Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Void Elf Warriors do, which is exactly what those Riftrunners are.
    What you just did is the exact same thing as me saying "just make a mechagnome hunter with a robot pet" for your tinker.

Lore can also be flavor text.
    It's still canon lore. It's not "flavor text" that you can dismiss just because it doesn't agree with you.

Yes, because profession tech is created by an amateur hobbyist. Obviously the tech of Blackfuse, Mekkatorque, or the Lightforged doesn't fail or misfire.
    Really? Everyone is an "amateur hobbyist" except for Blackfuse, Mekkatorque and the lightforged draenei? Because tech created by the NPCs also fail.

Which is exactly my point.
    Your point is invalid because there is a reason for that. Keeping the balance of nature, for one.

You're a bit confused here.
    Me not accepting your arbitrary rules does not mean I'm confused. There is no such thing as "ownership" of concepts. Any and all fire spells don't automatically go to the fire mage. Any and all frost magic don't automatically go to the frost mage. Any and all demon abilities don't automatically go to the warlock. Any and all holy abilities don't go automatically to the paladin. Etc, etc.

Uh what? I'm saying that in an expansion about the realm of death, any class that has death as a theme fits this expansion, hence why Death Knights are getting so much attention. What the heck are you talking about?
    The simple fact you don't understand what I wrote (or at least you CLAIM you don't) is proof enough you don't give much thought to anything other than your own beloved class concept. To add a class in Shadowlands means making that particular class lore-relevant through most of the expansion, and that would mean said class' group making outposts through the new zones (like it was with the Knights of the Ebon blade throughout Northrend, the Shado-Pan throughout Pandaria, and the Illidari throughout the Broken Isles).

And since, lore-wise, the only ones to cross into the Shadowlands are the faction leaders kidnapped, the player character, and the Knights of the Ebon Blade through Bolvar, because Blizzard opted to put the death knights in the spotlight by intrinsically linking them to the story through the Helm of Domination, that means there's no way for any group to make outposts in the Shadowlands. Which is likely why no class was chosen for this expansion.

You ever stop to think that people actually LIKE Gnomes and Goblins, but don't play them because they can't find a class that fits them? I'm one of those people.
    I know such people exist. I just don't delude myself into thinking those people are in the majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    I don't think it's fair to say "they're just in denial" I think most people know that gameplay wise a Necromancer overlaps heavily in terms of gameplay archetype with Warlocks and Death Knights (Summoning, DoT's, curses, ect) but a Necromancer and a Warlock do have different thematics despite both being dark spellcasters and a DK/Necromancer difference can be seen as similar to Paladin/Priest difference, plenty of people who ask for Necromancer do suggest ways they can be differentiated without just being a Warlock in a Death Knight skin.
    That's the thing; It isn't similar to Paladin/Priest difference because Priests are using an entirely different magical school than the Paladin class, and it consumes about 50% of their class. The other part of the denial is that people can't seem to get it through their heads that Blizzard has no issue with the concept of a melee Necromancer, so the DK being melee or ranged isn't something that Blizzard considers a difference. In fact, the difference between a Death Knight and a ranged Necromancer is probably more like the difference between an Enhance and Elemental Shaman.

Dark Rangers are strictly speaking just Hunters with a handful of unique abilities, they almost certainly couldn't exist as a class on their own due to lacking enough substance in terms of concept, but putting your Hunter in a dark themed transmog and having an undead pet doesn't nessessarily capture the feeling that a dark ranger inspires.
    Well in all honesty, any Forsaken Hunter is a Dark Ranger per lore. Nathanos for example is a Dark Ranger, but he's also just a Forsaken Hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    What you just did is the exact same thing as me saying "just make a mechagnome hunter with a robot pet" for your tinker.
    You said that Warriors don't use Void Magic. I'm saying that Void Elf warriors use Void magic, so your statement is false.

It's still canon lore. It's not "flavor text" that you can dismiss just because it doesn't agree with you.
    It's flavor text because it doesn't affect gameplay. That's my point.

