Kyrian & Val'kyr

Simply question for this thread: How do the Valk'kyr relate to the Kyrian? Don't they both ferry the dead to the Shadowlands? Where are the Val'kyr in Bastion?

When Odyn sacrificed his eye to see into the Shadowlands he saw the Kyrian and based the Val'kyr on them. Val'kyr bring Broken Isle souls to Halls of Valor as a small Death Realm, similar to Bwonsamdi and De Other Side.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Valkyr are Odyn's (and the LK) ripoff of the Kyrian as far as I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krowth View Post
    Valkyr are Odyn's (and the LK) ripoff of the Kyrian as far as I understand it.
    Funny how the "rip-off" is clearly superior to the original

Halls of Valor hurray

Other's have got it correct. Odyn sacrificed one of his eyes to Mueh'zala to be able to look into the Shadowlands. He saw the Kyrian and based the Val'kyr on that principle, empowering mortals to bring him their souls to serve in the Halls of Valor as Valajar.

Helya was the first Val'kyr, and eventually turned against Odyn and towards The Jailer, again Mueh'zala being involved there, bringing a bunch of other Val'kyr with her and creating the "Dark Val'kyr" which serve her and had been serving The Lich King in WotLK and Sylvanas after the events in Edge of Night.

Seeing as the Lich King was designed to become an agent of The Jailer on Azeroth, my guess is the "Dark Val'kyr" probably were passed from Helya, to the Lich King somehow.