3+ Year Old Account
    I guess Bwonsamdi dosen't really care for Amani souls, because none of them worship him?

I should'nt have posted this

- - - Updated - - -

I guess it makes some sense, since there's trolls all over Bastion too?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    In that case, it can either be:

- A very story-driven patch full of story scenarios and world updates like 5.3 (which served as prelude to the Siege of Orgrimmar);

- A joke patch like 6.1.

Preferably, it's closer to Patch 5.3.
    I could see 9.1 being Maw-focused and containing the Maw revamp they promised for beta, but never implemented. The Maw seems to be the place that needs most work at the moment.

I just don't see 9.1 having another big raid with Castle Nathria being so massive.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I guess Bwonsamdi dosen't really care for Amani souls, because none of them worship him?

I should'nt have posted this

- - - Updated - - -

I guess it makes some sense, since there's trolls all over Bastion too?
    I think Bwon might only hold power to usher souls that do worship him -specially now where he has to fight for every troll soul- so I do think it would be because Amani -or maybe Zul'jin specifically- didn't worship.

He does seem like a "I spit on death's face" sorta guy.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What if 9.1 doesn't bring a raid? Castle Nathria feels like the first proper "tier" raid and with 10 bosses it's way bigger than Highmaul, Emerald Nightmare and Uldir. It's the same size as Nighthold and has one more boss than BoD. Plus it ties directly into the Jailer storyline.

9.1 might bring a mini-raid like CoS or ToV and the next "big" raid will be in 9.2. This way 9.1 can come sooner as raid testing wouldn't have to be so extensive.
    If 9.1 comes on the Legion/BFA timetable and doesnt have a raid, that's a HUGE red flag. Week 1, yeah sure Nathria could totally last us a year. By March? You'll be begging for the next raid.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The soul that broke the maw is Sylvanas Windrunner, throwing herself from ICC
    Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Blizzard have explicit stated that the Arbiter was functioning normally,,when Ursoc was killed in Emerald Nightmare, some 15 years later than what you state.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I could see 9.1 being Maw-focused and containing the Maw revamp they promised for beta, but never implemented. The Maw seems to be the place that needs most work at the moment.

I just don't see 9.1 having another big raid with Castle Nathria being so massive.
    I think it needs A raid, even if it isnt as big. I definitely don't think it will be more "important" than Nathria though, I am still a firm believer in the one raid per covenant theory, and Maldraxxus doesnt need a massive raid to wrap up their story, leaving the possibility for the rest of the patch being focused on extraneous stuff.

Not to mention that a smaller raid and more focus on non-raid content would fit with Blizzard's seeming trajectory of less focus on instanced content in favor of a more solid base game.

The Maw is definitely a sore spot right now, though I am still not sure what in the world they could possibly do to "fix" it. It is technically working as intended, and the only thing I think players want to see more out of there is Torghast.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Is there any reason to not assume there will be a new raid in ~6 months? as that is the length of pretty much every non-final tier?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Is there any reason to not assume there will be a new raid in ~6 months? as that is the length of pretty much every non-final tier?
    Both Legion did a tier 1.5 mini raid with Trial of Valor about 2 months after Legion release. BFA got Battle for Dazar'alor (full raid) 4 months after release and the Crucible of Storms mini-raid 7 months after release.

So if the last two expacs were any precedent, chances of at least a mini-raid, if not a whole raid, within 6 months are pretty solid.

Can someone explain something to me?

Renown is the only thing needed to proceed with the covenant campaign right? And you only get renown by doing the covenant dailies and quests, without needing to anything else?

I'm asking because I want to experience the story of the other campaigns with alts but I don't wanna run and grind stuff like Torghast on my alts.

I actually changed my mind at the end and went Kyrian with my Nelf priest because I really liked the whole atmosphere and the characters and especially the zone. But afaik the story that concerns Tyrande happens in the Night Fae campaign right? And since I already have a druid waiting at 50 it makes sense for my priest to go Kyrian instead. There's even Night Elf souls there which is cool.

Also, where does that Sylvanas and Anduin cinematic happen? Is that part of the covenant campaign aswell? I haven't seen it yet because I wanna see it ingame but it seems weird how it's already out when there's a cap on how much of the campaign you can do each week.

What if the Runecarver is the original jailer of the Maw before Zovaal was imprisoned in it? Runecarver mentions being imprisoned for ages yet Zovaal was also in chains until just recently.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    What if the Runecarver is the original jailer of the Maw before Zovaal was imprisoned in it? Runecarver mentions being imprisoned for ages yet Zovaal was also in chains until just recently.
    Nah, he seems like an ok guy, I think it was just the Jailer that was imprisoned. There's an artifact of some sort that you can give to Ve'nari that mentions 'before the Maw was called the Maw', so its safe to say that other things lived there at some point
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If 9.1 comes on the Legion/BFA timetable and doesnt have a raid, that's a HUGE red flag. Week 1, yeah sure Nathria could totally last us a year. By March? You'll be begging for the next raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I think it needs A raid, even if it isnt as big. I definitely don't think it will be more "important" than Nathria though, I am still a firm believer in the one raid per covenant theory, and Maldraxxus doesnt need a massive raid to wrap up their story, leaving the possibility for the rest of the patch being focused on extraneous stuff.

Not to mention that a smaller raid and more focus on non-raid content would fit with Blizzard's seeming trajectory of less focus on instanced content in favor of a more solid base game.

