Thread: Oribos is awful

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    lol wtf are you talking about? This is the coolest/best looking zone ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    Oribos is Orible.
    I have to write that down.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    I mean... What did you expect, it's the place where souls go to get sorted.

Heaven is bastion.
    Maw is hell.
    And everything else is just in the middle.

Oribos isn't meant to be done great party house
    Eh, I'd say Maldraxxus, Ardenweald and Bastion are "heaven". Maldraxxus seems to be kind of the "valhalla" kind of heaven if one loves fighting and war.

Maw is hell, yes, but Revendreth is purgatory.

As many others have said - it is the arbitrary mount restrictions/lack of speed buff as the biggest issue.
    City itself is fine and I have no real complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Boralus was a dump. Oribos is far superior.
    We'll have to agree to disagree over that, but don't worry, we can still be friends.

edit: someone in the thread described Oribos as a lawful neutral waystation. I like that description; that's what it is. A motorway service station where you briefly stop off on your journey to have a pee, buy a bag of toffees and eat a terrible, overpriced burger.
    Last edited by oldgeezer; 2020-11-29 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Athredas View Post
    You just summed up Shadowlands in a single sentence
    I am feeling this way the more and more I try to play this xpac. I always resub for a new pack, and normally I get a month or so into the endgame before I give up and find a more entertaining game to play.

Why oh why did they put Bastion first in the linear path? I STG just being there puts me to sleep, I can't do the quests at all, 10 minutes in and my eyes are closing. It's just dull asf.

I hope the other 3 zones are a little bit more interesting, because so far I'm pretty let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You couldn't mount in shrine
    Exactly. If there are so many zones where you can't mount up, then at least give us something like this. But personally i would reather like to see more riding-zones in Oribos. The issue is especially there since you can't see where the riding-spaces are and the non-riding on; since everything is inside

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Oribos has potential, but it can't be called a city in its current state. If it were called "the Eternal Temple" or something and if it weren't marketed as a gathering point for all sorts of traders then I would be much more lenient.

As for past expansions. Shattrath, both Dalarans, updated Orgrimmar and Stormwind were all believable cities. MoP shrines were just that, shrines, but even they had much more going on to them than Oribos in terms of NPC activity. WoD hubs were temporary military outposts so, while still a disappointment, they played their role just fine.

This is a consequence of targeting your product at as large an audience as possible. People tend to have different mindsets, different values and interests, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I dislike Oribos because I prefer to have proper RPG elements in my MMORPGs. The hub may be efficient from a gameplay perspective, but it's not a city or a center of trade activity as it was marketed to be. If anything, Oribos is a hollow temple infested with a group of traders who didn't even have any customers there prior to our arrival.
    it was never "marketed" as a center of trade. It's the literal hub for all the souls in the universe, what market do you need there? LMAO one of the 1st quests in Oribos literally tells you that the brokers set up shops FOR US, nothing else.
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

I like Oribos because the layout is simple (the big circle like Ironforge and Dalaran.) While Boralus and Dazar'alor where certainly much more fleshed out cities, both were a pain to get around and find anything in (especially Dazar'alor before flying mounts). Even after two years, I was still asking guards for directions for things I didn't use on a regular basis. Anyway, with the Covenant halls, a central hub city isn't as important anyway. Once I hit max level I've spent little time in Oribos except for using that travel hub and an occaisonal visit to the profession trainers.

Overall I like Oribos and find it so much easier to navigate than Boralus was, in terms of learning where things are.
    The no mount thing is indeed very annoying though, and is a huge minus.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    it was never "marketed" as a center of trade. It's the literal hub for all the souls in the universe, what market do you need there? LMAO one of the 1st quests in Oribos literally tells you that the brokers set up shops FOR US, nothing else.

Yes, it was.

Its bad enough not being able to mount in throgast, but in the main city aswell? Thats annoying af.

Also, whos brilliant idea was it to place the mailbox so fucking far away from the auciton house?

Ah well, we have mvp players with long boi standing next to the mailbox solving the problems but still...
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    I like it.. simple and easy to navigate in. My game experience isnt taking place in the major cities anyways.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    You linked a video of more than 1 year ago, they clearly retconned it. Like I said, literally one of the first quests after leaving the Maw they Oribos dude tells you the brokers have set up shop for us, not for anyone else
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    You linked a video of more than 1 year ago, they clearly retconned it. Like I said, literally one of the first quests after leaving the Maw they Oribos dude tells you the brokers have set up shop for us, not for anyone else
    OK but they did market it as a trade hub lol

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a simple layout, has everything you need and it's really just a midway point between your covenant and your destination. I really don't see a problem with it. In a lot of ways it reminds me of Shattrath and Dalaran. What do you really need out of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    It really doesn't need two levels, and the FPs in and out are unnecessarily long. For somewhere you don't spend much time, you still manage to waste an awful lot of time just passing through.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh. It fullfills its purpose just fine

Not as grandiose as Dazar'Alor or Suramar, but thats not the point
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

The ambient loop in Oribos has this faint humming noise that makes it sound like some type of machine is running outside my apartment. It's driving me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dervrak View Post
    I like Oribos because the layout is simple (the big circle like Ironforge and Dalaran.) While Boralus and Dazar'alor where certainly much more fleshed out cities, both were a pain to get around and find anything in (especially Dazar'alor before flying mounts). Even after two years, I was still asking guards for directions for things I didn't use on a regular basis. Anyway, with the Covenant halls, a central hub city isn't as important anyway. Once I hit max level I've spent little time in Oribos except for using that travel hub and an occaisonal visit to the profession trainers.
    I had my hearthstone set to the Dazar'alor harbor and then just used the Legion Dalaran hearthstone to reach banks and other city services cause that was far more convenient than flying all the way between the harbor and the main ziggurat.
    Last edited by Lazy Gecko; 2020-11-30 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ever since Shattrath (aka Shit rath..har har) - I guess this must rather be version 7.0 or so
    The proper term of endearment is Shattrash.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet