Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Playing frost as usual, and can't relate. Torghast has been a cakewalk? I forget what ilvl I was at when I did one of the two since it was tuesday, but I did the second at 145ish on wednesday. The only time I ever died is when I got cocky and hit AT late on some AOE pack.
    My experience as well. The only time I ever take damage in Thorgast is from the shooting line floor traps, otherwise, nothing touches me. Cleared it when I first dinged 60 with ilvl 145 and later at 170. Good powers or bad, the intro six layers aren't hard, and they weren't designed to be. If there's a struggle, it's a personal thing on how you approach packs and pulls and how comfortable you are with the class.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    I stealthed past most of layer 3 and had 5 anima powers when I killed the boss as a feral druid. Some classes just has it easy, I guess.

Speaking of, I thought Blizzard was balancing Torghast on a spec-to-spec basis?
    Hi

as a fire mage, just get fire juggler and gg... easy win.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    My experience as well. The only time I ever take damage in Thorgast is from the shooting line floor traps, otherwise, nothing touches me. Cleared it when I first dinged 60 with ilvl 145 and later at 170. Good powers or bad, the intro six layers aren't hard, and they weren't designed to be. If there's a struggle, it's a personal thing on how you approach packs and pulls and how comfortable you are with the class.
    Layer 1 and 2 were relatively easy. It's Layer 3 that I struggled big time. Took me an hour or probably longer just to complete my first run. Where as you watch these other classes pull 15 mobs all at once on layer 3, face tank them all while taking little to no damage, and killing the mobs super fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Layer 1 and 2 were relatively easy. It's Layer 3 that I struggled big time. Took me an hour or probably longer just to complete my first run. Where as you watch these other classes pull 15 mobs all at once on layer 3, face tank them all while taking little to no damage, and killing the mobs super fast.
    Ehh, I didn't optimize my layer 3 runs at all, but they were pretty quick. I was super conservative on my pulls so it took a little longer, but I could have easily mass pulled with MI and Water Elemental tanking. The final boss on each of the final floors died within the duration of a single Time Warp, so even that wasn't a challenge. You're almost guaranteed to get the Barrier and Blink powers at every broker level, so building for survivability isn't an issue. What we've seen of Torghast so far has not been designed to be challenging, so if you're having issues, reasses how you approach it. Bone Chilling Frost with Splitting Ice is just faceroll right now.
    BfA Beta Time

Did all on my 148 Blood DK, easy, iam one big boulder of CC that rolls around.
    Picked up some dmg procs and the Runeweapon ability, getting all 8 Runeforged enchants without cooldown is very fucked up (i think Fallen Crusader procs now double).
    Grip Aoe Stuns and i get my Coventability for 3 sec, DnD Stuns all the time my enemys and Lich got a cd reduce + it spams now deathcoil.
    I also get always the buffs from the lost souls and dont let him run out.
    Did you also get the buffs from the souls as a Dmg Dealer?
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2020-11-29 at 03:58 AM.

Ehh, I didn't optimize my layer 3 runs at all, but they were pretty quick. I was super conservative on my pulls so it took a little longer, but I could have easily mass pulled with MI and Water Elemental tanking. The final boss on each of the final floors died within the duration of a single Time Warp, so even that wasn't a challenge. You're almost guaranteed to get the Barrier and Blink powers at every broker level, so building for survivability isn't an issue. What we've seen of Torghast so far has not been designed to be challenging, so if you're having issues, reasses how you approach it. Bone Chilling Frost with Splitting Ice is just faceroll right now.
    Some class or spec have an easier time than other.

The Upper Reaches layer 3 was pretty hard with my fire mage. Killed the final boss on my last life. Wasn't that lucky with animas.
    Used the 2000% fireballs damage while invisible as a starter then used all my other cooldowns then tried kiting it. This was on ilvl 157.

Just now I finished Soulforges layer 3. Was a bit easier, died only 2 times on last boss. Used the same tactic only CCed the boss few times with frost nova and dragon breath. Just stay away from his abilities that can take more than half of your HP. Also that 5% fire damage every 5 seconds sucks lol. This was on ilvl 160.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    I actually noticed this a little even outside of Torghast - some folks seem to be taking no damage at all (non-tanks) while others are getting totally destroyed with similar health pools. Something seems off.
    That would be versatility in action!

10+ Year Old Account
    nope. so far easy as pie. Never failed once. haven't died once.

Guardian Druid btw.
    Last edited by MoFalcon; 2020-11-29 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoFalcon View Post
    nope. so far easy as pie. Never failed once. haven't died once.