Really? Everyone is an "amateur hobbyist" except for Blackfuse, Mekkatorque and the lightforged draenei? Because tech created by the NPCs also fail.
    That's a straw man. I didn't say EVERYONE. I said profession engineers.

Your point is invalid because there is a reason for that. Keeping the balance of nature, for one.
    Like I said, flavor text that doesn't affect gameplay.

Me not accepting your arbitrary rules does not mean I'm confused. There is no such thing as "ownership" of concepts. Any and all fire spells don't automatically go to the fire mage. Any and all frost magic don't automatically go to the frost mage. Any and all demon abilities don't automatically go to the warlock. Any and all holy abilities don't go automatically to the paladin. Etc, etc.
    Not the point. The point is that Shaman, Warlocks, and Mages are fundamentally different from each other. Death Knights and Necromancers are not.

The simple fact you don't understand what I wrote (or at least you CLAIM you don't) is proof enough you don't give much thought to anything other than your own beloved class concept. To add a class in Shadowlands means making that particular class lore-relevant through most of the expansion, and that would mean said class' group making outposts through the new zones (like it was with the Knights of the Ebon blade throughout Northrend, the Shado-Pan throughout Pandaria, and the Illidari throughout the Broken Isles).
    So you're saying that Necromancers from Azeroth couldn't set up outposts in the Shadowlands considering their knowledge of death?

And since, lore-wise, the only ones to cross into the Shadowlands are the faction leaders kidnapped, the player character, and the Knights of the Ebon Blade through Bolvar, because Blizzard opted to put the death knights in the spotlight by intrinsically linking them to the story through the Helm of Domination, that means there's no way for any group to make outposts in the Shadowlands. Which is likely why no class was chosen for this expansion.
    Again, so you're saying there's no way for Bolvar to simply send in a group of elite Necromancers into the Shadowlands before anyone else? There are Necromancers who work with the Lich King you know.

Yeah, whoever made that poll screwed up when they made it multiple choice. Anyway, the point stands; The forum isn't biased simply because it produces a result you dislike.

You said that Warriors don't use Void Magic. I'm saying that Void Elf warriors use Void magic, so your statement is false.
    And warriors don't use void magic, period. Regardless of class. You're being incredibly dishonest because you're using resources outside of the class to claim the class uses void magic. That is no different from saying paladins can use shadow magic because the Venthir ability grants them the ability. Or even better: "get the engineering profession and you have your tinker".

Not to mention your argument also nullifies the paladin class, if you're going to say that void elf warriors use void magic therefore to play a void class you just have to make a "void elf warrior". Want to play as a paladin? Just play a draenei or lightforged draenei warrior, and your warrior will use holy magic, making your warrior into a paladin.

It's flavor text because it doesn't affect gameplay. That's my point.
    The engineering profession begs to differ. Its misfires and malfunctions DEFINITELY affect gameplay.

That's a straw man. I didn't say EVERYONE. I said profession engineers.
    It's not a strawman, because, as I pointed out, the technology created by NPCs also fail and explode.

Not the point. The point is that Shaman, Warlocks, and Mages are fundamentally different from each other. Death Knights and Necromancers are not.
    And I've already explained to you that this is irrelevant. Death knights and necromancers are also fundamentally different from one-another, despite both using necromancy, just like paladins and priests are fundamentally different from one-another, despite both being pious and usie holy magic. And, again, a class having one, two or three abilities of a certain type does not give them "ownership" over that type of ability. By that logic, no class should ever have physical damage abilities because that's the "ownership" of the warrior. No class should have fire magic because that is the "ownership" of the mage. Etc, etc.

So you're saying that Necromancers from Azeroth couldn't set up outposts in the Shadowlands considering their knowledge of death?
    Teriz, for the love of what you hold holy, think before you post. Do you see death knight outposts... or any Azerothian outposts in Bastion, Ardenweald, Maldraxxus or Revendreth? No? And you know why? Because passage to the Shadowlands is restricted. There isn't a huge Azerothian party marching into the Shadowlands. Outside of Ouribos, your character is completely alone.

