Thread: Oribos is awful

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I love the aesthetics, but hate that mounts are restricted in certain parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    blizz creating a huge main hub with a lot of details, buildings etc:
    "OMG I hate this, this sucks, what where they thinking?"

blizz creating a smaller main hub with everything being easy and fast to access:
    "OMG I hate this, this sucks, what where they thinking?"
    It's almost like different people have different opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    This. Why can't there simply be a speed buff like in the Pandaria-Shrine. Maybe an Ancestor of him spinning around...
    Why not just allow flying at 1000% speed anywhere.
    Hi

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazjin View Post
    I don't wanna spend one second more than I have to in that dreary city... What were they thinking?
    I swear working for Blizzard must be the most stressful job in the world. No matter what you do, no matter how much you try to make your game as enjoyable as possible, there's always people complaining about ANYTHING. Even if Blizzard gave us 10,000€ a month in a box with a pretty pink ribbon, people would still complain that they would want a blue ribbon...

How.. hoow can you dislike Oribos? It's literally the EASIEST main hub to navigate that blizzard ever gave us? It's a giant circle so everything is close at hand. It's easy to navigate, with direct FP to all shadowlands zones and a giant pit that you JUMP to go to the Maw... what more do you want???

I don't understand where this internet mentality of complaining for the sake of complaining even began.
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Well they could put the portals and the Inn next to the flight Master that would be awesome. They way it is right now is too much travel time after a Portal.

Needs more mailboxes and mount space, other than that it’s aight. The BFA cities were epic but the parts that you actually made use of were average at best.

For such a small hub I sure do get lost an awful lot. Who knew circles were so hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why, I think it's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    I swear working for Blizzard must be the most stressful job in the world. No matter what you do, no matter how much you try to make your game as enjoyable as possible, there's always people complaining about ANYTHING. Even if Blizzard gave us 10,000€ a month in a box with a pretty pink ribbon, people would still complain that they would want a blue ribbon...

How.. hoow can you dislike Oribos? It's literally the EASIEST main hub to navigate that blizzard ever gave us? It's a giant circle so everything is close at hand. It's easy to navigate, with direct FP to all shadowlands zones and a giant pit that you JUMP to go to the Maw... what more do you want???

I don't understand where this internet mentality of complaining for the sake of complaining even began.
    If something exists then there’s going to be people that like it and people that dislike it. There’s not a single thing that everyone on the planet is in agreement with.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    He's right. Oribos feels very low effort compared to the capitals of past expansions.
    Mate.. Past Expansions? You must not even think about past expansion cities. Oribos looks nice, sounds nice, is massive and has everything we need in it.
    Cata and Legion re-used cities, WoD city was literally a construction camp, MoP shrines were more of a building rather than a city.
    Truly big new city was Dazaralor. Oribos is what Dalaran was in WotLK just 5 times bigger. And it's not a city where people are supposed to live btw. It's Arbiters sanctum.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's neat but quickly gets annoying to be dismounted in parts of it. Seems so arbitrary given the size of the halls. You don't feel like you're going 'inside' as the place is huge but whatever...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

As a small game developer, I can tell you this is true for any game, not just Blizzard games. Doesn't matter what you do, someone will come along and tell you you're doing it wrong. People have grown into this weird mentality that their way is the right way and even if the majority enjoy something differently, they're all wrong.

Any symmetrical City is kind of bland. It makes sense to get a order and regal feeling though.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I think Oribos does its job fair enough, it pales in contrast to the covenant sanctum IMO but let's be real it's not like the other capital hubs have all been 10/10 exactly.

Vanilla - Pretty good considering you get 4 different capitals per faction and you get some iconic cities. SW, Org, IF, UC etc.
    TBC - As much as I loved TBC, Shattrah honestly is not that great of a city. It's pretty big but there's not really much there.
    WotLK - As much as I don't like Wotlk, yeah Dalaran was dope. Flying city and all that.
    Cata - Back to using SW/Org again..
    MoP - The shrines while interesting in design are like 1 quarter of SW/Org in size and not that special
    WoD - We were told about BT and that cool Ogre fortress and what we got was pretty mediocre lets be real
    Legion - Dalaran again..
    BFA - Cool cities but like someone else said, the parts that were actually useful amounted to like 10% of the city and it was the other parts that were cool

So is Oribos really THAT bad?

things i would improve about oribos:

-remove the screen effect when using the teleport pads and just make it instant, there isn't a loading screen anyways.
    -just make it so no matter what teleport pad you use, you always exit on the one closest to/facing the flightmaster.
    (or alternatively, add a second inn on the fightmaster ring)

rest is fine, most stuff is actually grouped together logically instead of being spread all over.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    I love the aesthetics, but hate that mounts are restricted in certain parts.
    ^ This.

I like the city, but not being able to mount in the middle ring is incredibly annoying.
    Stopped mounting entirely once i unlocked Soulshape.

Formerly known as Arafal

Why not just let us mount anywhere there? Blizzards hatred towards mounts this expansion is real and is annoying as hell

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Really? Takes you a whole 30 seconds to a minute to get somewhere off you get back from the portal or flight, and it's 'too much travel time'...

Of course, I can't prove it, but I think Blizzard did this on purpose. No whistle, a lot of no-mount area in Oribos, Less speedspeedspeed out in the world, etc etc. I think they're trying to slow things down a bit (other than M+, it's built around it, so it's an exception) because of all the toxic assholes doing stupid shit to other players in the name of speed and/or efficiency.

YMMV.
    slowing it down is one thing. but walking form the hearthstone to the flightmaster is just annoying. (though how much slower than dazaralor can you get?)

hs > mount up > can't
    walk to inn exit, hmm is mounting up worth it or should i just keep walking at this point?
    white smoke on your screen for just long enough to be distracting.
    flightmaster is not on minimap, gotto figure out where he is until muscle memory kicks in. (and then ofc everytime you use a different portal its annoying again).

Edit: I'm laughing my ass off at the people having complete fits about the Maw and mounting...
    i never hear anyone who went night fae complain about it, wonder why that is
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-11-29 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Agreed. Boralus was (and still is) amazing. Oribos is sterile and very, very dull in comparison.
    Boralus was a dump. Oribos is far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Mate.. Past Expansions? You must not even think about past expansion cities. Oribos looks nice, sounds nice, is massive and has everything we need in it.
    Cata and Legion re-used cities, WoD city was literally a construction camp, MoP shrines were more of a building rather than a city.
    Truly big new city was Dazaralor. Oribos is what Dalaran was in WotLK just 5 times bigger. And it's not a city where people are supposed to live btw. It's Arbiters sanctum.
    Oribos has potential, but it can't be called a city in its current state. If it were called "the Eternal Temple" or something and if it weren't marketed as a gathering point for all sorts of traders then I would be much more lenient.

As for past expansions. Shattrath, both Dalarans, updated Orgrimmar and Stormwind were all believable cities. MoP shrines were just that, shrines, but even they had much more going on to them than Oribos in terms of NPC activity. WoD hubs were temporary military outposts so, while still a disappointment, they played their role just fine.

This is a consequence of targeting your product at as large an audience as possible. People tend to have different mindsets, different values and interests, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I dislike Oribos because I prefer to have proper RPG elements in my MMORPGs. The hub may be efficient from a gameplay perspective, but it's not a city or a center of trade activity as it was marketed to be. If anything, Oribos is a hollow temple infested with a group of traders who didn't even have any customers there prior to our arrival.

I will take it over Daza... Good lord that place was pathetic!