Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Legends 303
    56 posts
    Here since 4 years

Still no fucking clue about the game and its systems.
    But needs to complain about things he doesn't understand.

Yeah... just your average mmoc mon... uhh whiner.
    Do you have a point or do you just intend on shitting on op because of how little they've posted?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    MMO-C needs to put an autoban feature on threads that have 'Blizzard needs' or anything such similar in the title.
    irony.
    10chars

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I feel like they want to lose players like you, that spend more time complaining on forums than actually playing the game. At least try to sound constructive and educate yourself about the nature of the new systems.
    I think the OP needs a diaper change and a nap.

The systems are fine. You want to be in front you Putin some time time to do so. If you are late to the gsme you have plenty of chance up mechanics to get you caught up. But as usual, the vast majority see it as something to work on the entire expansion not worry about capping or hittingncertsin points faster.

How do i get renown? I dont see anytjing special that rewards renown

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I really don't understand why such hate, bad words and hissing towards OP here.

Will you guys EVER accept and value someone's opinion if its different to yours?

OP is right.
    These endless "power progression" systems are choking the game AND player base.

And WOW DID lose A LOT of subs. That's more than obvious if you check pve rankings and pvp glad push.
    Because there's no infinite power progression system in Shadowlands. I take it you're the main of the OP which is a dupe account with your rush in to defend.

There are differing opinions and then there's lies and ignorance. Differing opinions are not and never will be "You have to respect my ignorance as equal value to your knowledge."

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    You are still ignoring the fact renown is literally weekly capped limited, thus making it a very very finite grind (also caps at what 40 max anyways) that takes like an hour a week to get. You just dont like facts.
    I am ignoring weekly cap because its completely irrelevant. For people with self control and without OCD having "infinite" grind (which was not infinite btw) is really irrelevant.

I did M+ whenever i feel like it, I did islands whenever i felt like it and raids once a week while completely ignoring world quests. I did not set any bar nor i did care about neck level at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    What i love with classic is you get preraid bis, then you just raidlogg, retail wants you to logg in every week ontop of that to get anima, it is artifact and azarite power, its just a new name, but reading the comments... this is not the last xpack with it.
    You don't have to. Spare me you gotta keep up or you're doing a disservice to your guild if you don't. Unless you are pushing world firstsin mythic, being a few weeks behind won't make or break anything. Not to mention the very generous accelerated gains for being behind make it a non issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I really don't understand why such hate, bad words and hissing towards OP here.

Will you guys EVER accept and value someone's opinion if its different to yours?

OP is right.
    These endless "power progression" systems are choking the game AND player base.

And WOW DID lose A LOT of subs. That's more than obvious if you check pve rankings and pvp glad push.
    How about those that have valid complaints come in here for an actual discussion by laying out what they don't like, why they don't like it, and how it could be made better instead of opening a new thread and shitting themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    I never understood these kinds of OP's.. He states an arguments, then several people say "There is no finite grind" But then the OP is just silent.. not trying to counter argument or any thing.. It's like he just read some outdated info on the internet and decided to post a rant about it.. not wanting to discuss with other people
    I mean, I don't blame anyone for doing this, given how hostile people are on Internet forums. MMOC is no exception. OP might have intended to reply, but once they read the responses gave up the decided to do something a little more pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Why so rude?
    Because I'm annoyed. OP spews lies (infinite power progression) and probably doesn't even play the game anymore, else they would know how wrong their claims are. They are just here to hate, because the have nothing better to do with their lives.
    Threads like these, that just say: "Blizzard sucks, WoW sucks, etc" are just useless. They don't offer a discussion point, don't try to improve anything, they are just here to hate.

People that make this threads are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Akami74 View Post
    I mean, I don't blame anyone for doing this, given how hostile people are on Internet forums. MMOC is no exception. OP might have intended to reply, but once they read the responses gave up the decided to do something a little more pleasant.
    Based on how wrong his entire basis of the thread is, i very much doubt this was anything more than a flame-bait

1st he lists renown as a grindable-system
    Renown is awarded exclusively via completion of 2 quests;
    - with the 1st having you rescue souls in the maw (which shouldn't take more than 5 minutes a week)
    - the 2nd requires you to obtain 1k anima... which is an amount easily obtained by playing pasively

2nd he does it with anima and even goes on to say how it gates power
    - whereas anima is grindable it has hardly anything to do with player power beyond the 1k weekly from the above example

Yeah I understand that but he/she is obviously exaggerating the levels of grind required, its still infinite iirc its just got huge diminishing returns. I totally understand why someone would not like it. I don't think its bad right now, but I cant say I know much about it, but I didn't play ANY of BfA due to the systems being too time consuming at the high end for me to warrant playing, and I definitely see myself in the other boat, wanting these exterior power systems gone, and things to be placed back into gear.

No need to be that rude though dude, that's the problem with these forums, you come on, post something someone doesn't agree with and everyone is just assholes rather than trying to have a back and forth constructive debate.
    I'm all for constructive and polite discussions. But there is nothing to discuss here; a thread called "Blizzard needs to retire these systems" is not made, if OP is willing to discuss. It's a demand, not a discussion.
    And there is really no infinite power progression in SL, and certainly not a grindable one:

Anima could be grinded, but is not directly connected to power progression, once you've build everything in your sanctum you only need it for adventures, which are self sufficient at some point. For everything else anima related there's a (easy to reach) cap.