Again, so you're saying there's no way for Bolvar to simply send in a group of elite Necromancers into the Shadowlands before anyone else? There are Necromancers who work with the Lich King you know.
    ... Have you actually played the Shadowlands intro? Like, at all?

Yeah, whoever made that poll screwed up when they made it multiple choice.
    Why?

Anyway, the point stands; The forum isn't biased simply because it produces a result you dislike.
    It has nothing to do with me disliking. It is about going contrary to another poll that has a much greater sample size.

10+ Year Old Account
    And warriors don't use void magic, period. Regardless of class. You're being incredibly dishonest because you're using resources outside of the class to claim the class uses void magic. That is no different from saying paladins can use shadow magic because the Venthir ability grants them the ability. Or even better: "get the engineering profession and you have your tinker".
    Who is to say that a Void Elf Warrior isn't a Riftblade (or whatever they're called)? That would be no different than Draenei Paladins being called Vindicators, and Blood Elf Paladins being called Blood knights.

The Tinker has a very specific set of abilities that aren't found in engineering, so yeah not really the same case here. For all we know, "Riftblade" is just a title for a Void Elf Warrior.

The engineering profession begs to differ. Its misfires and malfunctions DEFINITELY affect gameplay.
    Engineering isn't a class.

It's not a strawman, because, as I pointed out, the technology created by NPCs also fail and explode.
    Yeah, but ALL NPCs are not profession engineers, which is what I was talking about.

And I've already explained to you that this is irrelevant. Death knights and necromancers are also fundamentally different from one-another, despite both using necromancy, just like paladins and priests are fundamentally different from one-another, despite both being pious and usie holy magic. And, again, a class having one, two or three abilities of a certain type does not give them "ownership" over that type of ability. By that logic, no class should ever have physical damage abilities because that's the "ownership" of the warrior. No class should have fire magic because that is the "ownership" of the mage. Etc, etc.
    Wouldn't someone who uses Necromancy (like Death Knights) be a Necromancer?

So how exactly are they fundamentally different?

Teriz, for the love of what you hold holy, think before you post. Do you see death knight outposts... or any Azerothian outposts in Bastion, Ardenweald, Maldraxxus or Revendreth? No? And you know why? Because passage to the Shadowlands is restricted. There isn't a huge Azerothian party marching into the Shadowlands. Outside of Ouribos, your character is completely alone.

... Have you actually played the Shadowlands intro? Like, at all?
    Amazing how a few elite Necromancers became a "huge Azerothian party marching into the Shadowlands". That's straw man number 2 for you.

In the end, the point is that the theme of this expansion is death and the dead, with Sylvanas, the Lich King, and various masters of the realms of death taking central roles. We even has an entire realm dedicated to Necromancy, and yet there's no new Necromancer class to be found.

Yet despite those facts, we have you denying the very theme of this expansion, and pretending that a more thematically fitting expansion is coming down the line.

That's the denial I'm talking about.

It has nothing to do with me disliking.
    LoL! Yeah, sure it doesn't.

Who is to say that a Void Elf Warrior isn't a Riftblade (or whatever they're called)? That would be no different than Draenei Paladins being called Vindicators, and Blood Elf Paladins being called Blood knights.

The Tinker has a very specific set of abilities that aren't found in engineering, so yeah not really the same case here. For all we know, "Riftblade" is just a title for a Void Elf Warrior.

Engineering isn't a class.

Yeah, but ALL NPCs are not profession engineers, which is what I was talking about.

Wouldn't someone who uses Necromancy (like Death Knights) be a Necromancer?

So how exactly are they fundamentally different?

Amazing how a few elite Necromancers became a "huge Azerothian party marching into the Shadowlands". That's straw man number 2 for you.

In the end, the point is that the theme of this expansion is death and the dead, with Sylvanas, the Lich King, and various masters of the realms of death taking central roles. We even has an entire realm dedicated to Necromancy, and yet there's no new Necromancer class to be found.

