Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its the other way around buddy,they were generous enough to make the game and give you the privilege to spend time and money on it,its THEIR game,THEIR vision,and you will play the way THEY intended it,its THEIR property not YOURS,if you disagree with their vision and intent,they arent forcing you to play

also wile i agree with you to some extent,the problem with flying is the cat is out of the bag,unless they remove flying this wont be fixed,they make amazing zones and they want you to experience them before you can just fly over them
    If I want to appreciate the zones ill go appreciate them. If I just want to finish my dailies after I get home from work, then I'm not going to care how pretty the fucking grass is.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post

They aren't going to stay on the ground when flying is available because doing that gimps them and makes things take longer. Nobody is going to stay on the ground when you can fly and get things done faster. So, no they can't play the way they want if flying is in the game.

So they don't want to do things slowly alone, they just want everyone else to have to do them slower with them? Fuck that for selfishness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Because when Blizz design content they have an idea of pacing, basically how long they want people to play each day and how many days they expect people to play to get the main rewards.

If flying is in the game they have to pace the game around it, so a player tackling content from the ground may only complete half or less of the content, meaning they will fall behind and may not be done with the content by the time the next part is released.

There's also the idea of "opportunity cost," even if doing something is more fun the slower way, the content is made less satisfying if you have to choose slower progress and force yourself to miss out on rewards. This is also why players complain when content is too easy instead of using weaker gear or removing their best spells from their bars.
    Eh, I've yet to see any content even last half the time it's out before the next patch hits. No-one is going to do content so slowly they're only part way through before the next part lands by using just a ground mount, even if flying is available.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If I want to appreciate the zones ill go appreciate them. If I just want to finish my dailies after I get home from work, then I'm not going to care how pretty the fucking grass is.
    Exactly this. Just tie exploration achievements to flying, job done. Once I've seen all the pretty zones, I don't really care about seeing them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Are we also going to call people stupid for pretending there can't be any catch-up mechanics for renown?

Pot. Kettle?
    I never said a damn word about catch-up one way or the other.

Don't try to twist this to something I never said. I get enough of that from Dhrizzle already.

blasphemy!!! you will look at the grass and you will like it! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Yeah, but what blizzard states isnt what some non-dev who likes tossing out insults at anyone who disagrees says.

Obviously, what the person who is not a blizzard rep says is what goes.
    I'm confused on what you are trying to say? Nothing you said relates to what I was talking about unless I am misunderstanding something or you misquoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Eh, I've yet to see any content even last half the time it's out before the next patch hits. No-one is going to do content so slowly they're only part way through before the next part lands by using just a ground mount, even if flying is available.
    You missed the point, you said that having flying in the game would make zero difference to players who don't want to use it. I was explaining that a tool like flying is so powerful that Blizz have to take it into account when designing the game so not using it would be majorly gimping their progression. If they didn't then most players would use flying, blast through the content too quickly and complain there was nothing left to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You missed the point, you said that having flying in the game would make zero difference to players who don't want to use it. I was explaining that a tool like flying is so powerful that Blizz have to take it into account when designing the game so not using it would be majorly gimping their progression. If they didn't then most players would use flying, blast through the content too quickly and complain there was nothing left to do.
    But that was my point, that happens already. Even if you used a ground mount to do all the content created with flying in mind, you'd still finish it with plenty of time before the next load of content came out.

But that was my point, that happens already. Even if you used a ground mount to do all the content created with flying in mind, you'd still finish it with plenty of time before the next load of content came out.
    That depends on how much free time you have, what you want to achieve in WoW, what other games and hobbies you have etc.

Really though there is no way you can argue that players on the ground can get through the content at the same pace as players who are flying. You either have to play longer each day or play for more days, either way it is dragging out the grind longer than it was designed to be.

So they don't want to do things slowly alone, they just want everyone else to have to do them slower with them? Fuck that for selfishness.
    It's not selfishness, it's called human nature. Nobody is going to stay on the ground when flying mounts are available as nobody is willingly going to gimp themselves. The only selfishness is those demanding flying immediately. Pathfidner is a good compromise. It just needs to be tweaked. Shadowlands is close to perfect on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    It's strange, I didn't notice this issue with my chopper or white hawkstrider.

It's almost as if they were ground only mounts and thus could not fly.

