143,373 new cases; 1,216 deaths. The total is now 272,254.

I'm not bothering to look for records today because I don't really expect many if any. It's disappointing how far behind the testing and reporting gets with just one day off.

It really says a lot that even during the holiday with the huge amount of undercounts we're still breaking 100k new cases and 1k deaths. I'm not exactly sure when things will get back on track with testing and such. The last holiday messed things up for about a week so the numbers might not be reliable again until Wednesday or so. Tomorrow and Monday will be pretty garbage reporting as usual.

Related news:

US surpasses record 200K daily cases; virus numbers could be erratic after Thanksgiving, experts warn--Posting this for completeness. JH says we passed 200k cases on Friday but that's likely due to corrections/combined daily totals (as a reminder, worldometers usually spreads corrections out over previous days when data suggests it).

The country is 'rounding the corner into a calamity,' expert says, with Covid-19 deaths projected to double soon--Sick burn on Trump there.

Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi And Jon Stewart Team For Covid-19 Prevention Ad--A COVID-19 ad campaign I can get behind. "Wear a friggin' mask!"

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    One final grift. I would say that's pathetic but sadly lots of idiots will fall for it.
    It's such an abusive relationship they're in. Kinda funny when you think about it being a parable for Trump's ENTIRE LIFE.

Holy SHIT is this hilarious...

https://twitter.com/jadedcreative/st...682070530?s=20

Speechwriter's revolt or just coincidence?

I imagine everyone that's been involved in the Trump administration, from Pence on down, are currently working very hard to cover their own ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Speechwriter's revolt or just coincidence?
    Funny as hell, but edited video.

- - - Updated - - -

Kushner travels to the Middle East to resolve the Saudi/Qatar dispute.

Hmm. Hasn't had enough of failing I see. Or, maybe he'll (uncharacteristically) succeed, a month after such a success would have been useful. Again, too little too late, more so if this attempt, like all his others, fails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Funny as hell, but edited video.

- - - Updated - - -

Kushner travels to the Middle East to resolve the Saudi/Qatar dispute.

Hmm. Hasn't had enough of failing I see. Or, maybe he'll (uncharacteristically) succeed, a month after such a success would have been useful. Again, too little too late, more so if this attempt, like all his others, fails.
    in that vein, has there been any blowback from the UAE since congress (yes including the GOP) is out to block the weapons bribes for "peace" sales?
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    in that vein, has there been any blowback from the UAE since congress (yes including the GOP) is out to block the weapons bribes for "peace" sales?
    I have seen no new developments.

138,188 new cases; 819 deaths. The total is now 273,072. Even given that numbers are still going to be off and it's a Sunday, these aren't good. They're slightly lower than what they were last Sunday, but testing and reporting haven't gone back up to normal levels since the holiday so I'm not going to jump the gun and claim we're on the back half of the curve.

Once again I'm not going to go hunting for records because I'm not expecting any. Tomorrow will likely be about the same and by Tuesday or Wednesday reporting should be back to some semblance of normal. Then we'll be able to see where we are with a bit more clarity. I'm not looking forward to it.

Related news:

How state health departments might receive Biden's COVID plans--Biden's going to have an uphill battle trying to get Governors (and Trumptard supporters) who drank Trump's Kool-Aid to help get this under control, but he's still going to make the effort--which is more than Trump ever did.

Oregon mink farm has COVID-19 outbreak after advocates warned of danger in state--Thankfully, the mink appear to have survived. Poor little bastards.

Here's who's on Joe Biden's Covid-19 advisory board--Pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but just knowing these people are going to be taking over soon-ish takes a little of the stress off my shoulders.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    138,188 new cases; 819 deaths. The total is now 273,072. Even given that numbers are still going to be off and it's a Sunday, these aren't good. They're slightly lower than what they were last Sunday, but testing and reporting haven't gone back up to normal levels since the holiday so I'm not going to jump the gun and claim we're on the back half of the curve.

Once again I'm not going to go hunting for records because I'm not expecting any. Tomorrow will likely be about the same and by Tuesday or Wednesday reporting should be back to some semblance of normal. Then we'll be able to see where we are with a bit more clarity. I'm not looking forward to it.

Related news:

How state health departments might receive Biden's COVID plans--Biden's going to have an uphill battle trying to get Governors (and Trumptard supporters) who drank Trump's Kool-Aid to help get this under control, but he's still going to make the effort--which is more than Trump ever did.

Oregon mink farm has COVID-19 outbreak after advocates warned of danger in state--Thankfully, the mink appear to have survived. Poor little bastards.

Here's who's on Joe Biden's Covid-19 advisory board--Pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but just knowing these people are going to be taking over soon-ish takes a little of the stress off my shoulders.

Stay safe, folks.
    What? Medical professionals with years of both practice and policy experience? Why haven't any of Biden's close family members been appointed to these boards? Why aren't his close donors being appointed to critical infrastructure roles? Is this any way to run a presidency?!

yet another reason to laugh off anyone claiming "both sides" about anything Trump-Biden related. Biden will actually fill positions with people qualified to do them. And to the, as you noted 270,000, people who lost their lives Trump's utter incompetence and nepotism wasn't some simple "game of political intrigue."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden's going to have an uphill battle trying to get Governors (and Trumptard supporters) who drank Trump's Kool-Aid to help get this under control, but he's still going to make the effort--which is more than Trump ever did.
    He's going to have an even harder time with the nurgle cultists now occupying courts and insisting that their plague spreading religions are above the law.

https://apnews.com/article/kentucky-...733c8a016b3552

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    What? Medical professionals with years of both practice and policy experience? Why haven't any of Biden's close family members been appointed to these boards? Why aren't his close donors being appointed to critical infrastructure roles? Is this any way to run a presidency?!

yet another reason to laugh off anyone claiming "both sides" about anything Trump-Biden related. Biden will actually fill positions with people qualified to do them. And to the, as you noted 270,000, people who lost their lives Trump's utter incompetence and nepotism wasn't some simple "game of political intrigue."
    Whoever heard of using qualified people who are experts in their field. Everyone knows that choosing family and high paying donors to fill the position is the right way to go. I mean look at how Trump's administration has dealt with the Covid pandemic. If Trump had qualified experts then the death toll for America would be 1 trillion people like totally over half the U.S. population. So only 273,000 people dying is showing how super amazing Trump and his administration are.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The issue is not mink dying from corona virus, the issue is the virus mutating in mink and potentially becoming a new variant for which vaccines are inefficient for humans

Edit: A recent article about the Danish mink culling that may vaguely mention it
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54818615

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Trump is sending these messages to people. lmao.
    THis look so similar to the emails to those scam emails/ransom ware etc that it's kind of disturbing that somebody from a campaign came up this. I mean based on the content itself I believe this should just go directly to the spam folder but hey, I don't want to kink shame people.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    The issue is not mink dying from corona virus, the issue is the virus mutating in mink and potentially becoming a new variant for which vaccines are inefficient for humans

Edit: A recent article about the Danish mink culling that may vaguely mention it
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54818615
    Yes, I know. I've read several articles about it. I still don't want them slaughtered.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    THis look so similar to the emails to those scam emails/ransom ware etc that it's kind of disturbing that somebody from a campaign came up this. I mean based on the content itself I believe this should just go directly to the spam folder but hey, I don't want to kink shame people.
    I honestly thought the post was about scammers using the election to make money when I read his post :O.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old man yells at passing cloud, I mean, Trump tweets about 60 Minutes most recent interview.

"Oh, the one he walked out of?"

No no, the one with Krebs. His head of "the cyber" that said this was the most secure election in history...for which, Trump fired him.

"What did he say that was such a problem?"

Our 2020 Election, from poorly rated Dominion to a Country FLOODED with unaccounted for Mail-In ballots, was probably our least secure EVER!
    "Sorry, I meant, what did Krebs say that was such a problem?"

We did a good job. We did it right. I'd do it a thousand times over

Another rat fleeing the sinking ship.

FCC Chairman Ajit Pai will step down on January 20

Pretty sure his only role in the administration was to get Net Neutrality killed off and entertain Trump's notions on Section 230. Not surprising he already understands his ass won't be wanted in the Biden admin.

Another rat fleeing the sinking ship.

FCC Chairman Ajit Pai will step down on January 20

Pretty sure his only role in the administration was to get Net Neutrality killed off and entertain Trump's notions on Section 230. Not surprising he already understands his ass won't be wanted in the Biden admin.
    Not really fleeing...that's when his job ends and a new FCC chair is appointed by the incoming administration.

I just hope nothing happens to his stupidly oversized, "quirky", giant mug on his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not really fleeing...that's when his job ends and a new FCC chair is appointed by the incoming administration.
    Most people in such positions stick around until they're officially replaced, though.

Still. Not in the least bit sorry to see him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I just hope nothing happens to his stupidly oversized, "quirky", giant mug on his way out.
    Considering his term isn't up until the middle of 2021, I'm going to stand by my original statement.