Yet despite those facts, we have you denying the very theme of this expansion, and pretending that a more thematically fitting expansion is coming down the line.

That's the denial I'm talking about.

LoL! Yeah, sure it doesn't.
    You'll say that necromancers and death knights are the same but will argue until you're blue in the face that engineers and tinkers are fundamentally different. Ah, the double standards you fling....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You'll say that necromancers and death knights are the same but will argue until you're blue in the face that engineers and tinkers are fundamentally different. Ah, the double standards you fling....
    Because Death Knights are a class while Engineering is a profession. The Death Knight class contains the Necromancer’s abilities from WC3. The Engineering Profession contains none of the Tinker’s abilities from WC3 or HotS.

That’s hardly a double standard.

Again, easily changed with a stroke of a pen.
    Which pretty much applies to any and every race, especially since they already use Gnomish and Goblin technology through Engineering. It's the reason why Gnome and Goblin specializations exist in that profession, where no other racial specialization appears in any other profession.

Something ranged dps. They have never added a single ranged dps class to the game since launch and have even taken away a ranged dps spec from hunters. Its time they add something more for ranged.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

You have yet to provide any examples of any Necromancers using poison.

Again, there's no Necromancer in Warcraft casting fire or arcane spells.
    Krick is a Necromancer who utilizes poison: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=36477/kr...es;mode:normal. He also uses an arcane spell. And just incase you're still unsure about him, his description literally says: The diminutive necromancer Krick oversees the workers in the Pit of Saron. From atop the ghastly Ick, he can safely throw poison, explosives and dark magic at his enemies. From this vantage point, he has also learned dark secrets of Icecrown Citadel that could topple the Lich King.

Other Necromancers who use either nature, fire, or other schools of magic that you were looking for Teriz:

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=166615/m...ncer#abilities
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=28889/ac...ncer#abilities
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=146833/n...urer#abilities
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=31096/sc...ncer#abilities
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=118472/f...ncer#abilities
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Heigan_the_Unclean

I'd also argue that Grand Widow Faerlina could be categorized as a Necromancer since she uses the spell Frenzy, and is one of the high-ranking members of the Cult of the Damned. Cult of the Damned lore tells us that "Kel’Thuzad personally appoints officials and leaders for the Cult, looking for people both talented in espionage and in pursuing the dark art of necromancy." She also casts a Poison Bolt Volley

Well here's a very popular one;

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...r-Concept-2017

Dread is Unholy, Faithless is Blood, and Undeath is a combination of Frost and Unholy.

Pretty much every Necromancer concept is a variation of that.
    Come on Teriz, I put so much more work in the updated version of my concept. Please use that one! (found in my sig)
    And incase you forgot, within the updated concept, Dread is now called Chemical, and mostly revolves around poison/toxic fumes. Faithless is a blood healing specialization which shouldn't be compared to DK's Blood spec anymore than Holy Priests and Prot pallies should be compared. And finally, Undeath has seen a huge overhaul since its original incarnation, and honestly plays nothing like either Frost or Unholy Dks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I know it's probably been linked already, but I'd play the hell out of this if it ever became a thing
    Thank you so much!

The Dark Ranger nail in the coffin for me is Blizzard saying that no class fits the theme of an expansion where a Dark Ranger is the main character, Death is the main theme, and one of the plot lines is the Forsaken under new leadership. I mean if this expansion doesn’t fit for a Dark Ranger, what type of expansion would?
    Not if you add-in Priestess of the Moon and Naga Sea Witch, it doesn't.

It could be added in an expansion about elves, where Night Elves, Undead Elves and Naga all have an orgy about their proud and glorious lineage, which produces the Dark Ranger/Priestess of the Moon/Sea Witch class.

Did it ever cross your mind that they are just tired of adding a new class every other expansion, and breaking their heads over how to balance it all? that could very well be the reason. especially after Demon Hunters were recently added and still feel fresh (according to them, i just don't remember where i read it).

