Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Own or use? Use would be my hair cutter and my CRT-TV, both probably ~20 years. Own probably still some stuff in my moms attic from the 80ies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either an Atari or a SNES. Not sure if the Atari is still in my house or if my brother took it, but the SNES is definitely still here.

My mum has an old wooden radio, but it's hers, so IDK if that counts.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're talking oldest piece I own, it's probably an old MP3 player from the early 2000's. It hasn't been used for many years.

Oldest piece that I still use? A bunch of appliances like microwave, coffee maker etc from 2008. I moved out from my parents that year so I bought a lot of stuff that I still use today. I have a couple of HDD's in my server that are also from 2008 and still work perfectly fine, which is kind of amazing.

Although if I would go through all the sheds and storage spaces at my parents, I could probably dig up a bunch of stuff that are much older.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    My Amiga 500
    Still working like a cham
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a 1940s transistor radio, made out of wood, everything original, sounds like crap lol
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    I have a 1940s transistor radio, made out of wood, everything original, sounds like crap lol
    Are you sure about that? The transistor was invented in 1947 and the first transistor radios didn't appear until the early to mid 50's.

10+ Year Old Account
    My ringer clock, i have it since 93-94 not sure.

a chair, literally invented before the wheel...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me, Gameboy Color, SNES, N64. I still collect SNES games and gameboy games

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    a lever.

10 chars
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Either my original Playstation or N64, pretty sure I had the PS first.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    My brain, been around for eons
    That's exactly what I came here to say, lol

I still have my original Sega system. Not the Genesis, the one before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    i still have a DVD player and a Xbox , both must be 15 years old
    Electrical technology i assume.
    We have a ww2 era radio that still works and sees regular use, though it has naturally been updated with stuff over the years. Guy who did that for us was a hobbyist who is now several years dead.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

The very first iPhone was the only old tech worth saving.

We have a rule: if you haven't used something for a year or longer and it doesn't have decorative value, throw it out.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Home theater sound system.

I have a 5.1 hooked up to a Scarlett 2i2 that still runs. 15 years old and bruised on some of the speakers. (moth eaten and stuff). But hey, still works.

10+ Year Old Account
    A win95 computer in the basement somewhere

Not sure it works though.

I still use my Great-Great-Grandfather's Pocket Watch everyday. I wind it up every morning when I wake.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I still use my Great-Great-Grandfather's Pocket Watch everyday. I wind it up every morning when I wake.
    I was going to say the same thing. I have my father's watch. It's only from the 60s but thats the great thing about watches, they should be timeless (no pun intended). I have an Apple watch but I always hated how it feels disposable. It's going to be obsolete in a few years which goes against what I think a watch stands for.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lloose View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. I have my father's watch. It's only from the 60s but thats the great thing about watches, they should be timeless (no pun intended). I have an Apple watch but I always hated how it feels disposable. It's going to be obsolete in a few years which goes against what I think a watch stands for.
    Always good to keep "archaic devices", and the knowledge on how to use them alive. I've had week long power failures from time to time, like Superstorm Sandy that hit the East coast a couple of years ago, and Blizzard a few years ago. I've a go to of "old tech" for such occasions. French Press for coffee, Wood fireplace in the Living room, Kerosene Lamps, heck kept one lan line phone, because we don't always loose telephone lines when we lose power lines.