Guardian Druid btw.
    Tanks always have it easy with everything baked in.

You have to have a little more skill to play a dps in those scenario.

I went in as feral, it was kinda tedious even on floor one. So i went in as Guardian after that, and had no issues clearing everything available. I went in today again for the Emissary quest and i cleared again to floor 6 with no issues.

I fell sorry for you guys, as a prot paladin (and I assume that all tanks) it was quite easy, no deaths yet. Though I can see that it will get noticably harder as more layers unlock and you get unlucky with anima powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Tanks always have it easy with everything baked in.

You have to have a little more skill to play a dps in those scenario.
    Havoc and hunters and dks and warriors and rogues say hi. What more skill? Anyway, all 3 layers both sides are easy atm with any class, if you struggle with floors, read the affixes and play properly and build around your weaknesses. As a mage, no matter which spec you should not struggle. If a caster boss kills you, interrupt the curse or you know, decurse yourself. Then the soul bolt or w/e the spell was does not do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    Havoc and hunters and dks and warriors and rogues say hi. What more skill? Anyway, all 3 layers both sides are easy atm with any class, if you struggle with floors, read the affixes and play properly and build around your weaknesses. As a mage, no matter which spec you should not struggle. If a caster boss kills you, interrupt the curse or you know, decurse yourself. Then the soul bolt or w/e the spell was does not do anything.
    Oh I had no issue with both side 3 floors, but it is far easier to do it as a tank or a melee with self-sustain which mage lacks or with a class with pet which mage does not have.

In fact, as for vision, mage is most probably the hardest class to do Thorghast solo.

So my experience is that as unholy i almost have no issues with any of the mobs but after layer 1 in each of the wings, the boss is overtuned for my spec. I had to resort to blood in order to beat the boss. This was while i was in the 145-155 ilvl range. Now that i'm higher i'll try it again.

Some guildmates were destroying it even with the last boss but they were 168-175.

Btw, this is different than what it was in beta prior to SL going live. In Beta, the powers were stronger, and the last boss wasn't as strong as they are now.

Oh I had no issue with both side 3 floors, but it is far easier to do it as a tank or a melee with self-sustain which mage lacks or with a class with pet which mage does not have.

In fact, as for vision, mage is most probably the hardest class to do Thorghast solo.
    Mages still have tons of tools to take care of Torghast, which will be very apparent as more wings and more layers unlock. It's not as easy as a tank or pet class, but the damage and powers you get as a mage can be really strong. Spellsteal is going to be very important considering the cooldown of Counterspell on some boss fights if solo. Considering what's open, issues as a mage are either a player skill issue or a gear issue.

People need to keep in mind that when Blizz did the beta stress test of Torghast, the premade characters were 140 ilvl for Layers 1-4 and 180 ilvl for Layers 5-8. It was indicated that Layer 1 was balanced around 140 ilvl, and Layer 4 around 180 ilvl, pushing further than that and you were starting to tackle Layers that are above the recommended ilvl. Assuming this holds true and is linear, Layer 3 on live is roughly tuned for 170 ilvl, aka full heroic dungeon gear or 2-times upgraded PvP gear. Can you do the levels while undergeared? Certainly, but you need to be able to play your class well. If you are fully heroic dungeon geared and struggling with Layer 3 Torghast right now, it's a player issue... doesn't make you a bad person, just means you need to figure out how to play better.

Worst case, do Torghast as a group, it's rather silly even with 2 people.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account

Frost has a pet...one that makes things trivial. As for sustain, there are literally tons of powers that give more healing or absorbs. Hell, I got lucky with Triune ward once and after that nothing could get through my barrier, even bosses.
    BfA Beta Time

Frost has a pet...one that makes things trivial. As for sustain, there are literally tons of powers that give more healing or absorbs. Hell, I got lucky with Triune ward once and after that nothing could get through my barrier, even bosses.
    Yes and frost has an easier time than fire or arcane.

I haven't had any major issues with Torghast yet, though I have to agree that the bosses feels a bit... Too unforgiving? Roguelikes, which Torghast is inspired from, has a lot more emphasis on dodging and keeping yourself from taking damage entirely, which Blizzard hasn't recepricated, which I find to be a shame. Just look at the boss fights in "Binding of Isaac," or "Hades," you can do the bosses without taking a single hit, which granted is not easy by all means, but I feel that element is missing from Torghast. Bosses should not be 90% about raw survivability.