Well let's compare Dark Rangers and Tinkers in terms of build up; In BFA Sylvanas was raising undead Night Elves as Night Warriors. It's important to note that none of the Night Warriors had Sylvanas' Banshee powers. They, like the Forsaken variety of Dark Rangers, were just undead Hunters with shadow-arrow abilities. So where's the build up for a Dark Ranger class exactly? If anything, Blizzard is reiterating the point that the only Dark Ranger in WoW with Banshee powers is Sylvanas. So yeah while Sylvanas got top billing in BFA and Shadowlands, the Dark Rangers and Night Warriors really didn't. Even now in Shadowlands with Nathanos now pretty much "dead" there's not really anything to separate Dark Rangers from your standard Hunter.
    The fuck? you're making shit up now?
    Sylvans never produced Night Warriors. Night Warrior is a ritual Tyrande went through to become an instrument of Elune's vengeance. Sylvanas raised undead Night elven Dark Rangers, not Night Warriors.

It's not "just flavor text". It is lore. You're literally cherry-picking, here. If the flavor text says that the "tinker technology" has a chance to misfire, then it has a chance of misfire, and therefore it's unfit to be used for a playable class unless a big retcon is made to remove this "misfire" thing.
    Actually, i would like that very much as a Goblin Tinker. it would add so much flavor to the RP aspect of the class, and distinguish between the Gnomish and Goblin approaches. The risk factor would be much like a shadow Priest's Surrender to Madness, where you gain much power, but also risk dying. or like the Warlock's Life Tap, where you gain mana, but sacrifice health; Summon Doomguard, were once it could have killed you if you didn't enslave it in time (or now, that you have to sacrifice a group member to summon it); or Dark Pact/Burning Rush, which taxes your health in exchange for an advantage.

See, teriz? i can be on your side, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    The problem is still expansion. I mean, a gnome/goblin expansion sounds hella unlikely.
    Not if you take into consideration Chromie's alternate reality Mechagon scenario - where every living being was changed into a Mechanical one. if you think about it, we already had multiple Demonic, Undead and Void threats, but never Mechanical ones. a Mechanical-inspired expansion threat would be a breath of fresh air.

Teriz, i got your back on that.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Tinker. Tinker is the only real missing class.

You could invent new stuff like Bard or a Dragon-based class or something, but Tinker is the only existing one not in.

Necromancer, Dark Ranger, Warden, etc. are already mechanically in with Warlocks/DK, Hunter and Rogues.

I agree with you on the Tinker fantasy missing from WoW classes. but, saying the Hunter and Rogue fulfill the roles of Dark Ranger and Warden is like saying Warlock fulfilled the role of a Demon Hunter and Death Knight back in the day.

You ever stop to think that people actually LIKE Gnomes and Goblins, but don't play them because they can't find a class that fits them? I'm one of those people.
    Arcane Mage and Marksmanship Hunter. check their racial abilities.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-11-28 at 10:55 AM.

Because Death Knights are a class while Engineering is a profession. The Death Knight class contains the Necromancer’s abilities from WC3. The Engineering Profession contains none of the Tinker’s abilities from WC3 or HotS.

That’s hardly a double standard.
    It's a huge double standard. From a lore standpoint, something you use to justify only gnomes and goblins getting tinker even though there is nothing in the lore backing up your claims, pretty much states that tinker and engineers are the same thing. Tinker is just a title used by some engineers. And before you say another thing about gameplay, mechanics =/= canon lore.

5+ Year Old Account
    I am so, so, so gutted we didn't get Necromancers this expansion. It would have been the perfect pick & the perfect new 'content' that WoW probably still needs now.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Not if you add-in Priestess of the Moon and Naga Sea Witch, it doesn't.

It could be added in an expansion about elves, where Night Elves, Undead Elves and Naga all have an orgy about their proud and glorious lineage, which produces the Dark Ranger/Priestess of the Moon/Sea Witch class.

Did it ever cross your mind that they are just tired of adding a new class every other expansion, and breaking their heads over how to balance it all? that could very well be the reason. especially after Demon Hunters were recently added and still feel fresh (according to them, i just don't remember where i read it).

The fuck? you're starting to make shit up now?
    Sylvans never produced Night Warriors. Night Warrior is a ritual Tyrande went through to become an instrument of Elune's vengeance. Sylvanas raised undead Night elven Dark Rangers, not Night Warriors.

Actually, i would like that very much as a Goblin Tinker. it would add so much flavor to the RP aspect of the class, and distinguish between the Gnomish and Goblin approaches. The risk factor would be much like a shadow Priest's Surrender to Madness, where you gain much power, but also risk dying. or like the Warlock's Life Tap, where you gain mana, but sacrifice health; Summon Doomguard, were once it could have killed you if you didn't enslave it in time (or now, that you have to sacrifice a group member to summon it); or Dark Pact/Burning Rush, which taxes your health in exchange for an advantage.

See, teriz? i can be on your side, sometimes.

Not if you take into consideration Chromie's alternate reality Mechagon scenario - where every living being was changed into a Mechanical one. if you think about it, we already had multiple Demonic, Undead and Void threats, but never Mechanical ones. a Mechanical-inspired expansion threat would be a breath of fresh air.

I agree with you on the Tinker fantasy missing from WoW classes. but, saying the Hunter and Rogue fulfill the roles of Dark Ranger and Warden is like saying Warlock fulfilled the role of a Demon Hunter and Death Knight back in the day.

Dark Ranger is literally just undead hunters. There is nothing separating them from hunters other than Life Drain. So there really is absolutely no reason to make dark rangers a class.

Dark Ranger is literally just undead hunters. There is nothing separating them from hunters other than Life Drain. So there really is absolutely no reason to make dark rangers a class.
    And Demon Hunters are just Warlocks with Metamorphosis. Death Knights are just Warlocks with Death Coil.

Silence (currently a Priest ability, not a Hunter one), Black Arrow (removed from the Hunter), Life Drain (Warlocks have Drain Life - like Sylvanas has Life Drain and Gul'dan has Drain Life in HoTS. sounds similar, operates similar, and yet, were still distinguished), Charm, Banshee's Curse (Saying it is unique to Sylvanas is like saying Gorefiend's Grasp is unique to Gorefiend, Illidan's Grasp is unique to Illidan, and Eye of Leotheras is unique to Leotheras. all of them were given to the Death Knight and Demon Hunter classes), Withering Fire, Shadow Dagger, Haunting Wave, Wailing Arrow, Mind Control (currently a Priest ability, not a Hunter one), Might of the Banshee Queen (see above: about uniqueness), Unfurling Shadows, Overwhelming Affliction, Unstable Poison, Mercenary Queen (see above: about uniqueness), Possession, Barbed Shot (Beast Mastery Hunter ability), Lost Soul, Festering Wounds (close in name to the Death Knight ability Festering Wound), Cold Embrace (a Warlock's Potency Conduit), Windrunner (see above: about uniqueness), Remorseless, Evasive Fire, Deafening Blast, Dark Lady's Call (see above: about uniqueness), Withering Barrage.

So, the only abilities representing the Dark Ranger within the Hunter class would be the now removed Black Arrow, and the Beastmastery Hunter ability Barbed Shot (when a Dark Ranger would be more of a Marksmanship Hunter).

A Dark Ranger Specialization, alongside a Priestess of the Moon and Sea Witch specializations, within a class. not a class on its own.