And that I had chosen to mount that on purpose for a various ammount of reasons

Strange.
    Or just don't use your flying mount.
    What if I like how a certain mount that flies looks? Like the Arcanist Manasaber or the Lucid Nightmare for example. In the post before the one you guys quoted I mentioned having to pay a fee like 100g to activate it. Is 100g really that much for you guys? Seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Ah, you could suggest to Blizzard to make "disable flying" option for RP purposes.
    Pretty sure it'd be trivially easy for them to implement, so it's probably good to ask.
    Not sure if a joke or not, but that's a good idea actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    What if I like how a certain mount that flies looks? Like the Arcanist Manasaber or the Lucid Nightmare for example. In the post before the one you guys quoted I mentioned having to pay a fee like 100g to activate it. Is 100g really that much for you guys? Seriously?
    Honestly 100g is nothing. MoP Flying was 2,500G at the time and if we account for inflation it should be more around 25K to fly if not higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Personally I think it would be pretty cool if you needed to double-jump to make your mount fly, similar to how the jetpacks work in Mechagon.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again, you are not "earning the same thing over and over again". Each expansion you are earning flying for that expansion. Once you unlock it, you never lose it. Never once did you have to reearn flying anywhere.
    I have to reearn the right to fly, it doesn't matter how you want to twist it we are forced to grind out the same reward every expansion. Level cap + some gold should be sufficient. It worked for years and was better than pathfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    I have to reearn the right to fly, it doesn't matter how you want to twist it we are forced to grind out the same reward every expansion. Level cap + some gold should be sufficient. It worked for years and was better than pathfinder.
    No you do not. Unlocking flying in a new zone does not = re-earning it and it's you who are twisting it. Yo9u can't re-earn something if you never had it. When you enter each expansion, you don't have the ability to fly in that land. Therefore, you can't re-earn it if you never had it. Everywhere you earned it, you keep it. And of course you think gold was better. You were handed flying for no effort simply because of the number next to your avatar. You in no way earned it. That is entitlement talking. Pathfinder is far superior since you get it by playing the game and actually earn it.

No you do not. Unlocking flying in a new zone does not = re-earning it and it's you who are twisting it. Yo9u can't re-earn something if you never had it. When you enter each expansion, you don't have the ability to fly in that land. Therefore, you can't re-earn it if you never had it. Everywhere you earned it, you keep it. And of course you think gold was better. You were handed flying for no effort simply because of the number next to your avatar. You in no way earned it. That is entitlement talking. Pathfinder is far superior since you get it by playing the game and actually earn it.

Do you have to "unlock in a new zone" any other abilities your character has already gained in the past? Spells or talents?

There's a strange divide between what Blizzard has set up in terms of player power and agency. Gear is something we simply accept that gets reset each major patch. But while talents and spells might change their utility and functionality from time to time, they're generally viewed as permanent parts of our characters.

I think the problem that's causing so much of the strife between players on the subject of flight is that it's honestly being given one of the worst forms of treatment out of any other ability or aspect of our characters. When gear is replaced each expansion or patch, it's often replaced with an upgraded version. New tier set abilities, azerite powers, different secondary stats and the way they function, or even completely new systems such as corruption.

Borrowed power systems like Legendaries or the HoA are less permanent, but are often new and different enough to warrant a great deal of interest and theory surrounding them. They offer completely new additions and gameplay to our character that weren't present before.

But mounts? Mounts(and by extension, flight) is one of those things many players think of as a fundamental aspect of their character. But it's taken away each new expansion, locked behind both a massive timegate AND a laundry list of tasks that doesn't leave anything current or significant to use it on afterwords. And flight literally has not changed in any noticeable fashion over the years, reinforcing the feeling of it being a fundamental part of a character.

I've tried so many different ways of approaching this issue over the years. But this is a new angle for people to consider. Talents change, and we lose borrowed power systems each expansion, but they're always replaced by something else of equal use or power. We upgrade gear all the time, but gear can constantly be used while we search for better versions. But mounts? Flying? It's literally just flipped off like a switch, and we're expected to put in a relatively large amount of of work to flip the switch back on, with nothing new or upgraded to show for it.

I think what Blizzard needs to consider is giving flight the same treatment as other systems. Give us a lesser version at the beginning of an expansion, or take it away entirely, but REPLACE it with something of similar functionality.

Simply taking something away from players and selling it back to them is a corrosive and repellant thing for many players. And both Blizzard and the people arguing for systems like Pathfinder need to understand that.

So easy to fool people... just rename a function, tweak it just a bit and suddenly it changes everything! Again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We could continue this argument going in a circle forever, we are clearly not going to be changing each others mind on this. I'll just bow out and end it here.

You only needed revered, not exalted, for Pathfinder.

- - - Updated - - -

So you admit you bot. You should be playing the game, not having a bot play the game for you. That is textbook lzainess.
    Ya I used to bot, questing is not fun nor hard - I play the game to have fun not do chores lol

I never got bfa flying because of the mechagon rep gain - I'm more likely to get flying if there's no rep grind.