The Maw is definitely a sore spot right now, though I am still not sure what in the world they could possibly do to "fix" it. It is technically working as intended, and the only thing I think players want to see more out of there is Torghast.
    We don’t know how much the whole Corona situation plagued Blizzard in the end. This could or couldn’t be a reason for no (huge) raid in 9.1. I think it all boils down to their development cycle and how much they’re behind or on track. It’s not impossible that they just skip something, if they’re behind (that doesn’t mean it must happen this way though). Maybe they even planned it this way. Who knows at this point? Q

With Castle Nathria they just have given us a very good (entry) tier which could totally last for +6 months. A smaller raid to bridge 9.0 and 9.2 is possible though, but players usually tend to dislike or just skip raids like ToV or CoS.

I‘m still not sure where they’re going with content patches as the Shadowlands as they are right now with their four zones and covenants just feel so genuine and... finished. If they’re not pulling a secret Covenant nobody dares to talk about from their hat it will be quite hard to tie that neatly into the Covenant / Shadowlands storyline imho. Especially with Oribos being designed around four Covenants and The Maw. It would feel weird if there’s now all of a sudden more to the Shadowlands.

I know people said it might be Thros or whatever, but it just doesn’t feel... right? For me the Shadowlands feel complete the way they are (due to the four Covenants being very intertwined with the whole plot), although there are multiple options for more zones. More Shadowlands zones without Covenants or in the style of the Maw just don’t sit right with me.

With the four Covenants having their own campaigns I don’t even know which plots are still unresolved (e.g. does the Thros / Drust plot maybe gets resolved in the Nightfae stoyline? I don’t know, I just started the campaign just yet. And it’s basically the same with the other campaigns, e.g. Kyrians with Uther, the Primus in Maldraxxus - like is he dead or just missing?). Plus, when you’re at the end of the questing storyline and reach 60, shortly before choosing a Covenant and you’re meeting at the Arbiter‘s place, there are these columns where the holograms of the Covenant leaders appear - there are five of them iirc. Is the empty one to the left side for Zovaal? Or who did take this spot?

And if 9.1 isn’t that big, 9.2 could come sooner. Maybe a Spring release for 9.1 (March/April) and a Summer release for 9.2 (June). About 7 months for CN seems long, but with a smaller raid in between... possible. That we’ve had no clue about the next raid is a bit weird, too. Although they didn’t announce it early, we knew about BoD quite some time before.

About the Maw... no idea how to improve it really. Playing my Monk right now so I am very mobile and fast. I really can’t and won’t imagine playing my Shadow Priest next in the Maw with zero movement options. The same for Warlock or DK. The imagination alone makes me dread it already. But that’s really only one of the many issues the Maw has right now (for me). I know it may sound odd, but a megadungeon in Torghast in the style of Karazhan for 9.1 would be really neat in my opinion. Like Torghast, but normal loot / equipment drops and set bosses (or another megadungeon in any of the zones, musn't be The Maw).

All in all, Shadowlands is for me personally way more intricate and interesting than BfA ever was. Don't know if it's the completely fresh setting or the Covenants and how they're intertwined, the expansion just feels a lot more... exciting. But Zovaal as the main villain isn't working for me right now (althoug I love the concept behind the Eternal Ones). He just needs a ton more backstory and I hope it comes sooner than later.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-11-29 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    Well, when talking about the maw the Eternal Ones variously mention the Banished One and the Jailer... but i get the feeling that they aren't talking about the same person. Wouldn't be surprised if we unknowingly release the former. Could also be the Primus, though, based on what we know about his abilities meshing rather well with the Runecarver's.

- - - Updated - - -

We don’t know how much the whole Corona situation plagued Blizzard in the end.
    From what we've been told, not terribly much. I doubt they're going to aim for a significantly different cadence than BfA, which they seemed rather happy with.
    Last edited by huth; 2020-11-29 at 11:11 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Can someone explain something to me?

Renown is the only thing needed to proceed with the covenant campaign right? And you only get renown by doing the covenant dailies and quests, without needing to anything else?
    You get renown by doing your campaign quests as well as your weekly quest like the 1500 anima one or returning lost souls from Torghast.
    But afaik the story that concerns Tyrande happens in the Night Fae campaign right?
    Yes, Tyrande only appears in the Night fae campaign.

Also, where does that Sylvanas and Anduin cinematic happen? Is that part of the covenant campaign aswell? I haven't seen it yet because I wanna see it ingame but it seems weird how it's already out when there's a cap on how much of the campaign you can do each week.
    it appears sometime later in the campaign, when the upper reaches of Torghast are unlocked.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    You get renown by doing your campaign quests as well as your weekly quest like the 1500 anima one or returning lost souls from Torghast.

Yes, Tyrande only appears in the Night fae campaign.

it appears sometime later in the campaign, when the upper reaches of Torghast are unlocked.
    Thanks, that clears it up a bit.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Dude, it's Nyel. In BfA he spend like 6 months speculating how 8.3 and 4th season/raid won't be a thing.

Just finished weekly Torghast, it's fun but can see it become repetitive if it doesn't change things up every weeek
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Just finished weekly Torghast, it's fun but can see it become repetitive if it doesn't change things up every weeek
    You do get more epic powers and more options as you upgrade your reputation with Ve'nari, but other than that I don't think there is much that will change.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Dude, it's Nyel. In BfA he spend like 6 months speculating how 8.3 and 4th season/raid won't be a thing.
    I asked what if it doesn't bring a raid because Castle Nathria is so massive compared to previous raids. And then I said it might just add a small(er) raid instead of another huge one like BoD or NH. But yeah, instead of talking about my points just make it again about me. You should stop obsessing about me as a person and talk more about the topic or arguments that are brought up.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-11-29 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    You should be getting two different wings next week, out of 6 total. So probably different enemies at least.

- - - Updated - - -

I asked what if it doesn't bring a raid because Castle Nathria is so massive compared to previous raids.
    The problem is that this is closer to asking "what if every water molecule tunnels through the bottom of the glass" than "what if we used blue instead of green". It's not a realistic scenario.