Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    well its not a problem of if lol,its a guarantee,unless shadowpriest is the best dps in all situations,than yeah....no raid leader that cares about progression is going to let you use it on yourself....they should not have made it an option for dps spec to use it on others,just the heal spec
    even then, no.
    The dps role is competitive, anything that gives special favours to one player over others is frankly bullshit, that isnt how players have played this game ever since recount was made, and fucking with it to change things wont work.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    even then, no.
    The dps role is competitive, anything that gives special favours to one player over others is frankly bullshit, that isnt how players have played this game ever since recount was made, and fucking with it to change things wont work.
    well,we had it way worse in the past and it worked just fine,warlocks had a permnant buff they could give to others,dark intent that gave the target 3% haste and a 9% dot increase that was upp pretty much all the time,mages also had that big crit buff that is coming back in shadowlands...but its coming back as a talent option lol,its kinda funny the illusion of choice they are trying to scam us with,like paladins geting 3 of their passives ripped away and given as CHOICE AURAS hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    Yeap. Void bolt / plague / mind blast even with 2 charges have horrible overlapping. Maybe it's a matter of getting used to the new rotations but I still find the spec clunky. I preferred the Cata design overall. MoP / WoD was okayish I guess.
    It really doesnt though, dont start void form with full insanity for a start, but your entire rotation during void form is pretty rigid.
    Void eruption, void bolt, mind blast, mind blast, void bolt, mind flay, void bolt, devouring plague, mind blast, void bolt.

you could castsequence it if it werent for a bug where abilities with cooldowns pause the macro after interrupting a channeled ability

basically you can cast 2 spells between each void bolt, you get 2 mind blasts so thats the first gap taken, the second gap is 2 GCDs of mind flay, the last gap is mind blast and devouring plague, in either order.

I am leveling SP right now, around 45 level currently. Never played anything, but my warlock for the last 10 years. Like this SP a lot, it feels like a middle-ground between affliction and destruction. Shadow will be my 4th warlock spec now
    Last edited by Pury; 2020-11-06 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anrakyr View Post
    I tried doing visions after the revamp. Still couldn't solo visions, still pathetic snap aoe damage, still pathetic survivability, still pathetic cds.

I can faceroll visions on my ret pala and ww monk, who even have shit gear.
    Idk about that. Once you get decent gear (~115-120+) and fill out most of the tree doing 5 masks on priest is definitely easier than it was before. The passive healing is more than enough to pretty never have to look at your healthbar, and we have a great kit for chain killing packs of 2-5 mobs and bursting down elites. Both damage and survivability scale great with all the haste buffs too.

Yes you are still a caster and at a severe disadvantage compared to all melees, but compared to before and other casters it's pretty great.

As someone who played has played priest since Cata... shadow feels better than it has in years (granted I didn't play it in BFA). It's just not your play style.
    Last edited by MrHoliday; 2020-11-10 at 04:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Am I missing something critical here?
    I don't disagree with everything you said, but I'd like to point out that without 30-40% haste it will play a lot slower than now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    I don't disagree with everything you said, but I'd like to point out that without 30-40% haste it will play a lot slower than now.
    Won't that be difficult to obtain with the new diminishing returns system on secondary stats in SL?

It really doesnt though, dont start void form with full insanity for a start, but your entire rotation during void form is pretty rigid.
    Void eruption, void bolt, mind blast, mind blast, void bolt, mind flay, void bolt, devouring plague, mind blast, void bolt.

you could castsequence it if it werent for a bug where abilities with cooldowns pause the macro after interrupting a channeled ability

basically you can cast 2 spells between each void bolt, you get 2 mind blasts so thats the first gap taken, the second gap is 2 GCDs of mind flay, the last gap is mind blast and devouring plague, in either order.
    Yeah actually with a bit of practice it's better. Also it feels a bit too much because of the essence that gives me random proc of insanity so I feel like sometimes I'm unable to damp my insanity enough on single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    Yeah actually with a bit of practice it's better. Also it feels a bit too much because of the essence that gives me random proc of insanity so I feel like sometimes I'm unable to damp my insanity enough on single target.
    Its very granular, i imagine it will become more complex with more abilities added, but for now it seems pretty straight forward.

I'm guessing Shadow is your first ranged spec? At least DoT one. Because many things you said doesn't make much sense. The spec is better than ever and I love it. They took the best of the pre-Legion and Legion-BfA Shadow and merged it into this beauty. Devouring Plague is just... lovely.

Its very granular, i imagine it will become more complex with more abilities added, but for now it seems pretty straight forward.
    Probably. It's definitely interesting in PvP though that DP is a disease again, meaning only a few classes can dispel it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Literally never played a priest before. But I heard that you guys got some reworks for Shadowlands that were supposedly making them into a pretty good class to play.

I don't know what to tell you guys. If you think....whatever the spec is right now...is 'good', then I have to wonder about how bad it's been for how long in order to skew perspective. This class suffers from ability bloat, garbage talents, excessive casting times, DoTs that have extremely short durations and weak damage, a lack of mobility, weak AOE, and overall unsatisfying combinations and ability rotations.

Maybe it's just my own perspective being off. Or maybe it's one of those classes that fundamentally changes with end-game top iLVL gear. I can't say for certain. But shadow priests just feel BAD to play right now. Granted, I've only been level 50 for a short amount of time. But wow is it not good IMO.

Am I missing something critical here?
    Yes, after rework shadow priest is terrible. It was so awesome in 8.3, best spec I played ever. Now it's clunky, full of useless abilities, cooldowns intersect here and there. I hope that developers will revert all changes in 9.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a mess to me, ngl. I'm normally a healer but have played OS shadow and have a feeling I won't be enjoying shadow still.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Its a mess to me, ngl. I'm normally a healer but have played OS shadow and have a feeling I won't be enjoying shadow still.
    how the heck is it a mess?its a massive improvement by making void form just a cd,its back to the catalysm style,not only does it feel better and flows better,but im REALLY gonna enjoy not getting nerfed every damn patch because shadow scaled to good with gear and void form

I was going to Main DK but after Spriest rework I returned to my old love.

Leveling has been so much better than legion and BFA, just makes you wonder why the fuck we had to be so bad at world content for 5 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    how the heck is it a mess?its a massive improvement by making void form just a cd,its back to the catalysm style,not only does it feel better and flows better,but im REALLY gonna enjoy not getting nerfed every damn patch because shadow scaled to good with gear and void form
    I was very clear in saying its a mess to me, you don't have to get your knickers in a twist. You can enjoy it all you want.

Edit: I just had a big change on talents and now feel a bit happier actually, will work on this a bit more.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2020-11-28 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    Leveling has been so much better than legion and BFA, just makes you wonder why the fuck we had to be so bad at world content for 5 years.
    Void Form's old incarnation always scaled terribly with gear at low item levels. (Legion launch was physically painful.) Having an actual cooldown and on-demand burst (via DP) makes the spec feel much better in open-world content.

Lol no it does not flow better. It feels much more clunky, and less like a Shadow Priest and more like a Mage. The previous version was better, but they couldn’t balance Void Form having no cd so alas. I’d also wish they’d stop forcing us into Shadow Crash. It feels like garbage to play.