Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So looking back last 5 years we all know that the horde has largely decimated alliance in population. But Shadowlands launch truly shows just how bad and dire the situation is now.

Only a SINGLE, O N E , alliance realm globally from what I could gather going through Twitter-Blizzard-tech-rep and blue posts had any queue time or connection issues, and that was Silvermoon EU.

I fear the day I haft to move from Ravencrest to Silvermoon, cause Ravencrest will also die out. Its gonna bloody happen with the way things are going. I had hoped I found a stable and true-high pop realm back in WOD else...Now I see only Silvermoon is true high-pop, the way an MMO should be played.

It's time to be RADICAL BLIZZARD. Give alliance major bonuses like War mode 100%, racials so good it's broken (BUT disable them in raids, pvp etc)...Anything to keep the population alive. Or at the very least offer free migrations once every 2nd year or so.

If you look at the total population then the the factions are quite balanced, but it is skewed at the top, but the top is very tiny.
    The number of subs that Blizzard loses from people like you is tiny compared to the number of subs Blizzard would lose if factions were removed as faction rivalry/identity are a huge part of the draw for casual players.

And the casual players who are the vast majority don't give a flying fuck about faction balance. On my shit server there are plenty of normal and heroic alliance guilds, whereas us that do mythic raiding have a problem, but we are a minority.

So use a fraction of your 50 million+ gold to transfer to Silvermoon.

for open PVP they have to introduce covenant war in 9.1 that will totally shift the horde/alliance imbalance and could really be a great feature

Give alliance major bonuses like War mode 100%, racials so good it's broken (BUT disable them in raids, pvp etc)...
    So it's just another thread where allys whining a lot and want more free stuff?

ppl want play horde. That's all.

Alliance already get 30%extra which is huge.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    So it's just another thread where allys whining a lot and want more free stuff?

ppl want play horde. That's all.
    uhm no,its nothing about people wanting to play horde,its the strong racials that made the top guilds swap and everyone else just followed them,and wile racials have seen some nerfs for horde,there isnt much insentive to go back when horde is a much better population now

aliance was always more popular in the past when racials didnt matter as much,besides wrath when every man was op in pvp for humans,even in vanila when shamans were clearly better than paladins,aliance still was more popular

even in a guild that's raiding at a relatively-casual-CE level it makes recruiting markedly more difficult; our server is alliance dominated and has a plenty healthy population, but asking people to transfer+faction change will always be a tough sell.

if they don't want to get rid of factions entirely there really just needs to be a 'mercenary mode' a la pvp, at least for cross-server activities

Quote Originally Posted by TyloBedo View Post
    I really want to play alliance but all my friends play horde. If they allowed cross play I would definitely swap to alliance.
    I know a lot of people with this problem too

So looking back last 5 years we all know that the horde has largely decimated alliance in population. But Shadowlands launch truly shows just how bad and dire the situation is now.

Only a SINGLE, O N E , alliance realm globally from what I could gather going through Twitter-Blizzard-tech-rep and blue posts had any queue time or connection issues, and that was Silvermoon EU.

I fear the day I haft to move from Ravencrest to Silvermoon, cause Ravencrest will also die out. Its gonna bloody happen with the way things are going. I had hoped I found a stable and true-high pop realm back in WOD else...Now I see only Silvermoon is true high-pop, the way an MMO should be played.

It's time to be RADICAL BLIZZARD. Give alliance major bonuses like War mode 100%, racials so good it's broken (BUT disable them in raids, pvp etc)...Anything to keep the population alive. Or at the very least offer free migrations once every 2nd year or so.
    Alliance literally has the better war mode bonus all the time. Their pvp quests tend to be way easier too. Not sure what other incentive there really could be.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    My guess is they are doing nothing about it because they are preparing to remove factions as we know it in the future instead of horde/alliance, you will have system like covenants, and PvP will resolve around them fighting each other (but both horde and alliance can join either) while pve will be one big family.
    They planted their flag and and will die on the hill of a two faction war system, which is, far more nuanced than dumb but as I am dumb its as far as I can descibe themselves creatively shooting themselves in the foot, neutral factions, faction storylines, changing sides, races not following the same ideals etc, all wasted potential.

I am sorry I cannot give a link but it was stated that wow is and will continue to be a two faction game.

I never understood the argument that 'it only matters to the top end so its not a big deal', there's what like 100 people in challenger of lol on any given server but riot makes changes specifically to/for challenger all the time.
    If combat racials are a small enough deal that they "only affect the 0.000000000001%" or whatever then changing them (or removing them) would have by your own admission zero impact on johnny casual's experience (if he even knows they exist), so how is "but muh majority" even an argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    No thanks. It'll just become the opposite problem at that point.
    Let's be fair it took the horde a decade to snowball to this point, there's nothing to suggest even if blizzard 100% reversed the racial problem (which they wouldn't) would correct overnight (if at all).

