Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Maybe once there will be less guns in the hand of US citizen, the USA will be less of a far west and looks like less like a third world country.
    Maybe if there were more guns in the hands of the French, you wouldn't have submitted so cowardly to the Germans...? Or at least made it longer than a matter of weeks before hoisting the old white flag.

That's assuming you wouldn't have still collaborated with them anyway...
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2020-11-29 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Maybe if there were more guns in the hands of the French, you wouldn't have submitted so cowardly to the Germans...? Or at least made it longer than a matter of weeks before hoisting the old white flag.

That's assuming you wouldn't have still collaborated with them anyway...
    And if the French was not there, the USA would not exist. We could go hours like that.

And an army that lose 100k men is not cowardly, sorry to break up your bubble. The issue of France with the battle of France was more stategy than lack of bravery or whatever. The French Officers and government were still in the logic of WW1 and thought it would be a battle of attrition. Not sure the USA would have fare better.
    Last edited by Specialka; 2020-11-29 at 10:01 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do a gun allow you to go to your job ? In today's society, a car is a necessity, a gun is not.

If only your skill at using bad faith argument would be as good as your skill at metaphore.
    In the US, for millions, we consider the right to defend ourselves with firearms a necessity.

And if only you could learn to disagree correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Lever Action and Bolt Action though are nice designs and I prefer either one.

- - - Updated - - -

I suspect the strategy will just be endless technicalities on the 2nd Amendment. They cannot ban it, but they can do a million other things that achieve the same ends.
    My Marlin lever action rifle is the only rifle my wife can shoot and handle well. Very nice rifle. And it is the Marlin made by Marlin before they sold out. A late 1960's model.

Yeah. They will keep chipping away at it. They are like termites are to a home.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-11-29 at 01:29 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    In the US, for millions, we consider the right to defend ourselves with firearms a necessity.

- - - Updated - - -

My Marlin lever action rifle is the only rifle my wife can shoot and handle well. Very nice rifle. And it is the Marlin made by Marlin before they sold out. A late 1960's model.

Yes, and this what needs to change. It will in time, with proper education and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and this what needs to change. It will in time, with proper education and such.
    It needs to be resisted. With proper education on firearms and the power of the Supreme Court.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

It needs to be resisted. With proper education on firearms and the power of the Supreme Court.
    You do know a constitution can evolve to better adapt to the era ? My country is at its fifth and some people are considering we should write a sixth.

With proper education, you could build a better system and more just which would lead to less inegality which in return would yield less crimes, thus less need to be armed to defend oneself, but someone has to do the first step.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I support more (much more) gun control and I'm not a democrat. What up?
    Most of the democrats I know are pretty pro-life, much moreso than I am. But, one party includes it in their platform while the other includes the opposite. Same with gun control, when speaking about general policies and such, there's one party that includes gun control as part of their over arching goals, and one that does not. It does not mean everyone fits into the box, but the odds seem pretty small that you as an individual will be passing gun control no matter which party you support or not. When discussing legislation and potential legislation, why would we say "democrats and that one guy on the forum, want to ban things"? Unless they're a large enough faction to influence the party politics, folks just don't matter.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Most of the democrats I know are pretty pro-life, much moreso than I am. But, one party includes it in their platform while the other includes the opposite. Same with gun control, when speaking about general policies and such, there's one party that includes gun control as part of their over arching goals, and one that does not. It does not mean everyone fits into the box, but the odds seem pretty small that you as an individual will be passing gun control no matter which party you support or not. When discussing legislation and potential legislation, why would we say "democrats and that one guy on the forum, want to ban things"? Unless they're a large enough faction to influence the party politics, folks just don't matter.
    Summarized in one quick graph:

Yes, there is room that remaining 15%/22% for people with heterodox opinions relative to party, but speaking broadly, Democrats want stricter gun laws and Republicans don't. What's weird is all the doublespeak from people that consistently say that they want stricter gun laws while also insisting that no one wants to take away guns.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

But chipping away at at a woman’s choice to do with her body is ok. What you don’t want is security. You want power to bend others to do what you want because listening to others scares you. It’s easier to blow them away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    It's a defense against government tyranny, it is not a defense against a lawfully ordered civil society. Indeed, that is a thing it also exists to preserve.

The riot begins with the first thrown object, broken window, or lit fire. Period. No exceptions or rationalizations.

- - - Updated - - -

The AWB was never litigated under the 2nd Amendment, so it's a pretty specious argument you are making. It's useless nonsense expired before it really got into the appellate weeds.
    You still have yet to prove there was a riot at Lafayette square. The gassing was illegal. Should the protestors have shot back? Or are you going to turn yourself in because someone committed a crime In Your neighborhood last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    since you want to ignore these competely while being on the website. so forcing people to either give up their "assault weapons" for well under what they paid or be made to pay more thats back door confiscation

also this is absolute ridiculous seeing as if you're buying a firearm online it still has to be shipped to an ffl for a background check
    ignore?
    No one complaining in this forum and the person i responded too has or will ever have an actual assault weapon.

So again no one is coming for your guns and there are no confiscation plans in the plan listed by Biden.

Also again, what part of that plan confiscates assault weapons? It allows you to freaking keep them. Do you people know what confiscation means??

- - - Updated - - -

I did not miss your point. But applied it in way which you did not indicate.

I think my respect and responsible use of a firearm is representative of the large majority of gun owners. Just because a few do not respect them enough, is no reason to take them away from the majority of the citizens who do. After all, we use the same logic with automobiles. Want to compare the death rates of misuse of those with firearms?
    Sure we already went over this in very fine detail.

Once you factor in the volume of use of cars vs guns you find that the death rate of automobiles are vastly lower than guns, by multiples ever year.
    But you want to be dishonest with your argument and go off raw numbers

* the last census showed 91.3% of households have at least 1 car. Average 1.88 cars per household.
    * count all vehicles you are talking about 200-250 million vehicles in use daily.
    * 3.25 trillion miles driven a year.
    * The U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Highway Administration states the average person drives around 13,500 miles every year.
    * The average American driver spends 101 minutes per day driving.

* 22% of individuals own guns. 36% of households.
    * 10-12 billion rounds are sold/produced in the US yearly.
    * I would include more data but republicans and gun owners sue/prevent studies from being performed by the CDC and Gov agencies.

Once you factor in the very obvious "use" and "ownership" difference the data shows how much safer vehicles are vs guns.

Also remember, even raw numbers are close: The number of Americans who died from firearms surpassed those who died in car accidents for the first time in 2017.

But you refuse to actually have a discussion with 95% of the forum so you probably missed it or pretended to ignore it when we discussed it last time here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post

I suspect the strategy will just be endless technicalities on the 2nd Amendment. They cannot ban it, but they can do a million other things that achieve the same ends.
    I guess they learned a thing or two from republicans on voting, rights, 1A, abortion, etc etc.....??

Seems to work well for that party why not huh?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    I guess they learned a thing or two from republicans on voting, rights, 1A, abortion, etc etc.....??

Seems to work well for that party why not huh?
    Where there is a will there is a way. I mean look at domestic spying and the prosecution against Wikileaks and Snowden. If you can't do it, you can just outsource it and make it technically legal but practically impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Aesthetically, lever action rifles are a very good melding of design, artistic quality and effectiveness. There is an artform in the machinery, a craftsmanship that leads to a rifle that is both a useful tool, but a piece of art as well.

- - - Updated - - -

You mention education? What doe schools have to do with anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Biden's gun confiscation plan effects poor people the most.

As Marx has said, the Proletariat should never disarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know a constitution can evolve to better adapt to the era ? My country is at its fifth and some people are considering we should write a sixth.

With proper education, you could build a better system and more just which would lead to less inegality which in return would yield less crimes, thus less need to be armed to defend oneself, but someone has to do the first step.
    In some areas yes. But some rights are never outdated. And the right to use a tool which can help a citizen ( the weak or handicapped esp.) better defend themselves with, is a vital right. It is very important to have a equalizer. Lose your life and you lose all of your rights.

In some areas yes. But some rights are never outdated. And the right to use a tool which can help a citizen ( the weak or handicapped esp.) better defend themselves with, is a vital right. It is very important to have a equalizer. Lose your life and you lose all of your rights.
    And obviously, with everyone armed, "bad guys" would come at you with their bare hands and not at all shoot you before you can draw your gun.

I really wonder how people are doing in country where you can't own a gun to defend yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    And obviously, with everyone armed, "bad guys" would come at you with their bare hands and not at all shoot you before you can draw your gun.

I really wonder how people are doing in country where you can't own a gun to defend yourself.
    Some still get killed by murderers.

And Vermont, which has a crime/gun related murder rate that more than likely rivals your country, has compared to many other states, fairly lax gun control laws. There are other factors involved in why the death's from criminals using firearms, than just the fact they have them. And it is wrong to punish the lawful citizens, because of the few who are crooks.

And also keep in mind, the US has amended it's constitution around 28 times. But never has taken away a citizen's right. My opinion, also shared by our Founding Fathers, some rights are not granted by the Government, but are to be protected by the Government.

And Vermont, which has a crime/gun related murder rate that more than likely rivals your country, has compared to many other states, fairly lax gun control laws. There are other factors involved in why the death's from criminals using firearms, than just the fact they have them. And it is wrong to punish the lawful citizens, because of the few who are crooks.

And also keep in mind, the US has amended it's constitution around 28 times. But never has taken away a citizen's right. My opinion, also shared by our Founding Fathers, some rights are not granted by the Government, but are to be protected by the Government.
    You mean Vermont which has a population density of 70 people per km² while France has 105 ?

Why would you be punished ? Ideally, you could still bring your guns to a firing range and have fun shooting at paper target. That is what I do and I like it that way.

Btw, Vermont crime rate is 1.7 per 1000 people while France is 1.5 more or less. Vermont biggest town is 20k people if I am not mistaken. Can you argue in good faith once in a while ?
    Last edited by Specialka; 2020-11-30 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    No one complaining in this forum and the person i responded too has or will ever have an actual assault weapon.

So again no one is coming for your guns and there are no confiscation plans in the plan listed by Biden.
    What's the working definition of "actual assault weapon" that you're using that leads you to conclude that no one posting here owns an "actual assault weapon"?

7+ Year Old Account

It took away a citizens right to alcohol, so that’s a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    It took away a citizens right to alcohol, so that’s a lie.
    And our right to own other people. And they haven't given that one back! #RepealThe13th (/s)

Townhall media got a chance to have a discussion with SB tactical following the ATF deciding to be tyranical over pistol braces. Fortunately they are getting ready to take the ATF to court over the recent pistol brace issues. ATF needs taken down a lot of pegs

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What's the working definition of "actual assault weapon" that you're using that leads you to conclude that no one posting here owns an "actual assault weapon"?
    based on the old ban and current limitation on assault weapons that clearly define what an assault weapon is

Anyone own a decades old grandfathered in assault weapon?
    doubt it just based on the cost.

- - - Updated - - -

they took away the right to drink booze....but then gave it back.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!