• It's Shit

181 22.94%
  • It's lit

608 77.06%
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Well we already know why, which was the customization revamp. You know what would be crazy though and this may be asking for too much, but what if they introduced Dark Ranger during one of the patches? Like, perhaps after Sylvanas is dealt with in whatever way that may be and following that she finally gives the ability to create Dark Rangers to the Horde and Alliance. That would not only be super unexpected but would also extend the life of the expansion. Think about it, if we waited until 9.2 or 9.3 for the Dark Ranger, that would have pushed back the amount of time people have to play with it by like a year maybe? That would be brilliant to combat content drought, from my perspective.

By the way, if they add Dark Rangers I doubt we'll ever see Necromancers. You mentioned at one point Shadowlands feels like the second nail in the coffin for Necromancers, well the Dark Ranger would be the final nail in the coffin. And I personally think DR would be better than Necro. Furthermore, with Black Arrow certainly going to DR in this hypothetical scenario, they would have to fulfill the "skeleton army" archetype that Necros are often pictured as filling. I, for one, would love to see this happen.
    Yeah, I don't see them adding a class mid-expansion. At this point, the only way I see Dark Rangers entering WoW as a class is if the next expansion somehow deals with death, Sylvanas, and the forsaken again, which I just don't see happening. This expansion is clearly going to be dealing with Sylvanas, Nathanos, Death, and a general shake up of Forsaken leadership.

In other words, a perfect expansion to release Dark Rangers into if you ever planned to introduce a DR class, which leads me to believe that they have no plan to ever release such a class into the game. So yeah, while I think Shadowlands was a nail in the coffin for Necromancers, it was a nail in the coffin for Dark Rangers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    What are the caps for those? I just got my first 120 soul ash.
    You currently gain about 850 Soul Ash (or something like that) per week by completing the highest layer available which is 3 for each of the two types available. They change every week. We have Soulforgers and Upper Reaches this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling was OK. The maldraxxus intro with war mode on was very fun. Ardenweald was boring but impressive looking. PvP gearing is great for the first time since WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Really dumb for them not to bring in a Necromancer or Dark Ranger class into this expansion. Those two classes completely fit the theme, especially with Sylvanas and the Lich King playing prominent roles. Zero reason for them not to be introduced here.
    Like I said on the other treat, probably too bothersome with the whole unpruning, BfA class design, especially during Beta being notoriously unpopular and customization options. For me this kinda reeks like WoD and how we got nothing there due to the new character models. Though I would have hoped that we would have gotten a little bit more in terms of class design instead. Like getting DK presences back and making Frost DK a bit more engaging...and balancing 2h and DW. Or reverting melee survival hunters. Because no matter what Blizz does, the spec will never work out when there is no reason to bring a melee hunter over two of the most mobile ranged specs in the game. And seriously, why the hell does Warlock still not get undead summon glyphs with this expansion?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Maw area is probably the worst part of the expansion, but it's not nearly as doom and gloom as some figureheads in the community were claiming it was going to be. With tweaks, it could certainly be transformed into a way better experience. If you truly don't like the area, you really don't have to spend that much time in it.

The above statement kind of rings through with the majority of the expansions design too. Most of the content isn't necessary or tied to power, and the power systems that are tied to power are based on weekly lockouts so you can put aside time whenever you want through the week to get those necessary boxes ticked off.

Shadowlands is basically BFA/Legion, but with caps in place and a 'goal' to hit for each and every week. You don't need to grind artifact power beyond what's asked for you to obtain each week (which is pretty easy to obtain if you play the game in any capacity at all), nor do you have to do dailies or 'callings' (emissaries) if you don't want too. Callings are mostly for reputation and a hefty amount of gold through vendor trash. It's there if you want them, but unless I'm missing something, you don't really have to do them.

The only thing that's kind of hefty the first week is how much Torghast you have to do. However, once you've cleared layers you can just do the highest layer available to you and get all the 'power' rewards tied to the previous tiers all at once, while only stepping foot into it once. This seems like a far better compromise to Island Expeditions in BFA considering you can just do it whenever you want, and you can do it solo if you like.

leveling was pretty boring 50% of "follow me hero" zZzZZZZ

but besides that? i enjoy the classes and the dungeons .. a good change after classic r14 and grinding stuff for the past months.

Gonne keep doing m+ since i like dungeons until nax release but its way better then expected

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatu View Post
    Its lit , but crafting covenant, and world quest gear is painfully useless. Pvp honor gear falls in the same boat too. Will be so quickly obsoleted when you cannot max it out prior to weeks in.
    PVP Honor gear will get you to 171 very quickly.

Best expansion in a long time, possibly S Tier.

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    the fact that I don't need to do like 50 world quest is already better then bfa,I just hope blizzard keep it this way and don't introduce stuff like the stupid ap grind and essence
    You never needed to do 50 WQs, let alone a single one. I stopped doing world quests (and obviously emissaries) in like 2-3 months of bfa and didn't do any of it till they introduced pathfinder, rushed PF in 13 days and stopped doing WQs again.

But then again for entire BfA you could completely ignore every single WQ and still keep up with curve. Can't do that now.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, I don't see them adding a class mid-expansion. At this point, the only way I see Dark Rangers entering WoW as a class is if the next expansion somehow deals with death, Sylvanas, and the forsaken again, which I just don't see happening. This expansion is clearly going to be dealing with Sylvanas, Nathanos, Death, and a general shake up of Forsaken leadership.

In other words, a perfect expansion to release Dark Rangers into if you ever planned to introduce a DR class, which leads me to believe that they have no plan to ever release such a class into the game. So yeah, while I think Shadowlands was a nail in the coffin for Necromancers, it was a nail in the coffin for Dark Rangers as well.
    True. It would probably be better as a class skin anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    That's fair, though as someone who hasn't bought it yet I still am interested in early impressions. Overall this thread makes it sound like waiting is the better option. Maybe next xpac.
    I like it but i don't see the point of your thread. You are 3 posts in, poll up that tells differently, people say it's good at the start but maybe wait and see how it ages and your conclusion is "oh, I will wait for next expansion". You either really never intended to play it or expected only "it's amazing" opinions to try it, which you will NEVER find on this site. Could have waited at least 2 pages of comments before making the rest 10 pages useless.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You never needed to do 50 WQs, let alone a single one. I stopped doing world quests (and obviously emissaries) in like 2-3 months of bfa and didn't do any of it till they introduced pathfinder, rushed PF in 13 days and stopped doing WQs again.

But then again for entire BfA you could completely ignore every single WQ and still keep up with curve. Can't do that now.
    ignore every single WQ and still keep up with curve? you are I remember bfa realy differently

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I like it but i don't see the point of your thread. You are 3 posts in, poll up that tells differently, people say it's good at the start but maybe wait and see how it ages and your conclusion is "oh, I will wait for next expansion". You either really never intended to play it or expected only "it's amazing" opinions to try it, which you will NEVER find on this site. Could have waited at least 2 pages of comments before making the rest 10 pages useless.
    It's not my thread. Who cares what you see or don't see? You geniuses seem to think people make decisions in a vacuum, like I came into this thread with no opinion or previous information. What I needed, I'd already seen. What is relevant is what people are saying and who is saying it, not how many people are saying it or what the overall consensus is. I didn't even realize there was a poll until yesterday.
    Last edited by Zaktar; 2020-11-27 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    For the people like myself, who aren't playing it. Is it any good?
    It's OK. I haven't seen anything awesome about and still debatable if it's better than BFA. They did take several things I didn't like BFA and made it even worse in SL. I really didn't like the disconnected Islands in BFA and now they made every zone an Island. I don't like maps that make navigation feel like a maze game and Bastion and Revendreth just feel burdensome to travel around on.

But you might find those things awesome. So always hard to say.

Hit max earlier today. The high point so far is the environments themselves. They're all fantastic, and probably the best work this team has ever put in. Revendreth is like nothing else in the game.

As for the rest... people are going to grow to hate this expansion once that new car shine wears off, unless the raiding is top shelf. Dungeons so far are somewhere between 'eh' and flat out annoying to me from what I've seen so far. Covenants are a nice twist on class halls, but these are all just grinds with different currencies.

Still need to check out an actual run through Torghast.

Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    Almost finished the second zone and my group of friends are finding it hard to keep going. It’s really difficult to find what is truly the problem but we’re all feeling it. Just super boring, which is strange because I had just leveled a new character in preparation and had a blast in all the old zones.
    i have the same feeling and i really can't explain it either.

It's Legion but with the Jailor instead of Sargeras. Which is not terrible but it's not really that much different. Still the same gated thing where you can't complete your campaign or upgrade some things until an X number of weeks have passed....people gave amazing feedback on the beta saying there's soooo much stuff to do, i can only assume that they were NOT time-gating anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I didn't buy SL and have stopped playing, but I suspect the big complaint will be that WoW is boring without loot showers. Drops are going to be rare at endgame. Players haven't gotten that far yet.
    If a game is boring without a carrot, it's boring. Pulling a lever once evert 10 seconds is boring. It doesn't suddenly get less boring because some smoothbrain person gets a thrill from knowing there's a random chance it will give them money. The act itself is still boring. It's other things associated with the act that may or may not be.

Point is: don't play games that amount to pulling a lever. Play something that is in-and-of-itself actually fun to do.

I am enjoying it.

However, them fucking timegates though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not bad but WoW hasn't been pushed by competitor to innovate in years and it's starting to show I think..

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    ignore every single WQ and still keep up with curve? you are I remember bfa realy differently
    There is nothing to remember as BfA ended just recently. I got two cutting edges, keystone master every single season and some neat rio score at season level 2.

To put this into perspective, aside from first two months and two weeks into pathfinder:
    - I did at most 4 world quests a month.
    - And during entire BfA lifespan 3 island expeditions a month.
    - 15 table missions a month
    - 3-4 M+ a week (on average)
    - 1 entire raid a week.
    - 10 warfronts for ENTIRE BfA

So yes you definitely could ignore world quests.