The problem blizzard has is they've pinned themselves via inaction. They clearly don't want racials to be a big deal in combat, almost every change they make to racials is to reduce their impact on combat. But at the same time by not ever buffing the alliance racials is how we got here.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

A faction merge would require reworking the game from the ground up. So much stuff would make no fucking sense. Not just systems but quests, locations, storylines. Its never gonna happen.

It won’t happen. The game will die in this life.

The only reason they shifted focus to the horde so heavily in TBC during the classic era was because such things were vital.

It was before xrealm, even before arenas and then things like allowing same faction BGs, etc.

With all that tech in place, alliance players though much smaller than horde can still reasonably play, that’s the bottom line.

It doesn’t matter if on the end game the horde is 80% to alliance 20%,

Hey are fine with the alliance being the casual faction and forcing you a faction swap if you want to raid on the horde.

Frankly I don’t care at this point, but they don’t either. You can still play and it’s easy to level a horde toon up if you want the greater access. And you can pay if you are attached to your characters achievements and gear.

It’s not hopeless like it was in 2006 and I don’t feel the devs want to pay attention to boring alliance. They’ve settled on the horde.

You are more likely to get alliance races playable on the horde or mixed faction building via communities to do content than you are an alliance push similar to the one they gave the horde from TBC onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    My guess is they are doing nothing about it because they are preparing to remove factions
    no, they are doing nothing about it bcs there is nothing to be done...
    if there is even 0.01% advantage to a faction top players (and metaidiots) will flock that faction, so only possible action would be remove racials completely, which is tbh stupid, and would not realy lead to balancing, it would lead to leaving it as it is...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    All that's keeping them from balancing stuff is greed.
    If they wanted they could create progressively scaling discounts for faction or server transfers, depending on the target realm's faction balance and it'd quickly resolve itself.
    Likewise an increase in price for changing to an already overweighted faction could help.
    Think of bonusses ranging from 100% discount for switching to the worst balanced shite, to 0% discount for perfect balance, to 150% increase when trying to move ti the overweighted side.
    so people are changing factions bcs one is "better" but they would change back if its cheaper? eh... what?

God, that sucks that we didn't have enough connection issues. On Sargeras-US (Alliance dominated realm), it only took two hours for me to get into the game, and we had only two days of input lag compared to the Horde giants.

...Let's be real. The split is like 60-40 in favor of Horde. Not 90-10. The fact that the top 100 guilds are mostly Horde doesn't mean you can't play Alliance. Blizzard can fix things like PVP imbalance with solutions like allowing players of both factions to Merc and join random teams, or allowing cross-faction play in dungeons and raids below Mythic difficulty. There's no need to make the Alliance overpowered again. That happened in WoD, and all it did was make everyone switch to Alliance while the Horde complained about imbalance instead.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    Really? Tell that to the roving kill squads of alliance I've seen in War Mode.
    Well yea they have to do that to be able to kill anybody when otherwise they would be outnumbered. It's like "I'm sick of all the horde let's make a group and gank."
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    If you don't warmode, and you're not top 100, no one gives a f...

For the rest, well, you made your bed, now you get to lie in it.
    it matters a lot outside of top 100, the amount of guilds and groups as alliance is much lower and low end Mythic and Heroic guilds are switching to Horde constantly because of recruitment problems that are lessened on Horde.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    A faction merge would require reworking the game from the ground up. So much stuff would make no fucking sense. Not just systems but quests, locations, storylines. Its never gonna happen.
    Not really, just make people select a faction to represent during question. Like Pandaran have to, and what the Covenants essentially ask people to do already.

They can then introduce even more factions and write better stories as time goes along. It could've meant that the Blood Elves could've rejoined the Alliance in MoP, the Night Elves leave the Alliance at the end of BFA and the Forsaken split off from the Horde, etc... . For faction raid specific encounters, they can just put the raids on a rotation. Week one, Alliance perspective, week two, Horde, etc...

All without impacting people's ability to play together.

Quote Originally Posted by TerrisT View Post
    There is absolutely no "faction imbalance" problem.

There is a huge low /medium pop servers problem, due to the corporate greed of blizzard who refuses to:
    1) forcefully merge low pop servers together
    2) make server transfer much cheaper (like 5 $ per character)

I'm pretty certain that blizzard lost alot of people over the years due to this problem.
    Agreed, that is also a major problem. Would love if they would close 80% of realms, but that wont happen. As you can see in this thread some people dont even think faction merge will come - While others even wanna play alliance, but their friends dont want to.

By now hord is the easy mode faction. I tried for instance hord out in wow classic and ROFL its true - Everything was just so much easier...Farming AV wins with 100% win rate, aka grinding exalted with no losses...Everything was a breeze.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how populations are looking server to server and region to region. But the server lock for mythic raiding has always baffled me. The fact that racials have never had equivalents on opposite faction has always baffled me. It's as if blizzard wants people to server hop to play competitively. It's as if blizzard is ok for people to faction swap to a racial with more utility regarding movement, ������

Just combine the factions boom no more faction problem its still warcraft as we war basically any threat so that argument is invalid