Soul ash. Not grindable, not infinite. Once you have all your legendaries upgraded you're done. And you probably don't even need all legendaries for maximum performance.

Stygia. Technically grindable, but not really practical once you've reached alert level 5. Also the rewards you can buy with it are not infinitly good, at some point you are done.

Lost souls: weekly lockout.

Honor? No idea really, I don't play PvP but I imagine weekly cap.

Did I forget something?

And yes, I get the resentment about BfA; I'm in the same boat. But SL seems to be the opposite of time consuming. Every "chore" is done pretty fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    It was because of Wow Classic, if there was growth, if you think it was because of BFA, I have a bridge to sell you.
    Of all the replies, this is what the OP responded to. And, the only response in this thread.

Check the threads OP has started. Check his replies. What the actual f.

We really do have some quality members on this site, huh.
    Hi

So Shadowlands endgame is pretty much the same as BFA endgame system where you have an infinite grind of the azerorite system but this time is renown and anima. Plus there is a legendary grind added on top that, that's going to be required for raiding. So the grind is back from BFA but with an extra layer of more grinding. Blizzard needs to retire these systems and go back to just grinding for the best gear, like they had in Cata and Mist, not this crap that was added since Legion, systems on top of systems. If they don't want to continue losing players.
    I'm confused. Blizzard needs to retire grinding systems and go back to grinding?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Player: This system is crap, they are losing players, it's an infinite grind!!!
    Also player: *pre-orders shadowlands & subs*

They ain't doing shit because whatever they do you keep playing.
    Well said.

To add to this, if you don't like grinds, don't play MMO's.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

So Shadowlands endgame is pretty much the same as BFA endgame system where you have an infinite grind of the azerorite system but this time is renown and anima. Plus there is a legendary grind added on top that, that's going to be required for raiding. So the grind is back from BFA but with an extra layer of more grinding. Blizzard needs to retire these systems and go back to just grinding for the best gear, like they had in Cata and Mist, not this crap that was added since Legion, systems on top of systems. If they don't want to continue losing players.
    Renown is not an infinite grind, nor is anima. So you're wrong twice before even finishing your first sentence. As for Cata and Mists, do you remember gear being locked behind being exalted with a rep, and the constant whining and complaining about being "forced" to do dailies?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard does retire their borrowed power systems, at the end of every expansion they're in.

Literally everything in the game is a grind. Doing raids weekly is a grind just like doing Torghast weekly is. You have no issues grinding raids for gear, but don't like the idea of farming Torghast, so this means your problem is simply with the gameplay of the grind, not the grind itself. If Soul Ash dropped from raids suddenly you don't mind the grind because you enjoy the content. So, instead of asking for things to be removed, maybe just ask that they make the gameplay better, but as an MMO it's incredibly limited so, good luck.

And yeah, let's go back to the days of raid logging, because people totally loved WoD, Blizzard definitely didn't have the lowest population ever during the expansion where all there was to do was raid. They were great raids too, really fun over all, but WoD showed that what you want, which is raids to be the only source of power gain, is the literal worst thing for the games population. Remember that only like 10% of the population even raids normal, let alone heroic/mythic. Obvious under-exaggeration but it's been said numerous times that dedicated raiders are a niche population so I don't get why people always seem to ignore that when they rant about how raids should be the only thing that give good gear like in the "good ol days".
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2020-11-29 at 01:27 PM.

Nah not really, I open every single essay/forum post with a statement reflecting my opinion or what I wish to see. Its your job as the reader to build upon it with discussion. What you did was not constructive, or polite. If you disagree with OP, explain why, if he talks back like a brick wall and shows no intention to have a constructive debate leave the thread. What you did was just jump onto the thread and insult him off the rip. Sorry, I'm just saying how I see it.
    I would agree with you, if not for the post history of OP. With thread like "Ion should be fired" or "Blizzard should stop trying to appeal to the dumb cynical people on the internet." I don't think anything constructive would have gotten out of this thread anyway. I rather gave OP my honest opinion about them than try to be reasonable with someone that clearly is not reasonable themself. So, yes, I was rude, but in this instance I'm not sorry.

Man, how can you be this missinformed if you actually played SL?
    They got everything timegated. If I could "farm" renown, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but we only get 2-3 each week.
    Anima is more like order hall resource, not AP.
    And even that is painfully easy to get.
    And all of these are even in the catchup systems. You aren't pressed for anything.

I guess we see you in a month where you make a thread about "how there is nothing to do".
    It's fine to voice your opinion, but atleast don't spread misinformation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    "Real" MMORPG means not having the lionshare of your content be singleplayer. Pretty objective, no?

Quote Originally Posted by LordTakeo View Post
    Man, how can you be this missinformed if you actually played SL?
    They got everything timegated. If I could "farm" renown, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but we only get 2-3 each week.
    Anima is more like order hall resource, not AP.
    And even that is painfully easy to get.
    And all of these are even in the catchup systems. You aren't pressed for anything.

I guess we see you in a month where you make a thread about "how there is nothing to do".
    It's fine to voice your opinion, but atleast don't spread misinformation.
    Yes you are right, anima is like X resource from past 3 expansions but renown is like AP but "simplified" and timegated.
    Which technically doesnt change a thing for people with self control.

The thing is its not "painfully easy" to get, If I would play SL like I played in BfA I would have struggled to send a single mission. And I played quite a lot.