Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Horde needs 30% WM, overrun by alliance

I don't understand whats the logic behind alliance getting 30% even tho they are swarming WM right now. It's like 80%-20% alliance horde ratio in WM and they get 30% bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I don't understand whats the logic behind alliance getting 30% even tho they are swarming WM right now. It's like 80%-20% alliance horde ratio in WM and they get 30% bonus.
    Your feeling ≠ reality. I'm pretty sure if you play alliance, you see exactly the same. And blizzard itself have the correct numbers, so nope, there are not more alliance than horde in Warmode.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Your feeling ≠ reality. I'm pretty sure if you play alliance, you see exactly the same. And blizzard itself have the correct numbers, so nope, there are not more alliance than horde in Warmode.
    No it's not the same. There have many evidence here in mmo-champion https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...buff-is-a-joke

The %reward is based on overall WM participants in the region iirc.

That still means you can get a bad balanced shard or get overrun by a alliance group/raid.

I'm Horde and so far i only had 3 bad experiences since launch (not bad for 25 invested hours so far), the 10%bonus and pvp talents outweigh that by far in terms of time efficiency for me.

Also: i pity alliance, just look at their M+ participation and hall of fame to understand in what state that faction is (at the top end!), they can have a 50% buff for all i care, we will still have a better time recruiting and getting into M+ pugs.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2020-11-30 at 09:44 AM.

wm is basically dead since anima = not relevent to power= nobody using it
    also in the maw nobody wants to even risk losing stygia

its just a small exp buff to use while leveling if your horde, or a big one if aliance but no realy relevent as it was in bfa

There have many evidence here in mmo-champion
    Nice "evidence". Make a counter-gank group or turn WM off. I guess you expected 10% buff for 0 inconvenience?

Depends a lot on realm I think. Didn't see either one too overwhelmingly, a lot more alliance at parts though. Turned it off after seeing Alliance dominating Maw.

Still the rewards at 60 are useless anyway. Even for 30% extra gold or anima from wqs? Who cares? World Quests give barely anything anyway. I am jealous of the 30% levelling xp though.

No it's not the same. There have many evidence here in mmo-champion https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...buff-is-a-joke
    That’s not evidence. That’s just people telling about their personal experiences like you. The 30% Alliance buff is based on the actual participation numbers which are more valid than how you “feel” it is.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-11-30 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post

its just a small exp buff to use while leveling if your horde, or a big one if aliance but no realy relevent as it was in bfa
    Is warmode even a thing in the maw? I thought it was somehow disabled there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    That’s not evidence. That’s just people telling about their personal experiences like you. The 30% Alliance buff is based on the actual participation number which are more valid than how you “feel” it is.
    Thanks for pointing it out for me. I saw there (back then when i read it) no evidence, but again a feeling of people with incorrect numbers. But actual evidence, nope! (and didn't read it for a while, so it could have changed, but i don't think so)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    The %reward is based on overall WM participants in the region iirc.

That still means you can get a bad balanced shard or get overrun by a alliance group/raid.

I'm Horde and so far i only had 3 bad experiences since launch (not bad for 25 invested hours so far), the 10%bonus and pvp talents outweigh that by far in terms of time efficiency for me.
    This is correct. The % takes the entire region into consideration, as in EU, NA...

What has to be said though is that AFAIK only realms with the same language will be grouped together and normal/RP are separated too.
    This means that even though the % is based on the region, the actual war mode "shards" are set by the language and realm type.

In the case of english eu RP realms (Argent Dawn, Defias Brotherhood...) this means that Alliance gets the 30% bonus, while it is dominating the WM population (not by too much that it's unplayable) so that the WM bonus is totally unjustified and kind of a cheat even. I am not sure how the situation is on normal realms, but I am pretty sure that german speaking realms have a clear horde majority in WM, so the 30% for alliance is justified, but it definitely isn't on russian and most likely neither on normal english eu realms.

Really what Blizz should have done is apply the WM buff on a language/realm type basis as that is the way how blizz is grouping players together.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Nice "evidence". Make a counter-gank group or turn WM off. I guess you expected 10% buff for 0 inconvenience?
    So you leave the other half of the population with a 30% and no inconvenience?
    Am I, as a customer, less valuable than the other because I can actually be inconvenienced by a slower leveling experience, lower world currency gains and eventual PvP griefing en masse if I decide to activate war mode?

Because at the time of writing, war mode is an inconvenience for Horde alone. Since launch, the outskirts of Ven'ari hideout have been littered by Alliance gank squads with little to no retortion from the Horde due to thinner numbers. The situation is more bearable in the morning or late at night. And as much as I enjoy PvP and outnumbered fights, the amount of straight up griefers who wait for odds to be 3:1 really makes you think.

The days of war mode needing to be incentivised are over. Bonuses being equalized to 10% or 30% would be the right move.

Going on a slight tangent, the leaderboards are of extreme interest to me. Alliance has overall stronger racials on paper, but the playerbase is staying mostly Horde.
    Guess it comes down to communities and quality of the aforementioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play on the US RP shard, and it's the same. Alliance swarming here. Thanks Moon Guard.

I have a better solution:

Stop trying to incentivize players into PVP with extreme PVE bonuses. Move "PVP" talents into the regular talent rows(that haven't gotten any additions for like 3 expansions) without any gates or qualifiers, take away the Warmode bonus, and let the people who ACTUALLY want to PVP engage with it because they truly like it.

Either that, or create a "Hard Mode" PVE setting that enables the warmode bonuses and talents, but gives all open world content more hitpoints and damage, and let PVE players choose their challenge level.

Because right now the entire concept of "war mode" is just broken awful. It's nothing but roaming raids ganking people trying to quest with bonus EXP. There's no actual pvp going on. No objectives to fight over and control. No resources. Just griefing and corpse camping. Why is THAT what Blizzard wants to promote for open world PVP?

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    Depends a lot on realm I think. Didn't see either one too overwhelmingly, a lot more alliance at parts though. Turned it off after seeing Alliance dominating Maw.
    I'm on horde favored realm and we are still getting overrun.

Well, on the realm I play on the horde is dominating the alliance in all zones except in the Maw where there are somehow every single time 4 times more alliance than horde there.
    Seems to be some kind of "hell" thing, because funnily in Legion in that tiny Helheim zone it was the same, everytime you would join an alliance dominated shard when entering there while in the rest of the world you hardly found any alliance (including the PVP worldquests...).

Just a feeling. I play horde with WM on and i think i have seen 5 alliance players since release.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post

The maw is the prime place to get your weekly 25hks as ally xD Gotta hit em where it hurts!

But yeah the 30% buff doesnt rly do much now with both war resources and azerite power gone and anima power being kinda useless as far as i can tell (if theres something awesome i can get from covenant upgrades please anyone do correct me, id love to have some new goals to set for my chars).

Warmode is now rly only for the ppl who wants to kill enemy players, the way it should be.

Only leveling is still a place where ppl who doesnt want to pvp "feel forced" to use it.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2020-11-30 at 10:32 AM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

OP most likely plays on RP realm. RP realms are vastly overpopulated by the alliance, and war mode only shards RP players with other RP players.

War mode exp/gold buff is determined by global population however.

10+ Year Old Account
    every single time i go to the maw on my server the alliance is in massive swarms immediately outside of the safe zone camping people.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    every single time i go to the maw on my server the alliance is in massive swarms immediately outside of the safe zone camping people.
    This is also true. I think Blizzard needs to re-evaluate the WM rewards. Horde isn't the dominating faction anymore after SL launch. At least not in PvP servers or WM on.

In MDI everyone was already playing alliance.