And, if there's still not enough meat on the bones for you, as a specialization, they can draw more inspiration from Diablo 3's Demon Hunter class (Valla), as they are both feminine, hooded figures with red eyes, that use ranged weapons and dark powers:

Multi-Shot (Hunter ability), Caltrops (removed Hunter Talent), Death Siphon (removed Death Knight Talent), Strafe (unavailable to players), Punishment (unavailable to players), Death Dealer (removed Death Knight ability), Gloom (unavailable to players), Frost Shot (unavailable to players), Rancor (unavailable to players), Impale (removed warrior talent), Rapid Fire (Hunter ability), Bola Shot (Removed hunter ability), Preparation (removed rogue ability), Shadow Power (removed shadow priest specialization bonus), Fan of Knives (rogue ability), Marked for Death (Rogue talent, hunter artifact trait, removed hunter talent), Thrill of the Hunt (hunter talent), Steady Aim (hunter azerite trait), Cull the Weak (removed demon hunter talent), Entangling Shot (unavailable to players), Chakram (close to the Hunter ability Chakrams), Companion (similar to the hunter's 'murder of crows' talent), Grenades (very close in appearance to a hunter's 'wildfire bomb'), Smoke Screen (very close to a Rogue's 'smoke bomb'), Vault (very close to a Demon Hunter's vengeful retreat), Spike Trap (unavailable to players), elemental arrow (unavailable to players), sentry (unavailable to players), Vengeance (unavailable to players), night stalker (very close in name to the rogue talent nightstalker), brooding (unavailable to players), rain of vengeance (similar to a hunter's 'volley' ability), cluster arrow (similar to a hunter's 'explosive shot' ability).

Personally, i wouldn't want them to take Thrill of the Hunt, explosive shot or Chakram from the Hunter, Fan of Knives from the Warden, Smoke Bomb or Nightstalker from the Rogue, nor would i want the Dark Ranger to use Grenades and Turrets. i just wrote what the class has.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-11-28 at 05:46 PM.

There are many possibilities. I mean, Saudi-Arabia surely one day could be come the first atheist LGBTIQ+ supremacist nation on this planet. Things could happen and my momma always said me, that the difference between creativity and insanity is to be able to differenciate what can happen and what could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    There are many possibilities. I mean, Saudi-Arabia surely one day could be come the first atheist LGBTIQ+ supremacist nation on this planet. Things could happen and my momma always said me, that the difference between creativity and insanity is to be able to differenciate what can happen and what could happen.
    +1 for creativity

For real, though. the Mechanical threat is possible. they didn't just add it for the laughs, you know. just like Chromie's Deaths scenario is hinting at her involvement in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Something ranged dps. They have never added a single ranged dps class to the game since launch and have even taken away a ranged dps spec from hunters. Its time they add something more for ranged.
    Yes. I would say a physical ranged class would be the best way to go. A class that actually competes with the Hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    /snip.
    I think we're beyond this point in this discussion. The discussion now is how can you implement a Necromancers class into WoW after you've had a prime opportunity in Shadowlands?

- - - Updated - - -

It's a huge double standard. From a lore standpoint, something you use to justify only gnomes and goblins getting tinker even though there is nothing in the lore backing up your claims, pretty much states that tinker and engineers are the same thing. Tinker is just a title used by some engineers. And before you say another thing about gameplay, mechanics =/= canon lore.
    Actually according to lore Tinkers use claw packs. Something not found in the engineering profession. Also the claw pack pretty much confirms Goblin/Gnome only.

A visual of the claw pack in case you don't know what it is;

Art Credit: Arthur Lorenz:
    https://handclaw.artstation.com/albums/1137119

- - - Updated - - -

Those racials don't mean much if this is how their racial leader is depicted in a mech;

Bard and make it wear mail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    I am so, so, so gutted we didn't get Necromancers this expansion. It would have been the perfect pick & the perfect new 'content' that WoW probably still needs now.
    Exactly. As much as I oppose their inclusion into the game as a class, it's pretty obvious that this was the perfect expansion to introduce them. Blizzard saying that there is no class that fits an expansion where death is the literal theme pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of Necromancers being a class in WoW separate from Death Knights.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2020-11-28 at 03:11 PM.

Exactly. As much as I oppose their inclusion into the game as a class, it's pretty obvious that this was the perfect expansion to introduce them. Blizzard saying that there is no class that fits an expansion where death is the literal theme pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of Necromancers being a class in WoW separate from Death Knights.
    Because you know better then Blizzard what they can and can not do, surely. Is it your actual skull that is that thick, or are you in a mech suit?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose