Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Can we have a discussion about Torghast rewards / incentives?

I mean.. did they just forget to finish this part and are hoping to add to it later? Other than the maw mount at layer 8 (necessity), a toy, and a title. There is legitimately nothing to get in this tower. What is the incentive other than doing it for Soul ash? How can you sell a prominent feature of this expansion, and have no transmog rewards, no normal mounts, no gear, no cosmetic glyphs, A SINGLE PET, and call it a day? So basically like actually nothing? im totally confused who was in charge of this shamble of a reward system

Finishing the layers, seeing how far you can get should also be a reward on its own. Also there is plenty of stuff to get from Torghast. Ash, followers, memories, a pet, herbs, gold, achievements, progression, a questline.

Sure they could add a few things, maybe a achievement that gives a supercool mount. That would be nice. But calling it "a shamble of a reward system" is just completely hyperbolic. Especially with a title called "the patient".

15+ Year Old Account
    They haven't even fully released it yet and you're complaining about no rewards?

you know what..Torgast is fun for me but I like Roguelikes. I mean it can give me the crappiest gray cloak at the end and I might still play it every week cause (This may seem shocking) I actually ENJOY IT.

You know a challenge can be its own reward right? People loved Mage Towers and the only thing you got from them was a weapon appearance.

Yet again the developers failed to consult every individual WoW player to ensure that the game is tailor fit for only their specific needs.

Truly unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    I mean.. did they just forget to finish this part and are hoping to add to it later? Other than the maw mount at layer 8 (necessity), a toy, and a title. There is legitimately nothing to get in this tower. What is the incentive other than doing it for Soul ash? How can you sell a prominent feature of this expansion, and have no transmog rewards, no normal mounts, no gear, no cosmetic glyphs, A SINGLE PET, and call it a day? So basically like actually nothing? im totally confused who was in charge of this shamble of a reward system
    Lmao this website man. "Other than this thing, another thing, one more thing, and this other thing that gives you literal fucking legendaries, it drops literally nothing". Go outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    What is the incentive other than doing it for Soul ash?
    LOL - you mean 'other than' the required crafting reagent for one of the cornerstone features (legendary's) of the expansion? That IS all the reward we need.

Sorry but not everyone needs a stupid cosmetic glyth or battle pet to think content is worth doing.

It is true tho that after all they could have more gladiator mount systems. What stopped them from allowing players to do visions with 10 masks in 8.3, rewarding an awakened mindborer mount maybe in full black skin?
    I will never understand this - then again the game is not made for the top 0.1%. no surprise

Technically there's a whole transmog gear set through the legendary system.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317573/...-dressing-room

You can only equip one legendary at a time but eventually you'll be able to make a whole set to use for transmog.

But I agree, there could've been more. How many pets/mounts did expeditions have?
    I'm a thread killer.

I'm really hoping they get back on the idea of an endless mode that would exist solely for cosmetic rewards/achievements/fun. 6 floors is perfect to do your required runs for the week. I'd just like to see a reasonably good reason to keep going back in.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "all content must have a significant reward' notion has likely done as much damage to the game as anything. Why? Design some junk content and put a decent reward on it.

Since I've stopped raiding the only thing I care about in the game is doing stuff I enjoy. Playing the game because you enjoy playing the game seems reasonable. It certainly beats hate-playing the game to squeeze every last drop of efficiency out of it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It's fun, but it's also pointless and a waste of time.

Why would I spend 40 minutes doing nothing in Torghast when I could be farming for the 8309390 Elethium Ingots I'll need to get rank 4 Shadowghast Crafting unlocked?

Outside of the Soul Ash, there seems to be no point. It's fun, but fun for the sake of fun in a game like WoW doesn't hold water for long.

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    It's fun, but it's also pointless and a waste of time.

Why would I spend 40 minutes doing nothing in Torghast when I could be farming for the 8309390 Elethium Ingots I'll need to get rank 4 Shadowghast Crafting unlocked?

Outside of the Soul Ash, there seems to be no point. It's fun, but fun for the sake of fun in a game like WoW doesn't hold water for long.
    Why would I play Persona 5 for like 200 hours when I could instead be working 7 days of Overtime?

amazing how that works right?

wish it gave anima
    hey

10+ Year Old Account
    I called it, when they announced Torghast,and I'm not afraid to say it again, now it have been confirmed: Torghast as a key feature is a failure..

It's getting old, already in the first week.. By v9.1 people will hate it more than Timeless Isle and WoD combined.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you considered fun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I called it, when they announced Torghast,and I'm not afraid to say it again, now it have been confirmed: Torghast as a key feature is a failure..

It's getting old, already in the first week.. By v9.1 people will hate it more than Timeless Isle and WoD combined.
    The problem is it's actually fun to do, but there isn't any incentive to do it repeatedly. Which can be seen as a good thing, you don't have to log in every day to do it, just every week.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    I'm pretty goddamn jaded, but I hope I'm never this jaded. Fun is the point. We're playing a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is it with people and needing incentives to do shit? You can cap your Soul Ash weekly, then you dont have to do it -at all- until next reset. If you don't feel like doing after you've capped - then dont, simple as that. You should do stuff because you want to, not because theres something ''tempting'' you to go do it, even if you dont actually wanna do it.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar