10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Yup if they thought this was a problem why is it just now being brought up and not before or after the primaries.
    Them tossing the case due to laches was pretty predictable to anyone even remotely familiar with the concept.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Also I am pretty sure on appeal the only thing presented to the appelet or supreme court is stuff directly related to what you appealed on. A lot of these appeals even if they get to scotus and scotus chooses to do something would really only have a remedy of punting it back down to the original court with some extra instructions and if those courts choose not to expedite its all going to be mooted in the next couple weeks.
    You are absolutely correct. New evidence cannot be presented on appeal (there are exceptions, of course - but not for this court case/topic). Any appellate court can only hear and rule on issues that have already been presented at trial. Waiting to present evidence to the Supreme Court is a obvious grift, to those familiar with court practices.

We're also seeing McLie-all-the-Time telling people that judges dismissing the court cases "didn't understand the argument". This from someone who claimed Paw Patrol was canceled, and then doubled down on her idiocy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You are absolutely correct. New evidence cannot be presented on appeal (there are exceptions, of course - but not for this court case/topic). Any appellate court can only hear and rule on issues that have already been presented at trial. Waiting to present evidence to the Supreme Court is a obvious grift, to those familiar with court practices.

We're also seeing McLie-all-the-Time telling people that judges dismissing the court cases "didn't understand the argument". This from someone who claimed Paw Patrol was canceled, and then doubled down on her idiocy.
    That’s pretty rich... “our case was only thrown out because the practicing judge didn’t understand law as well as we do!”
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That’s pretty rich... “our case was only thrown out because the practicing judge didn’t understand law as well as we do!”
    Calling the judge an idiot that a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Said people who failed at using a phone book... ‘Just scroll to F, for Four Seasons and book the first one!’
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Clearly, the radical leftists in different state made him fear for his life, so in order to protect himself he had to cross state lines and preemptively strike at them to protect them from eventually killing him. /s

actually, I type /s, but really I do think some of the more hardcore right-wing sycophants think like that. I mean, the GOP has gotten people in rural Ohio to be scared of illegal immigrants raping them with drugs, despite the Mexican-US border being 1,600 miles away.
    Maybe the ohians are worried about Canadian illegals crossing over from the North?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Maybe the ohians are worried about Canadian illegals crossing over from the North?
    Well see, the problem with that notion is the same with Trump saying he's fine with "good" immigrants from countries like Norway coming to the United States... why in the hell would anyone from those countries want to immigrate to the United States, especially with the way Trump is running it?

Moreover, the actual reasons for citizens of other well developed, western nations to immigrate to the United States... higher education... scientific establishments... research... all of those are things that Trump and the conservatives are actively fighting against.

All Trump's America has to offer to the immigrants he actually "wants" is the promise of being part of the "bigly hugeness." A hollow offer that I assume falls on deaf ears for most, especially when it's a "promise" coming from Trump.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-11-29 at 08:28 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

This is a phenomenal article by the Washington Post (paywall-free link). At this point it's just downright irresponsible of the rest of the administration and those in Congress not to have 25th'd him out of there if this is anywhere near the truth of it.

20 days of fantasy and failure: Inside Trump’s quest to overturn the election

The facts were indisputable: President Trump had lost.

But Trump refused to see it that way. Sequestered in the White House and brooding out of public view after his election defeat, rageful and at times delirious in a torrent of private conversations, Trump was, in the telling of one close adviser, like “Mad King George, muttering, ‘I won. I won. I won.’ ”

However cleareyed Trump’s aides may have been about his loss to President-elect Joe Biden, many of them nonetheless indulged their boss and encouraged him to keep fighting with legal appeals. They were “happy to scratch his itch,” this adviser said. “If he thinks he won, it’s like, ‘Shh . . . we won’t tell him.’ ”

Trump campaign pollster John McLaughlin, for instance, discussed with Trump a poll he had conducted after the election that showed Trump with a positive approval rating, a plurality of the country who thought the media had been “unfair and biased against him” and a majority of voters who believed their lives were better than four years earlier, according to two people familiar with the conversation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations. As expected, Trump lapped it up.

The result was an election aftermath without precedent in U.S. history. With his denial of the outcome, despite a string of courtroom defeats, Trump endangered America’s democracy, threatened to undermine national security and public health, and duped millions of his supporters into believing, perhaps permanently, that Biden was elected illegitimately.
    There's much more to it so I'm not going to post it all, but I encourage everyone to give it a read. It's worth the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well see, the problem with that notion is the same with Trump saying he's fine with "good" immigrants from countries like Norway coming to the United States... why in the hell would anyone from those countries want to immigrate to the United States, especially with the way Trump is running it?

Moreover, the actual reasons for citizens of other well developed, western nations to immigrate to the United States... higher education... scientific establishments... research... all of those are things that Trump and the conservatives are actively fighting against.
    So what you're saying is that Trump's campaign slogan should have been: "America first... by making America last!"

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    So what you're saying is that Trump's campaign slogan should have been: "America first... by making America last!"
    It’s “America first... get me out of here!!!”...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Trump: "DOJ/FBI Missing in Action"

You mean to tell me that William Barr your personal AG Attorney is not doing anything about all of your allegations

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    This is a phenomenal article by the Washington Post (paywall-free link). At this point it's just downright irresponsible of the rest of the administration and those in Congress not to have 25th'd him out of there if this is anywhere near the truth of it.

There's much more to it so I'm not going to post it all, but I encourage everyone to give it a read. It's worth the time.
    Still effin amazed how this guy is treated with kit gloves. In what should be a government where we, you know, not at the whim of some king or god emperor, Trump is the embodiment.

The staffers who I guessed leaked this and are low level with no real power but in the end they are the problem.

That is why going forward in the Biden thread, any Trumpkin trying to say anything will be mocked by me.

I was sarcastically going to put this in the Biden thread about Biden is crazy tweeting again. Here it is.

Let me be clear: Wearing a mask is not about making your life less comfortable or taking something away. It’s to give something back to all of us — a normal life.
    https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/...806630913?s=19

Crazy tweet huh?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

15+ Year Old Account

Amazing read, for sure. I can't wait for all the articles and books when this is over and he's out of office.

It does seem to confirm my suspicion that this is as much a sincere result of delusion as it is a grift, at least when it comes to Trump himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in the partial recount for Wisconsin:

Milwaukee County - Biden gained +132 vote difference.
    Dane County - Trump gained +45 vote difference.

So Trump spent $3m of his cult's money to lose 87 votes.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I was about to post this. Best Businessman ever!

15+ Year Old Account

Now, I usually point out that Trump is largely grifting people operating at a defecit, and they don't really deserve ridicule any more than a granny tricked by a Nigerian prince scam, but, in this case... I'll just say I hope that money will do more good in the government's hands.

I do wonder how many stories we'll hear surfacing of people parting with money they really needed when this is over, and whether a class action lawsuit might be in order, since so many of the cases are being dropped.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

The facts were indisputable: President Trump had lost.

But Trump refused to see it that way. Sequestered in the White House and brooding out of public view after his election defeat, rageful and at times delirious in a torrent of private conversations, Trump was, in the telling of one close adviser, like “Mad King George, muttering, ‘I won. I won. I won.’ ”

However cleareyed Trump’s aides may have been about his loss to President-elect Joe Biden, many of them nonetheless indulged their boss and encouraged him to keep fighting with legal appeals. They were “happy to scratch his itch,” this adviser said. “If he thinks he won, it’s like, ‘Shh . . . we won’t tell him.’ ”

Trump campaign pollster John McLaughlin, for instance, discussed with Trump a poll he had conducted after the election that showed Trump with a positive approval rating, a plurality of the country who thought the media had been “unfair and biased against him” and a majority of voters who believed their lives were better than four years earlier, according to two people familiar with the conversation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations. As expected, Trump lapped it up.

The result was an election aftermath without precedent in U.S. history. With his denial of the outcome, despite a string of courtroom defeats, Trump endangered America’s democracy, threatened to undermine national security and public health, and duped millions of his supporters into believing, perhaps permanently, that Biden was elected illegitimately.
    While it doesn't fit the literal definition, his actions fall under the "treason" designation.

(great article find...definitely worth the read)

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    While it doesn't fit the literal definition, his actions fall under the "treason" designation.

(great article find...definitely worth the read)
    It's too depressing to read. It sounds like it's a very good exposition on why the US is truly flat out fucked. Trump is doing all this shit, still got 74 million votes, and there is still a 3-5% chance that he won't even be gone on January 21.

And he still has the power to cause a couple more really bad things to happen between now and then.

Its looks increasingly likely that Trump will not even get a case to the Supreme Court. Which means Biden wins. This path into the future is one where Trump will announce he is running for president in 2024 almost immediately. That means 4 YEARS of Trump rallies from here to 2024. Trump will likely act as a "shadow president", commenting on all policies coming out of the Biden White House. Newsmax and Parler will provide in-depth coverage of Trump's opinions to grow its audience even more, and will gain lots of legitimacy, as the mainstream press will try to ignore Trump and his comments to their detriment.

There was a time when America had "one president at a time". That meant the current sitting president commented on policy and all ex-presidents stayed quiet. Obama broke that custom in Trump's first term, and when you do that to TRUMP, you know the gloves are OFF going forward. So now America will likely have TWO presidents. Republican voters will listen to Trump. Democrats will listen to Biden.

So Trump isn't going away. He just gets stronger.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2020-11-29 at 10:36 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    So Trump isn't going away. He just gets stronger.
    "He lost the election, but that's actually better!"

is the weirdest way to rationalize a loss I've seen in a while.