Thread: Torghast sucks

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Torghast sucks

- There's almost no variation in levels. Maybe they are random (I have not replayed them), but I grow tired of watching them.
    - The monsters are nothing special. You see them over and over again and they have the same abilities.
    - The buffs are nice and some are fun to use, but you start seeing them repeat very often.
    - The challenge. What challenge? Once I get my 1250 Soul Ash for the quest to see where it leads to, I won't be coming anytime soon, if ever (if not absolutely needed, but I'm a casual, so not gonna happen).

Blizzard took what everyone hated the most and made it a core part of the game - killing trash mobs for no reward.

15+ Year Old Account
    And yet there are those who enjoy it currently. We don't need a blog post that offers little discussion. Saying there is no challenge now is like saying the existence of LFR means that Mythic raiding has no challenge. You might not like it but don't confuse finding the existing layers easy as there being no challenge in the system.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You need soul ash to craft legendaries and Torghast has legendary ability recipes.

I replayed it on third layer and realized there's no recipe drop for me because it's weekly-gated(?).

Torghast is fun if you're doing it for the first few times. I couldn't do it on my alts...
    It feels like a Diablo copy. It's fine, but it's getting more generic and boring after first 3-4 runs.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-11-29 at 10:15 PM.

I thought it was a lot of fun when I did testing of it on Beta; I'm sure I will get bored of it once I've got my alt army all needing to do runs in there.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I'll be honest I've only done a couple of the levels so far, it really seemed nice to me

It's possible it's too easy for you OP, the increase is toughness should happen soon though so you can have a challenge

I see great potential for content in Torgast.

I think maybe once we've had first raid out for a few weeks they will make Torgast offer rewards / be an alternative gearing method?

If not, it is a complete waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    - There's almost no variation in levels. Maybe they are random (I have not replayed them), but I grow tired of watching them.
    - The monsters are nothing special. You see them over and over again and they have the same abilities.
    - The buffs are nice and some are fun to use, but you start seeing them repeat very often.
    - The challenge. What challenge? Once I get my 1250 Soul Ash for the quest to see where it leads to, I won't be coming anytime soon, if ever (if not absolutely needed, but I'm a casual, so not gonna happen).

Blizzard took what everyone hated the most and made it a core part of the game - killing trash mobs for no reward.
    What rewards do you get for killing trash in other forms of the game? Coins. Trash. Epics? Do you get showered in epics? No. It's trash You basically get nothing just like all of the other trash in the game. The reward is the soulash that you need to create your legendary for completing the levels. Just like every other end game content. If that is not what you are after then it's a very simple decision. Do something else with your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sativ View Post
    I see great potential for content in Torgast.

I think maybe once we've had first raid out for a few weeks they will make Torgast offer rewards / be an alternative gearing method?

If not, it is a complete waste of resources.
    I'm hoping blizz makes it a challenge kind of like the challenge modes or challenge tower or that mad world achieve in BFA

Would be nice to have something to work to etc

10+ Year Old Account
    How about reserving judgement on a heavily gated feature until we've seen how it plays out? This is an extremely harsh verdict on something that is clearly an integral part of the gearing progression due to its role in legendary acquisition. The runs I've done were pretty varied and quite entertaining. There were treasures to find, new companions for the adventures to unlock, bosses to fight and fun powers to explore. The challenge will come in higher layers.

Sadly, but I do agree with you here.

It is HUGE waste of time. And the fact that we're forced to do it if we want to get our "legendary" items (which are MUST for 99% of content in WOW) is RETARDED.

They should let us farm "whatever-the-currency name is" from dungeons, battlegrounds, etc, etc....

Why Blizzard canceled ANY sort of rewards from Battleground for past... 4+ years in the first place? (legion, bfa.... and now we got vendors BACK, finally)

Battlegrounds are like the CORE of World of Warcraft. Many people started playing just because of Battlegrounds. And they literally threw them away. Sad... sad...

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Sadly, but I do agree with you here.

It is HUGE waste of time. And the fact that we're forced to do it if we want to get our "legendary" items (which are MUST for 99% of content in WOW) is RETARDED.

They should let us farm "whatever-the-currency name is" from dungeons, battlegrounds, etc, etc....

Why Blizzard canceled ANY sort of rewards from Battleground for past... 4+ years in the first place? (legion, bfa.... and now we got vendors BACK, finally)

Battlegrounds are like the CORE of World of Warcraft. Many people started playing just because of Battlegrounds. And they literally threw them away. Sad... sad...
    People wanted player housing so they gave us garrisons

People wanted player power so they gave us island expeditions to increase our azerite/player power

Now they give us craftable legendaries and people are still mad

Im kidding btw, but its still funny

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    People wanted player housing so they gave us garrisons

People wanted player power so they gave us island expeditions to increase our azerite/player power

Now they give us craftable legendaries and people are still mad

Im kidding btw, but its still funny
    First of all, I don't care what "people" wanted.

I know what I want and what I find nice/funny/enjoyable/awesome....... poor/bad/blizzard-level

You can't connect "player power" to island expeditions. Not at all. But you can connect it to Legion Artifacts and BFA Neck.

I agree, it's pretty meh so far. I still hope that it's just the initial levels that suck, and once we unlock higher ones, it will all be amazing...

But yeah, mobs are the same all the time, bosses (at least the 5 I've killed so far) have no interesting abilities, and the procedurally generated areas suck. It's just the same hallways (and honestly, an embarrassingly small tile set) awkwardly strung together. This would of been iffy 8 years ago in an indie title... The rare times you get in to one of the manually crafted floors it actually gets somewhat interesting, but they are few and far between.

Let's see how the later floors will turn out, but so far I'm less than impressed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have been raiding since Vanilla.
    I remember every single raid and how it was cumbersome clearing all that fucking trash.
    Always wondered why the fuck is there even trash mobs in raids?
    And now they brought it as a core part of the game. Amazing.
    Someone said that devs said the game changed from being fun to keeping players occupied. No wonder devs quit!

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    - The challenge. What challenge?
    See you on layer 8.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    See you on layer 8.
    You do realize we'll have ~+60 ilvls difference then?

+ 2-3 conduits

+ covenant "talent tree" unlocked

+ 2-3 legendary effects

+ bis trinks/stats

+ consumables (lets be honest... who used them now?)

I thought this was a complaint against zone scaling..

this place is killing my computer. the fps is constant 10-20 because of all that fog, mist, steam etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure I'll get bored at some stage, but right now I can't wait to get home and play some Torghast. Once I get bored on my druid I'll level my rogue and do it on him with those class abilities. Then my DK. Then my mage, and so on. That seems to be enough variation for me.

Hopefully though they'll add new 'wings' or themes, or even more rooms on the existing wings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

I think Torghast is great. It's not mandatory enough to be a nuisance for most people. It's a system that can be easily built on. It's a roguelite which I personally enjoy a lot, and it's just there for fun. If you don't like Torghast, then be happy you don't have to do it all that much. I absolutely HATED visions of org/stormwind, and the dailies of 8.3 And guess what, you had to hard farm that shit, if you wanted to be a progressive, mythic raider. Dailies every day, visions every day, over and over... And visions don't even change, it has no randomness. It was the exact, same shit every day.