Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Agree with some of the points.
    There are some good rep pieces from rep (there are some ilvl 200 pieces) however the unbelieveable gating and super low rep gains makes it so by the time you acquire the necessary rep, you no longer need those items. In this case they should have just brought back rep in instances .. but no ... 100 rep from a wq.
    Same goes for professions, by the time you meet the requirements to buy the mark II recipe, you are way over the ilvl it crafts.
    As far as transportation, a few minutes on fp is not the end of the world. Same for renown, I get that they wanted a long time "effort" for some cosmetics and that's fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    World Quests and Command Table give ilevel 148 gear which are useless.
    The item level of this gear is based on your Renown. As it goes up, so does the item level of these rewards. 148 is fine to get you geared enough to run heroics.

The gear from Faction Reputation (The Ascended, The Avowed, etc) are useless too.
    This has been true since at least Wrath. Why complain now? At least the gear from your Covenant renown can be upgraded and has set bonuses.

Sure, they are old contents. What about favorite of the month, Torghast tower?
    After spending a few hours, I got nothing.
    It is not enough to craft a legendary after a week.
    Expecting legendaries the first week? Seems a bit silly. You can craft your first one next week and go from there.

I cannot mount on Maw and my character walks so slow.
    I don't think there is any loot in Maw.
    True but there are other rewards. There is more to this game than gear.

I spent a few hours to collect 1000 anima and opened Transportation Network.
    I thought it will lead to all 4 other zones. (By the way, it is silly that I cannot directly fly to other zones. It goes to Oribos first.)
    Instead, it is just one portal leads to nowhere.
    Then you should have read what you were clicking on. It explains what it does.

Then I spent another hour to collect 1000 anima and created Anima Conductors.
    It does nothing. It is gated.
    NOthing other than opening a treasure chest or giving you a rare to fight for rewards. Again, I recommend actually reading things in game.

The Renown is gated too.
    Renown is a fancy word for covenant reputation. All reputation is gated and has been for a long time now.

[quopte]
    Am I missing any other contents?[/QUOTE]

If all you care about is loot, dungeons give it and they're good this time around. PVP gives it as well. If you like transmog, toys, pets, or mounts, there are plenty of each to go find. IF you haven't looked at a guide or anything, wowhead has plenty. You can also use HandyNotes to find them or just explore on your own.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm good with the time gates.
    lets me hop on and burn half a day doing everything I need to do, and then I have the free time to do the things I want to do.
    M+ and full Torghast coming soon means I have literally endless content that I want to do. I'm fuckin stoked WoW is back to bread and butter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    The more you cry the more the people laugh..

This is easily a top 3 expansion week 1. Raids will decide if its #1
    Interesting... i think its by far the worst expansion week 1 ever. After day 2-3 im sitting in AH making sure my useless legendary base items are first in line to sell(for a loss, just to recover some gold unlocking next rank as no one is paying even 15k for rank 1 items) as there is nothing else to do. Log in, do couple of WQ for daily and some maw... done for the day. Its new expansion and it should be exciting and all and i want to play it more... but instead im more bored than last months of BfA.

WQs became useless outside of anima farm day 1 already, as they dont scale well and there is no titanforging. Torghast was done with cap hit day 2 as its nothing but ash chore. Professions offer absolutely nothing outside of extremely small demand for legendary base items that are useless outside of actually being made into legendaries as they have no stats or anything meaning no one actually needs them, especially lower ranks and outside of bis/best pre-raid slots. 99% of crafted stuff is just there so you can get skill points to craft legendary base... and then that has terrible demand. Im done with professions day 3 or so... and i started doing them on day 3. No bop gear for yourself, no gear for sale... just terrible state.

BfA was better week 1 if for nothing else than WQs scaling/titanforging and much better professions... even with expulsom.

Sounds like you are currently experiencing withdrawl from all the gambeling and infinite grind systems having been removed from the game.

