789. This poll is closed
  • It's Shit

181 22.94%
  • It's lit

608 77.06%
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Imo Legion zones blow SL's out of the water already As for BfA, as a Horde main I didn't like any of my faction zones (except maybe, maaaaaybe Nazmir), so SL wins in that regard.
    Sorry, but no: Legion-Zones were horrible with Suramar as an exception. Right now the worst (worst, NOT bad) zone of Shadowlands was Bastion, because the only thing that we saw about Uther was actually nothing. 1 time we saw him as an orange enemy and that's all folks, go further to Maldraxxus.

All other zones had somehow an conclusion, but Bastion didn't. That was for me quite a bummer.

Still: the leveling-experience for me is as good as WoD (WoD had one of the best leveling experiences ever), better than legion and far better than BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aureli View Post
    Its shit, mark my words. There is literally nothing to do for developing your character.
    Nope, since getting gear now feels not like a rollercoaster, you get far less gear now, but every piece now feels more meaningful. And that's a good thing, not a bad one. As long as it is accessable, it's a good decision. (and there is still plenty of gear available)
    Last edited by Velerios; 2020-11-28 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Nope, since getting gear now feels not like a rollercoaster, you get far less gear now, but every piece now feels more meaningful. And that's a good thing, not a bad one. As long as it is accessable, it's a good decision. (and there is still plenty of gear available)
    Im 183ivl already, there is plenty of loot everywere and its stil a rollercoaster with personal loot and dropping max 1 item per boss. So waiting for your BIS can be infinite.
    But outside of gear, there is nothing to do to improve your character. Something like badges on TBC, Emblems on wotlk or artifact power in legion. There is like no real reason to grind anything atm...
    Last edited by Aureli; 2020-11-28 at 11:30 PM.

I'm only mid way into Maldraxxus so this is a very early opinion. Although I'm already Level 57. Starting to question my approach to herbing and side quests. Everything is green for me now and I'm not sure I can start any of the other zones yet.

Bastion was one of the best, if not the best, levelling zone I've played in the game. Stunning in many different ways and a story line I gave a damn about. I was actually sad to have to leave it (for now).

Maldraxxus, not so stunning for me personally. The aesthetic and general modelling of the zone makes it look unfinished and rough. Especially compared to Bastion. But I suspect that's intentional and has always been the case with that particular style in the game. Plus I get it.. comparing Maldraxxus with Bastion from an art perspective is like comparing chalk with cheese.

My main criticism so far is a lack of general quest variation. It's either "Go loot 10 items", "Go encourage 10 NPCs", "Go kill 10 mobs" or "Go do something 3 times". Repeat. Repeat. And I get it... that's WoW questing in a nutshell. But throw in a flying quest every so often. Or a vehicle quest. Or just something that isn't "Hey I need 10 items, there's some near by". It's odd. Maybe Blizzard decided we don't like that type of quest and just stuck to the basics? Perhaps I'd be complaining about the more involved quests if they were there?

Overall I think it's a brilliant expansion so far.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's been pretty good so far, specially in world content. If they do the balancing right, SL will be amazing.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I'm only mid way into Maldraxxus so this is a very early opinion. Although I'm already Level 57. Starting to question my approach to herbing and side quests. Everything is green for me now and I'm not sure I can start any of the other zones yet.

Bastion was one of the best, if not the best, levelling zone I've played in the game. Stunning in many different ways and a story line I gave a damn about. I was actually sad to have to leave it (for now).

Maldraxxus, not so stunning for me personally. The aesthetic and general modelling of the zone makes it look unfinished and rough. Especially compared to Bastion. But I suspect that's intentional and has always been the case with that particular style in the game. Plus I get it.. comparing Maldraxxus with Bastion from an art perspective is like comparing chalk with cheese.

My main criticism so far is a lack of general quest variation. It's either "Go loot 10 items", "Go encourage 10 NPCs", "Go kill 10 mobs" or "Go do something 3 times". Repeat. Repeat. And I get it... that's WoW questing in a nutshell. But throw in a flying quest every so often. Or a vehicle quest. Or just something that isn't "Hey I need 10 items, there's some near by". It's odd. Maybe Blizzard decided we don't like that type of quest and just stuck to the basics? Perhaps I'd be complaining about the more involved quests if they were there?

Overall I think it's a brilliant expansion so far.
    The XP is such that you can do only the main questline and almost get to 60. I did 2 optional questlines in Bastion and 2? bonus zones somewhere along the line and hit 60 just before finishing the campaign.

My advise is do what you want. If you want to do side quests do side quests and don't worry about hitting 60 early.
    If you dont like sidequests you can ignore almost all of them.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Many players (not all) see that as a good thing.

Instead of having a laundry list of daily/weekly chores to increase player power, many aspects of the game have become optional meaning we can spend more time doing the content we actually enjoy. For me, that's PvE Group content, for others, it's PvP.

All of the optional stuff like Rep, I can happily chip away at as and when I feel like it. Most likely during the downtime between Tiers.
    The thing is, there was always some kind of reward for doing that content. In TBC you did get badges of justice, in wotlk Emblems, in Legion there was artifact power so you always felt like there is a reason to grind. Im really missing this. I thought Anima will be working like that, but with the research being gated by souls, its not working and even if you farm a lot of anima, you cant really use it...

