Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Creedo View Post
    Yea I have done a bunch of randoms so far and I have been asking if we can just take it "chill" instead of running through it. The response is always so toxic or "gg noob why would I want to waste 20 mins". Dungeons used to be a fun small time sink (think Classic) that might take 30-45 to complete. I didn't really notice the speed running in Wotlk until the end when the new dungeons appeared for ICC. Cata made people slow down since they were hard on release, but yea the "speed run" everything even on Xpac release is frustrating when you want to learn/look and enjoy it.
    When the majority in the groups have read that you write "chill" they probably read is as "I am a bad player" and react accordingly.
    In an automated grouping system you either go with the majority or you have to man up and make your own groups with like-minded people.

Blizzard clearly states that the majority in the group is always right:

"Groups are empowered to manage their own members through the vote-kick system. If the majority of the group feels a player should be removed, they can initiate a vote-kick to remove them. The system is entirely under the control of our players. Players may choose to remove any other player from the group for any reason, provided the vote to kick passes." (My bolding)

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/52363

Remember that you might feel that you have the right to demand that other people play at your pace, but the 4 others in the group also feel that they have the right to demand that you play at their pace. At the end of the day the majority wins as they can kick the minority

10+ Year Old Account
    You might want to enjoy the scenery the first time you run a dungeon, but chances are high the other 4 in your group have seen the place a bunch of times and just focus on completing it efficiently.

Tank was my first alt to hit 60 via Threads of Fate levelling = dungeon spam. Doing Plaguefall for the 8th time in a row sure wears off the novelty so yeah I picked up the pace, skipped what I could and double/tripple pulled all the packs.

Healer has mana means go, trash dies fast means pull more trash. If you want a guided tour with commentary you really have to be the tank yourself or make a ‘chill run’ group.

I don't mind going fast in a normal dungeon, but when i join a dungeon and have 0% mana after spec switch (as I quest as feral and do dungeons as resto) it would be nice if the tank didn't rush off and pull half the dungeon before my mana was at least half way.
    Going fast is not a problem, going fast without paying attention to whether your team is ready or not is just suicidal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I’m so sick of it. The toxic fucking m+ gogoggo mindset has ruined all forms of group content in this game. Now I can’t even enjoy a freaking NORMAL dungeon without the tank using m+ routes and going AS UBERWTTTDBBBQQQQ FAST AS POSSIBILE.

God don’t people just fuckijg do shit to enjoy it? Don’t people enjoy the environments in games anymore? Must everything be a means to an end, which must come as fast as possible because I NEED MY REWARD RN?

I haven’t ran a single normal dungeon where the tank wasn’t on fucking coke
    Recently, running Mythic+0 people don't rush stuff. After a wipe we discuss what went wrong and what could be improved.

I guess I don't have that "rush" mentality as a tank. Then again, I haven't seen that attitude in DPS/Healers either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xlord View Post
    I don't mind going fast in a normal dungeon, but when i join a dungeon and have 0% mana after spec switch (as I quest as feral and do dungeons as resto) it would be nice if the tank didn't rush off and pull half the dungeon before my mana was at least half way
    Just let them die and then say you were OOM

I’m so sick of it. The toxic fucking m+ gogoggo mindset has ruined all forms of group content in this game. Now I can’t even enjoy a freaking NORMAL dungeon without the tank using m+ routes and going AS UBERWTTTDBBBQQQQ FAST AS POSSIBILE.

God don’t people just fuckijg do shit to enjoy it? Don’t people enjoy the environments in games anymore? Must everything be a means to an end, which must come as fast as possible because I NEED MY REWARD RN?

Yeah I couldn't agree more.

The first dungeon I went (Necrotic Wake) everyone was in a rush, despite me saying it's my first run and I was the Tank. People were rushing and pulling for me.
    No deaths, or anything, but it pissed me off... I didn't enjoy the run, it was stressful. I don't understand why people are in such a hurry all the time.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the m+ mentality extended to more dps using cc, stuns, interrupts etc during trash and the tank being mindful of the healers mana because I've had such a strange healing experience during hc & M0 dungeons so far where the bosses feel easy but the trash pulls are stressful.
    Last edited by Aurora; 2020-11-30 at 08:37 AM.

start of an xpac is the only period wanabee "HL players" can say they are on top of progress.... " I WONT FALL BEHIND DIS TIME"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I remember in BC, it took me until almost the very end the expansion to clear Magister's Terrace with a PuG...for the sole reason of the last trash group before Kael'thas. I miss that. When you stopped before every pull, CC'd the most dangerous, LoS the ranged mobs, wait for pats to go through...
    i tanked as a bear during bc and boy that last fucking dungeon pack was harder than the entire dungeon itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see some stats on how often people actually play with friends.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

what exactly do you want them to do? pull one mob at a time? use cc on every trash pull? spend ages looking around, taking in the scenery? you go in, clear the dungeon, and get out. that is how dungeons are run. get used to it or go make your own group.

also, you think tanks on coke are bad wait til you come across one on pepsi

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I'd love to see some stats on how often people actually play with friends.
    In anything below mythic+? Probably not that often. Once you hit mythic + it probably spikes up and accelerates the higher you go. I'd say raiding is much the same way except the ramp up probably starts at normal.

OP I get the sentiment, but unless you join a group of buddies with the same frame of mind its not going to happen. The way we enjoyed things is from an era that will never return. Blizzard saw it early on as a problem, they tried to correct it with the Cata 5 mans but ultimately were unwilling to stick to their guns. Unless they are willing to ramp up difficulty and deal with the loss of subs until things reset the speed run culture is here to stay.

Dungeons are made with this in mind these days, they're not long, hour long experiences. You want to experience a dungeon? Take in the sights? Beat the dungeon then go walk through it yourself. I think this is the first set of dungeons that are all really well paced from the trash to the bosses. The biggest issue with "go go go" is when it's done with a bad healer, with DPS that can't DPS, or people who can't hit a stun/don't even have their interrupt hotkeyed.

It's funny how rathe than have these people be an example of how to value your time and be efficient, it's labelled by bad players as "WHY UGO FAST?"
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    What do you want the tank to do, RP walk around so people can look at the trees?
    I mean you joke, but I'd much rather meet a player/tank with a sense of humour and an ounce of creativity than another try hard crybaby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell would you want to spend more time in a normal dungeon? the loot is trivial.

Yesterday I joined a random group and we had 2 unholy dks, dicked out in BFA Bis gear. They just ran around pulling everything and mowing it down, I had like a tenth of their damage done, so I just started offhealing so they could pull more and dropping Power Infusion on them. Not gonna lie I enjoyed that they made the run as fast as possible, since the previous group tended to just stand and wait for no reason a few times (Sometimes for mana, sometimes for no reason) in the run to the point where I just started to alt tab. and from my casual healing experiences, I never asked for a mana break, I just do it whenever I can.

@OP accept that there are people with different mindsets.
    Back when I was playing a blood DK (Wotlk-WoD) even if there was no timer, I'd still push myself to the limit to see just how much I can handle at once or how fast can I clear this specific dungeon?
    We don't care about how everything looks or what the npcs are saying, and what responses you're getting now are the exact same to what Ill be getting if I wanted a faster run from slow groups.
    Last edited by CylomDashti; 2020-11-30 at 09:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Why the hell would you want to spend more time in a normal dungeon? the loot is trivial.
    Is it so impossible for you to comprehend that some people play games for the sights, sounds, and EXPERIENCE? That not everything is about the fucking reward you fucking dopamine addicted sheep

Look at the threads being opened, OP.

People complain on their first week into an expansion because they aren't growing in power, because loot isn't meaningful, because they are not getting powerful gear.

On the first week.

Just find some lads that think alike and build your experience around that core. I know I did, and that's why I seldom run pugs or make my own.

Some people enjoy efficiency

Is it so impossible for you to comprehend that some people play games for the sights, sounds, and EXPERIENCE? That not everything is about the fucking reward you fucking dopamine addicted sheep
    Is it so impossible for you to understand that some people, maybe even the majority, plays the game in a different way that you do?
    And if you are the minority what are you gonna do about it? Try to votekick the fast players? Who do you think is going to get the kick first? You or them?

Eidt: And if you use the same language in a dungeon then I can't blame the rest of the group of not listening to you at all.
    Edit 2: And the OP was banned for his "cultured", "calm" and "collected" way of arguing the advantages of taking it slow, easy and inclusive. omgalul
    Last edited by T-34; 2020-11-30 at 09:40 AM.

Yeah, I tend to follow the group blindly, DPSing whatever's health seems to be dropping and when I get the achievement for finishing the dungeon and everyone leaves (1 second after finishing), I go back through the dungeon and actually look at the scenery, the map, the other mobs, etc. They go so fast, I really have no idea where we are or what we are doing, so that's the only way to get a feel for the place.