Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah zerging normal dungeons is pretty lame. Actually it's the reason I don't do dungeons at all while I level.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Have you considered that you are a minority? That it might be the case that the majority actually enjoys to do dungeons as fast as possible?
    I mean when I read "chill", "take it easy" then I read it as "bad", "unskilled", "not respectful of other people's time".
    Maybe you are the minority

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I’m so sick of it. The toxic fucking m+ gogoggo mindset has ruined all forms of group content in this game. Now I can’t even enjoy a freaking NORMAL dungeon without the tank using m+ routes and going AS UBERWTTTDBBBQQQQ FAST AS POSSIBILE.

God don’t people just fuckijg do shit to enjoy it? Don’t people enjoy the environments in games anymore? Must everything be a means to an end, which must come as fast as possible because I NEED MY REWARD RN?

I haven’t ran a single normal dungeon where the tank wasn’t on fucking coke
    make your own group if you want to go wheelchair mode

At the end of the day I think if you want a different dungeon pace then you should make your own group with clear expectations set and make sure everyone is on board. Otherwise... be respectful of everyone's time? Not that much to ask - people want to get in and out because maybe just maybe time is important to them and they want to allocate more of it to other aspects of the game or something else entirely. It seems majority value their time a certain way but you will find people like yourself, OP, and you should befriend them and run content with them.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Maybe you are the minority
    That might be, but I never throw hissy fits in dungeons or go crying on forums that people play to slow.
    And if I get put in to a group where my view of the game is clearly in the minority I don't demand that the majority should play how I want. I either accept it or leave the group. I dare say that I play the game in an adult manner, not like a small child like the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind people going fast. What I do mind are assholes rage quitting after a handful of wipes when the group is still making steady progress. It's literally week 1 and people are leaving dungeons as if we're months deep into the content and people should know the mechanics. Been screwed out of Mythic lockouts because of selfish assholes.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Have you considered that you are a minority? That it might be the case that the majority actually enjoys to do dungeons as fast as possible?
    I mean when I read "chill", "take it easy" then I read it as "bad", "unskilled", "not respectful of other people's time".
    This is wrong on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I don't mind people going fast. What I do mind are assholes rage quitting after a handful of wipes when the group is still making steady progress. It's literally week 1 and people are leaving dungeons as if we're months deep into the content and people should know the mechanics. Been screwed out of Mythic lockouts because of selfish assholes.
    Yeah that's the only thing that tilts me personally, although honestly this time in SL I only had this experience with 1 mythic group and all the other dungeons went fine and the people were pretty chill.

In that 1 bad dungeon we however made it till the end. The 2 toxic players were the healer and a mage dps. The healer was actually responsible for the wipes (he died on his own for not healing himself and standing in fire and ofc the whole group died) and the mage dps was pulling mobs ahead of the tank even though the tank was going already very fast.

But overall, it was all fine. I expect people to become unforgiving in week 2 tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    You try to play as a tank and go slowly. You'll get both DPS, and healers yelling at you that you can pull more/faster, or just doing it themselves.

Another side of this is that some players may be on their 2nd/3rd character, and trying to quickly get through to go onto mythics before the reset.
    Whenever I'm tanking on an alt and someone doesn't like the normal pace I like to go (not daydreaming, but not ADHD either), I tend not to pay attention to DPS'ers who pull on their own or people yelling. If I happen to get mobs off of them without making extra effort, good for them. If they see it best to kick me, more power to them. If they decide to stay and whine, they are more than welcome to. If they decide to leave, it won't affect me.

The pathetic thing about this kind of players is, that THEY are the one that wine the most...

I also don't like the whole "GOGOGOGO" mindset, and even tho M+ can be interesting, when the idea was presented before Legion, I was very excited to just get a harder version of dungeons, making them relevant all around. But then it became just the timed content.
    I do like timed content, like I would not mind some quests being timed. I do not like it as much to this degree. I'd rather want slower, more methodical content than "GGOOGOGGO". Like actually having to CC and whatever (tho if we see the classic example, that was never actually necessary :P) and even wipe, wiping has become such a "NONONONOONO" that if it happens, ppl just leave, no one wants to try and overcome anymore... well, except Mythic raiders ofc...

But then again OP, we cannot decide how ppl should enjoy the content. I always find it weird that ppl just accept the quests and go on their way the first time they do it, not reading the text or listening to the dialogue. Just because I don't understand how the hell they can enjoy such content without the story and context, doesn't mean they're wrong.
    Last edited by Zorgulon; 2020-11-30 at 10:22 AM.

I’m so sick of it. The toxic fucking m+ gogoggo mindset has ruined all forms of group content in this game. Now I can’t even enjoy a freaking NORMAL dungeon without the tank using m+ routes and going AS UBERWTTTDBBBQQQQ FAST AS POSSIBILE.

God don’t people just fuckijg do shit to enjoy it? Don’t people enjoy the environments in games anymore? Must everything be a means to an end, which must come as fast as possible because I NEED MY REWARD RN?

I like to see the dungeons too but only for the FIRST time. Like leveling ... i`ll complete all quests with my first char and never do that again with alts (unless different faction). It`s fun once but i get bored the second time. Same goes for dungeons, after i see them once then i`ll speed run the shit out of them

Speed runs = improved gameplay = better reflex = more dungeons = more loot

Is it so impossible for you to comprehend that some people play games for the sights, sounds, and EXPERIENCE? That not everything is about the fucking reward you fucking dopamine addicted sheep
    Not when you're going to be seeing, hearing and experiencing it hundreds (?) of times over. I get not liking the cokehead tanks, I dislike them as well. They often result in more wipes and pulling unnecessary trash than if they were to just look forward and kill what's in the way group by group. But slow tanks that try to pull groups around corners with....every .. single .. trash .. group .. are a ton worse. They both suck though, both are incapable of understanding they're the problem and they're just wasting everyone's time in the end.

The only choices i see are tank dungeons yourself so you can set the pace, or don't complain during LFD, or play with guildies/friends only.
    I'm a thread killer.

this thread made me reach out to my old time friend, and he's still 54, so we can level and have fun together
    thank you
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

i know the problem , i also stay away from random groups and only do dungeons if i have enough friends online , the problemn started in outland when were level 70 The Underbog was ths 1st dungeon where i noticed this issue. So far i haven't done any dungeons at all in shadowland except thorgest .
    most of my friends are unable to login when they come home from work [ draenor-EU].

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    As many others have said - the community is the issue with WoW, not the game.

Nothing can be done about it OP ... I play most of the game solo because there is little room for enjoyment in group play.
    only evidence needed for this is to look at classic, how everyone before was talking about the amazing levling experience in vanilla and the journey not the end, but in classic everyone was spamming 4 mage 1 warrior dungeons for 18/hours day just to get max level

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Blizzard can implement a reconnaissance mode when you enter a dungeon for the first time. With 4 npcs fitting the other roles. That way you can take your time first time you're in. Maybe learn some boss mechanics along the way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck op where you finding these guys, I keep getting the LARPing tanks that probably click their movement as well it's so slow. Send them my way Ty!

I was just talking about this with my friend the other day.

Part of it is obviously the Blizzard's fault, they "force" many types of players into the same content basically, you have people who've dinged day1 and now farming the leggos in full m0 gear and trying to do the runs as fast as possible, and the "weekend warriors" who are still levelling (or have just dinged) and are in the dungeon for the first time.

Imagine doing De Other Side, lore-heavy dungeon with some interesting info, but the tank is chainpulling everything. Nobody even bothers telling you what to do on the last boss (but shame you when you don't do the portal). It's a crap experience, for some reason people expect everyone to be "on their level" and to "get on with it", even though there are many types of players experiencing the same content.

You also lose the fun of discovering the mechanics. The first m0 runs, where you go blind with your group and figure everything out is the most fun dungeon experience you can have. But to get it you basically have a time-window of 3-5 days. Week 2 - zerg everything.

The solution, as usual, is a guild of like-minded people that play at your pace. Obviously it's hard to avoid pugging, since LFD system is so convenient, but do yourself a favour and find a guild. This is how WoW is supposed to be played.
    Last edited by Shaldy; 2020-11-30 at 10:57 AM.

Take some deep breaths.

I enjoy going fast, I like the challenge.

What do you sugguest the playstyle should be for you to be happy and enjoying it?

It's okay to enjoy different things so maybe you should just try to find likeminded people since the "smash n grab"-style seem to destroy your enjoyment.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.