Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do you shut off FOG/mist/smoke in TORGHAST tower???

The fog, mist, smoke, whatever it is called makes the zone FPS spike to the point it is not a enjoyable playing experience. This fog, mist, smoke no matter where it is in the game for YEARS causes these fps drops. The ziggeraut area in Ice Crown same thing, inside ICC first floor same thing. Why do designers add this fog, mist, smoke? It infuriates me that when designing this you did not consider how smoothly the zone would run. Please help us to turn off this feature or please remove it asap.

I have tried ALL spell density settings, all spell effect settings together. I have put everything on low and same problem.(For years)
    Use Haunted Locket. Put camera behind character on the ground. Depending on your system you will experience FPS drop as soon as the spell effect from that costume is viewed from that camera angle. If you lower the spell density enough you will not get the FPS drop as the game is not trying to use that spell effect anymore.

It seriously breaks my heart. Smooth game play>effects...always. Competition stops existing when the playing field isn't level.

tl;dr: How do you remove the fog, mist, smoke effect inside Torgast?(same effect inside ICC) It makes the experience impossible to enjoy and impossible to seriously compete with other players who happen to not be experiencing this graphical problem. And I really wonder who has never had this problem. This effect is everywhere in the game and has always caused major FPS spikes.(For me. What about you?)
    Last edited by Gratz; 2020-11-26 at 07:28 PM.

I have the same issue. Every location with fog/mist in it drops my fps by solid ~40 frames and makes my experience of the game suck big time. No idea how to fix it (except buying some hardware).

That sounds like you are running less than the minimum specs for the game if it chunks you that bad.

in the times of old, when there were no proper particle emitters people used to spawn smoke textures at a very fast rate in one place so that it looks like smoke
    it's a very very old openGL under-optimization, you can see it in quake engine also

try
    /console WeatherDensity 0
    , but don't expect much

p.s. guys, stop recommending to buy a new pc!
    this ain't cool
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2020-11-27 at 09:59 AM.
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

I had no problems in Torghast. My PC is average at best.
    It is a completly different story on my laptop, but that is to be expected as it does not live up to the minimum required.
    If this is a problem you've had for years then you should check if your hardware lives up to the minimum standard for running WoW.

Yeah, I admit that my system is on the lower end, however, I still get somewhat stable 70-85 fps when I'm outside of the fog.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    That sounds like you are running less than the minimum specs for the game if it chunks you that bad.
    if that fog is the only time they have issues its likely some kind of issue from the game that interacts weird with his pc,seen it happen often to many people,some people get affected some not,sometimes even lots of people,my pc in mop was pretty high tier but on figths like malkorok i was going very low,other people didnt have the issue

It's just mists make it so much worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, I'll try it today.

Trying turning off your SOUND and see if it fixes your FPS. WoW actually is pretty picky about sound settings and it can completely kill your FPS in strange places. Let me know if that works.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

You can try turning on RTX to get better performances, JK
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Thanks for tips and replies travelers. Will try the weather cvar command.

I really hope Blizzard fixes it. I know their are other people out there who want to solo/duo and have smooth game play. Didn't they have to fix the MoP pvp weapon illusion because it was causing problems?

Should note that I think the rest of the place looks beautiful, stunning even. Just give me option to kill the fog(everywhere).
    Last edited by Gratz; 2020-11-27 at 04:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    People in this forum when Blizzard raises sub fee by 1 AUD to adjust for exchange rate changes: THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! UNSUBBED!
    Also people in this forum when someone has subpar FPS because Blizz can't code: spend $2000 on a new config noob!
    Last edited by Zka; 2020-11-27 at 03:58 PM.

worst offender for me is the guy who drops the blue proto drake in Utgarde pinnacle...the fog drops my fps by like 30 when it covers half the hall, but had no problems in Torgast so far.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    People in this forum when Blizzard raises sub fee by 1 AUD to adjust for exchange rate changes: THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! UNSUBBED!
    Also people in this forum when someone has subpar FPS because Blizz can't code: spend $2000 on a new config noob!
    This is hilariously true.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

That particular fog effect is an object, not a spell of weather effect. Try meddling with the object settings instead.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    runs fine on my 3080
    Imagine being so poor that when questioned "how to turn on an effect" you flex with a 700 dollar thing. 700 dollars man, my fucking g master zoom lense costed three times that lol. And it's only a god damn piece full of glass.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing on a potato has that effect.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to get fog fps-smashing in legion caves and shit. then i replaced my 9600gt.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Imagine being so poor that when questioned "how to turn on an effect" you flex with a 700 dollar thing. 700 dollars man, my fucking g master zoom lense costed three times that lol. And it's only a god damn piece full of glass.
    whats the bench mark look like?