I mean you are not forced to do shit, but on the other hand. Nothing is really rewarding...

SL is already better than BfA and it pleases

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Yes, they are good.
    I mean think what you want, but Warlords of Draenor and Cataclysm are considered to be some of the worst expansions by most players lol

So far I'm enjoying it. The leveling is fast, the dungeons are fun and I've got some good people to play with. Sure there is a bit of "busy work" when you first hit 60, finishing the Revendreth campaign felt like a chore after capping early in the zone, but once it's done it's done you don't have to repeat that. What does feel annoying to repeat is The Maw intro stuff and early Torghast levels. It'd be nice if once we cleared the highest layer on all available floors if alts could just jump straight to the final layer and grab their Soul Ash in one go just like you can with the second floor you do.

Overall I'd give it a 7/10 atm, subject to change once the raid is available.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm liking it a lot so far.

Im 183ivl already, there is plenty of loot everywere and its stil a rollercoaster with personal loot and dropping max 1 item per boss. So waiting for your BIS can be infinite.
    But outside of gear, there is nothing to do to improve your character. Something like badges on TBC, Emblems on wotlk or artifact power in legion. There is like no real reason to grind anything atm...
    Bosses can drop more than one item, at least in heroics. I’ve seen it just now.

- - - Updated - - -

Imo 90% of the people you’re going to see complaining about this expansion are people who don’t know what they want, or follow hate trains.

This is a damn good expansion

7+ Year Old Account
    Too early to say. I dont want to vote one way or the other.

I will say this. Having all the anima items in my bag is a massive pain in the balls. But, I dont feel obligated to grind out player power like Legion/BFA. I can target specific world quests I want, or ignore them. And either way it doesnt make much difference. I like torghast and its obvious attempt to get players to use spells not often used by newer/lower skilled players(ie priests: mind control, fade, and psychic scream). I like most class designs. The covenants offer different spells for different utility(though, they could have offered more comparable options). The questing experience was mostly good, some are still bugged. Some phasing issues were had. But the fact that I can just bypass questing on alts is actually so liberating.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatu View Post
    Its lit , but crafting covenant, and world quest gear is painfully useless. Pvp honor gear falls in the same boat too. Will be so quickly obsoleted when you cannot max it out prior to weeks in.
    I like it, it means I don't have to do world quests.

Literally every expansion is cool for the first 3 weeks.

Pros:
    Zone aesthetics
    Music
    Classes feel better than BFA
    Covenants are neat
    Questing is the best it’s been
    Torgast is a sort of interesting twist

Cons:
    Flying through Oribos to fly between zones (seriously why make it take 30 more seconds every single time)

Covenant abilities and transmog are inconsistent with all classes. Some are amazing, some are flat out awful.

Everything seems gated.

Not being able to skip starter experience on alts.

Having to fully beat the campaign before it’s reasonable to level an alt.

Doesn’t feel like they have a strong idea of what they want the game to be. Feels more like “here’s more of the same to keep you busy and we arbitrarily gated everything so you have to stay subscribed”.

Torgast powers seem like an illusion of choice. It’s usually pretty obvious which one is best and there doesn’t seem to be all that many. They’re also not really that interesting on a shaman.

Overall:
    It feels like a solid foundation, but needs some work still. Especially feels like they bit off more than they could chew with adding new abilities to game. Really curious to see what future patches bring to the table.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2020-11-29 at 08:07 AM.

I mean you are not forced to do shit, but on the other hand. Nothing is really rewarding...
    It's pretty accurate with the exception I wasn't forced to do shit in BfA and was actually rewarded for playing.

I very much dislike shift towards weekly lottery reward system. Game should reward you from playing, not from arbitrary weekly lootboxes. These should be addition and not the only way to get relevant gear.

If you have no self control and burn yourself out of game then its a you-problem but don't keep me by hand and cripple rewards system to keep everyone in check.

shadowlands is the best thing ever.

shadowlands it the worst thing ever.

shadowlands is somewhere in between the best and worst things ever.

I think this comes down to a community mindset where many in wow feels if it is rewarding then it forced. Yet if it is not rewarding it's a waste of time.

Then add in the other issue of if there's no barriers then for many in the community it is the feeling of having to grind non stop to get to max point (lack of better term.) but if there is a barrier then it is the "Time gating." complaint.

It's a delicate balance to find.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm already not liking torghast, or the WQs. So things can only go down hill from here in that regard since they are both necessary for progression.

I rarely voice my comments on subjective threads like this but this will be an exception.

I've never been a hardcore player in WoW since TBC and early WOTLK but I've always been in the game casually ever since; and I can say this is the most boring content for me since Cataclysm. The story is just terrible. Gameplay is exactly the same, just as the visuals; nothing new to get excited on and I can not see any difference between covenants and any reputation grind ever.

If the end game does not change my perception I will probably gonna skip through or casually resub from time to time. It has been 15 years since I first started playing so I know I will be back at some point - but so far, so "meh".
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    That wouldn't work, Orc's and Human's have a different number of chromosomes.
    WoW: The only fictional world where chromosomes matter.

Realisation sets in after reaching 60 the Revendreth WQ's are awful.