Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The state of trolls on this board.. pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    100% serious. 15 minutes is 15 minutes too long. 15 minutes a day is 90 hours a year of wasted time.
    Better cut down on that MMO-champion forum writing if 15mins are that precious to you

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    This is what we got. Less menial chores, more catchup, less forced content.
    i like it

9.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    ok i see whats wrong here

you dont understand how to function without a grind

we have fewer WQs but we also dont have "kill this easy mob get loot"

we have anima but its not a required grind

we have torghast but unlike islands theres no reason to spam

we have the maw but you have essentially a daily limit of time you can spend there

without scaling WQ gear theres less reason to grind

with fewer WQ theres less of a rep grind available

all of this adds up to you having shell shock compared to having to grind 24/7 in BfA with fear of falling behind
    i dont think this is the reason .

i think that main reason is how efficient some people become with this game.

for example where ordinary person takes around 15 hours to reach max level - they get there in 6 hours

where ordinary person spends 20-30 hours spamming normal then hc dungeons those people go straight into mythic 0 and are effectively done for that week. maaaybe they do couple of hc dungeons.

they ignore world content because WQ gear is crap

they only fast farm anima for renown and are done.

done and bored

while average player just start getting into hc dungeons they are done.

efficiency is what is killing wow for them .

they manage to get 2-3 toons leveled and pushed through mythic 0 when ordinary person doesnt even start mythic 0 on 1 toon .

you will see it in couple of week - plenty of threads "we have nothing to do " will pop up

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    100% serious. 15 minutes is 15 minutes too long. 15 minutes a day is 90 hours a year of wasted time.
    Then don't to the quests. World quests are not mandatory, they don't impact player power at all. You can get your anima/renown from other sources like dungeons, etc.

I agree.

I mean... it has 4 zones. They say the maw is a 5th zone, but cmon... it's probably not as big as Nazjatar. They make it look bigger cause they don't let you mount.

So, objectively it does have less. I am hoping this is cause we will have meatier patches.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-11-27 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I agree.

I mean... it has 4 zones. They saw the maw is a 5th zone, but cmon... it's probably not as big as Nazjatar. They make it look bigger cause they don't let you mount.

So, objectively it does have less. I am hoping this is cause we will have meatier patches.
    There no need to make huge and a lot of zones tbh. After few weeks it more like grind specific zones or fly from entrace to entrace :P

*that post is click bait. Fresh account 1 post.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    all of this adds up to you having shell shock compared to having to grind 24/7 in BfA with fear of falling behind
    There was never a point in bfa where I felt anything was a grind or felt behind on some arbitrary requirement you personally set. I only ever did content I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. You can run your 100 islands a week and hate them, I'll do my anywhere from weekly minimum up to 10 and enjoy them the whole time.
    So far every WQ are the exact ones I only ever did in bfa/legion if the rewards were or could be worth it. No WF/TF means gear ones were worthless on day 1, meanwhile in bfa I would have gone out to or (after flying) stopped by the kill this 1 rare because they were quick and easy regardless of its rewards.
    Less WQs means less options. In bfa I don't recall ever helping a turtle make it to the water other than once or twice on beta because I didn't like it but luckily there were the shells/maze/calligraphy ones I could wait for.
    Right now I have the 3 WQ in bastion calling but there are only 4 up for me, 1 is a pet battle and I know that waiting won't bring in anything that is less tedious.

If i have to complain about one thing so far that thing is THE MAW, i barely done a few daily there and already hate the zone, now, i did not keep up with beta and I assume they have other plans for the maw but if the zone will remain like it is now, then damn, it will not be enjoyable for me

There's a lot of content, but a lot of it is not tied to item progression, so raidloggers don't feel like they have to do much.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Declaron View Post
    Just remember folks, when you see the...

...followed by the...

...you know whats up.
    Considering you have been on here for over 7 years and you have 157 posts to your name....hey pot meet the black kettle.

I love the way it is right now. Barely anything is mandatory, there's a decent amount of optional grinds, and ever since WoD ended, WoW does not feel like work anymore. The grinds I have to do to raid mythic is minimal, and if I want to, I can farm other stuff on the side.

So, we should try to ratchet down the hyperbole with your claim. WoD at launch had PvP, raids, dungeons, and the garrison quests that were remarkably short. If we really wanted to put it in perspective, Cata at launch only had raids, instances, and PvP.

At launch, we have an average length questing experience through the expansion, dungeons, M+, raids, PvP, four unique covenant campaigns, WQs, boss rush, gardening, dinner party, build-a-bear, legendary acquisition, legendary creation process, mechagon-lite, and then to top it off we have a quality rogue-like game.

Okay, that's quantity. What about quality?

Well, the dungeons seem to be on par with previous expansions. M+ is looking to be good. Raid is soon so hard to say. All the covenant stuff is on-par with class hall stuff. We still need to see about covenant special features, WQs are what they are (some reused quests, others are mini- games), PvP is what it has always been in WoW, legendary acquisition and creation is far better than Legion (I will die on this hill lol, fuck RNG), mechagon-lite is hit or miss depending on who you are, and our rogue-like has been done pretty well and I'd argue might rival the Mage Tower. Then there's all the small features like the collections, pet battles, achievements, lore master, the standard affair stuff for every expansion which is hit or miss on a per-person basis. Not to mention the massive effort and time that went into character customization, the level and ilvl squish, the massive leveling revamp, and chrome time - all of which were massive efforts by the team.

There is plenty to do and SL easily rivals Legion and my suspicion is that it'll eventually offer more on the whole than Legion did. However, this is an MMO and they make their money off of time gating and keeping their players subbed. It's going to happen, not to mention that its entirely unreasonable to expect to be kept completely engaged every minute of the day.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    this amount of content is 100x more preferable than endless grind content. You can level alts and shit and not have to feel like youre losing progress on your main. This is how a game should feel

7+ Year Old Account
    It's certainly way early in the expansion, but, feels a lot like WoD did.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    It's certainly way early in the expansion, but, feels a lot like WoD did.
    no it doesn't. what did WoD have available at the start? nothing. you sat in your garrison and queued for heroics while waiting for the first raid to come out. Shadowlands has world quests, callings, mythic dungeons, Torghast etc - way, way more than WoD.

OP - get off your shitposter account and how about you post on your actual account, you fucking coward

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    no it doesn't. what did WoD have available at the start? nothing. you sat in your garrison and queued for heroics while waiting for the first raid to come out. Shadowlands has world quests, callings, mythic dungeons, Torghast etc - way, way more than WoD.
    Yes, for me it does. I'm already working on alts. That will only last so long. And then, like I did in WoD, I'll move on.
    (Subjective opinions are the worst!)

idk as a casual, I feel like it's more than BFA... i thought at first, oh this will be nice only daily in my covenant. Then I get quest to go do some in another covenant zone, on top of mine... then I got the Maw and yet more WQs.... The lack of mounts in the Maw is also horrible.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninix View Post
    MMOs are about repetition of tasks.
    I don't understand why you seem surprised that unique / one-shot contents are drought after a few dozens hours of playing in the FIRST 3 DAYS of a 1.5y-long expansion.
    Funny, i thought they were about story and content.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivaris View Post
    Greetings!

I know this will be unpopular since a lot of us are still in the honeymoon phase of a new expansion but ... out of all the expansions Shadowlands has the least launch date content yet.

Why? Even when not rushing but just considering the numbers I am out of things after 16 hours of playtime on level 60. Taking in another 12 hours of leveling that's about 25 hours of initial content that I have experienced on one character before I reach all the timegating limits. This is including the mythic dungeons, gearing up, torghast, all the campaign quests leading up to the limit, quite a few world quests and a bit pvp.

I remember having 26 hours on level 120 with BFA when I ran out of things before the timegating set in, legion was even bigger with over 40 hours (played a full week on level 110 before end of things).

I know what you might say now - play another character to experience another covenant, or it's your own fault because you rushed. Yes I rushed with three full days gaming but just looking at the numbers we have around 25 hours of content with Shadowlands that is kind of fresh before you reach the end. That is lame.

Seriously that is not much playtime for a 40 Euro expansion. We're talking about initial content here not the timegating content that sets in week after week and forces you to subscribe longer and longer which in return costs you money again. And even those 25 hours where stretched wherever possible with no mounts in the Maw, scarce flight points, no flight whistle etc.

I am bit disappointed at the moment - sure the dungeons are fun, the raiding will be fun but content wise? It's a bummer when also considering that a lot of content is used assets like Maldraxxus or Ardenweald.

Happy to hear your side of things or did I miss something?

Stay civil!

Best wishes
    Such guys, that constantly ask for more content, because they have nothing to grind and they can't just find goals for playing this game by themselves without gun barrel at back of their head - is major reason, why this game was ruined by mandatory infinite grind crap both in Legion and especially BFA. SL has some steps towards right direction. They're just not enough and there are no guarantees, that Blizzard won't change their mind later. We'll see, that so called "major content patch" will bring. If it will be good, may be I'll consider to return to this game. But current plan is not to buy SL at all, because BFA was just too bad even at the end of xpack, when game usually become much better. I'll buy SL and return to game, only if I'll have solid guarantees, that game will be good for whole xpack, not just a few months till some 9.2 patch, that will bring something like Argus 2.0.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2020-11-28 at 06:17 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.