The current phase of the game is mostly heroic and mythic dungeons. If you are done with those, you are done with the current phase. Go do something else.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

I only log in to do my daily maw run, the daily quest and one specific dungeon to hopefully get my legendary piece.

But thats completely on me, i no lifed the sht out of the first few days and got myself in this situation.
    Timegating only means i couldve taken my time and would still be at this point on the weekly reset.

What i dont get is how op argues hes playing classic.
    I do aswell and timegating means i get to raid naxx next reset, do a little pvp and farming without falling behind in SL.

What bothers me more is the cut in storytelling we experience. We do the 4 zones, leave each one pretty much in the middle of their specific conflict, get a cliffhanger in revendreth. Only to then return and continue 1/4 of the story.
    I get that i will need to play 4 alts to see it all, but i feel like my non venthir main should be way more involved in / concerned about that giant wave of anima swirling into the maw.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    World Quests and Command Table give ilevel 148 gear which are useless.
    The gear from Faction Reputation (The Ascended, The Avowed, etc) are useless too.

Sure, they are old contents. What about favorite of the month, Torghast tower?
    After spending a few hours, I got nothing.
    It is not enough to craft a legendary after a week.

I cannot mount on Maw and my character walks so slow.
    I don't think there is any loot in Maw.

I spent a few hours to collect 1000 anima and opened Transportation Network.
    I thought it will lead to all 4 other zones. (By the way, it is silly that I cannot directly fly to other zones. It goes to Oribos first.)
    Instead, it is just one portal leads to nowhere.

Then I spent another hour to collect 1000 anima and created Anima Conductors.
    It does nothing. It is gated.

The Renown is gated too.

Am I missing any other contents?
    No, youre pretty much spot on.

World Qs, reputations and by the looks of it most covenant upgrades are sofar pretty much irrelevant to player power. We got 2 portals in thorgast wich only are unlocked up to teir 3... not even enough to reach the weekly cap on soul ash. And no mode in wich to push our limits :<

And as has been the sad trend these last expansions, pretty much all the content in the game is timegated to later.. m+, raids, arenas, invasions, renown, the vast majority of thorgast content, legendaries cannot be farmed in any way...
    At this point im even surprised that professions are availible, wait a few expansions and i think they will timegate those too aswell as increasing the level cap by 1 level per week to drag out the leveling process...

As has been the case in previous expansions, the only thing to do now is to either play another until next weekly reset or level more alts.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Sounds like you are currently experiencing withdrawl from all the gambeling and infinite grind systems having been removed from the game.

The current phase of the game is mostly heroic and mythic dungeons. If you are done with those, you are done with the current phase. Go do something else.
    Its actually other way around. There is only one thing to do in game if youve done dungeons... and its anima, stygia and rep grind. I dont do grinding, so im not doing WQs past daily requirement of 3 or so. I didnt do AP stuff in BfA either, i did WQs because they actually scaled. Did professions cause you could craft useful stuff that people would want to buy, and even something BoP for yourself that is good enough to actually wear after hitting 60. Currently it is grind only, no meaningful content phase... and according to beta info and such, it wont change much... just add m+ and raid, and rest stays the same. Took BfA more than 2 seasons to get to stage of log for raid/m+ only in addition to reset day chore or two and endless grind if you want that, but i dont. After day 2 or 3 game became anima, stygia, rep grind only. Impressive design, even for Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lol chill it's only the first week of the expansion. Many of us are just happy we have an expansion without artifact/azerite power. We dont want to feel obligated to complete every single task.

Quote Originally Posted by Canield View Post
    Lol chill it's only the first week of the expansion. Many of us are just happy we have an expansion without artifact/azerite power. We dont want to feel obligated to complete every single task.
    Man, thank you for the words of wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    The item level of this gear is based on your Renown. As it goes up, so does the item level of these rewards. 148 is fine to get you geared enough to run heroics.

