dont take the bail guys.
    Be feared, or be fuel