This has been true since at least Wrath. Why complain now? At least the gear from your Covenant renown can be upgraded and has set bonuses.

Expecting legendaries the first week? Seems a bit silly. You can craft your first one next week and go from there.

True but there are other rewards. There is more to this game than gear.

Then you should have read what you were clicking on. It explains what it does.

NOthing other than opening a treasure chest or giving you a rare to fight for rewards. Again, I recommend actually reading things in game.

Renown is a fancy word for covenant reputation. All reputation is gated and has been for a long time now.

If all you care about is loot, dungeons give it and they're good this time around. PVP gives it as well. If you like transmog, toys, pets, or mounts, there are plenty of each to go find. IF you haven't looked at a guide or anything, wowhead has plenty. You can also use HandyNotes to find them or just explore on your own.
    This has got to be the worst replies ever... 148 gear is fine because its based on renown level wich will go up? Only its gated so it cant go up, and our chars already have a mix of full ilvl 171 and 184gear... So id say its pretty fucking far from fine xD

and then.. gating has been a thing for a long time, therefore gating is fine? What?
    Gating is fucking terrible, it has been terrible ever since it was implemented. Fuck i still have bad memories of wrath of the casual king where we were forced to run heroic icc for 9 fucking weeks because of gating inside the raid until heroic mode was unlocked...

And the covenant upgrades sofar is really underwhelming... getting one more rare to fight i hardly exciting...

Expecting legendaries week1 and being able to farm towards legendaries are two diffrent things. The way its designed now we might aswell recieve it in the mailbox when the timegating is over. There is no grind or future goal to work towards, you go in, do the runs in thorgast once and then ur done.. thats a pretty horrible way to launch a new feature imo.

and... dungeons are good this time? yeah... the one time we get to do m0's and then they are on weekly lockout. Sure we can spamm hcs but whats the fun in that? The content is vastly undertuned for a good portion of the audience...

The mount/pet/transmog is true thou, ive spent alot of time gathering those (got a few rare drops left).
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2020-11-30 at 12:47 PM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

OP you must be shit if WQ drops only 148ilvl loot....complaining instead of playing i see.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    they are doing it to keep people subbed for longer, because they know that the content here is not enough to keep people.
    It is not possible to create content that is rewarding and fun for month if you can get EVERYTHING in the first week.
    I am happy they gate the stuff and don't basically force you into grinding islands like in BfA so you can keep up with the top end.

This way you don't have to treat wow like a second job and stil get new stuff weeks into the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    This has got to be the worst replies ever... 148 gear is fine because its based on renown level wich will go up? Only its gated so it cant go up, and our chars already have a mix of full ilvl 171 and 184gear... So id say its pretty fucking far from fine xD.
    So wait, you expect m0 loot from WQs? in week one?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    This has got to be the worst replies ever... 148 gear is fine because its based on renown level wich will go up? Only its gated so it cant go up, and our chars already have a mix of full ilvl 171 and 184gear... So id say its pretty fucking far from fine xD

and then.. gating has been a thing for a long time, therefore gating is fine? What?
    Gating is fucking terrible, it has been terrible ever since it was implemented. Fuck i still have bad memories of wrath of the casual king where we were forced to run heroic icc for 9 fucking weeks because of gating inside the raid until heroic mode was unlocked...

And the covenant upgrades sofar is really underwhelming... getting one more rare to fight i hardly exciting...

Expecting legendaries week1 and being able to farm towards legendaries are two diffrent things. The way its designed now we might aswell recieve it in the mailbox when the timegating is over. There is no grind or future goal to work towards, you go in, do the runs in thorgast once and then ur done.. thats a pretty horrible way to launch a new feature imo.

and... dungeons are good this time? yeah... the one time we get to do m0's and then they are on weekly lockout. Sure we can spamm hcs but whats the fun in that? The content is vastly undertuned for a good portion of the audience...

The mount/pet/transmog is true thou, ive spent alot of time gathering those (got a few rare drops left).
    Have you considered the possibility that the game is not just designed for the players that do all the content available in a day?

Gear from Renown will be just the thing for the players that start playing the game over the new year and generally don't really care for farming dungeons or raids. Surely they also deserve to have the game be fun?

You can't necessarily design a game to just be catered to those that play it all the time, otherwise those that don't would forever fall behind.
    Not all players gear in dungeons all day. Not all players go through Normal raids the first week. Not all players are done levelling within a week.

And of course there are alts, for those the Renown gear will be perfect. You famr up loads of renown with the catchup, and in return you don't have to farm a load of dungeons to gear up.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post

but he doesnt want to

he wants to play this game.

no game should be ever gatered to people who only have time to log in for raid and log out after.

WoD was such a game - and everyone knows how it did end.

gating is crazy - people should be able to farm as much renown on week 1 as they want - not to be limied by blizzard because they cant design decent content in game and hope that people will run dungeons for 28163712637821627632 times on mythic + - same with raids 123261537125 times on all difficulties.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    So wait, you expect m0 loot from WQs? in week one?
    noone is expecting it - but nice compromise would be for example loot being 175 itlv - higher then hc dungeon , lower then mythic 0 - but giving you reason to log in into game and play for a bit

same could be with it going up to 195 itlv once normal raids open - lower then any modes that matter but giving people constant gear progression over time

and this doesnt have to come from individual wq - for example callings cache should have mandatory 1 item in them

this would be more then enough to shout people up .

and im willing to be you that in 9.1 blizzard will push emergency button and redesign WQ in desperate attempt to bring back people who will leave by the end of year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krasuss View Post
    OP you must be shit if WQ drops only 148ilvl loot....complaining instead of playing i see.
    my main is 177 itlv. highest quest gear that i have seen so far was 164. My hunter should be similiar itlv before end of reset.

tell me again how im supposed to do things differently to see it go up .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-11-30 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    noone is expecting it - but nice compromise would be for example loot being 175 itlv - higher then hc dungeon , lower then mythic 0 - but giving you reason to log in into game and play for a bit

same could be with it going up to 195 itlv once normal raids open - lower then any modes that matter but giving people constant gear progression over time

and this doesnt have to come from individual wq - for example callings cache should have mandatory 1 item in them

this would be more then enough to shout people up .

and im willing to be you that in 9.1 blizzard will push emergency button and redesign WQ in desperate attempt to bring back people who will leave by the end of year.

- - - Updated - - -
    Why does anyone needs a reward higher then HC quality from a fricken WQ? trivializing content for the sake of nonstop progression already is an aggravating development. if someone is that desperate for his serotonin shot, why not do a dungeon?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

gating is crazy - people should be able to farm as much renown on week 1 as they want - not to be limied by blizzard because they cant design decent content in game and hope that people will run dungeons for 28163712637821627632 times on mythic + - same with raids 123261537125 times on all difficulties.
    As much as gating is annoying, you and everyone else knows what the other side of the coin is.

The consequence of a free for all style of gaming is this complaining being reversed to people whining about not having anything to do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You should have kept reading, and re-read what you think you read. What they actually said was "It is not enough to craft a legendary after a week."
    What kind of legendary would it have been if you could craft it in a week? And as you probably saw, it wasn't a direct quote but rather a summary of what he said

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    It is not possible to create content that is rewarding and fun for month if you can get EVERYTHING in the first week.
    I am happy they gate the stuff and don't basically force you into grinding islands like in BfA so you can keep up with the top end.

This way you don't have to treat wow like a second job and stil get new stuff weeks into the expansion.
    Timegating things is certainly a solution, but it isn't the only solution. The other solution is content pacing like you see in classic. Everything simply takes a long time. You need to travel. You need to rest. You need to put groups together. If you decide that pacing is out the window and all content will be treated as GOGOGOGOGO, then all that leaves is timegating.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady