Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing is enough to shut people up, people are going to complain about everything.

Why do people expect systems designed to be catch up gear for alts or people who pick up the game down the line to be available in week one? What's the point of renown slowly allowing catch up shit if it's just available at the start. From a game design standpoint, it makes zero sense to fucking obsolete your normal and heroic dungeon content on the FIRST FUCKING week.

There's plenty to do, just choose not to do it. People wanted them to ease off the mandatory content and they did, and people are still going to complain. As it stands, most of the progression systems are weekly lockouts like it was in the earlier iterations of WoW with the singular piece of daily content being the Maw if you choose to do it.

A lot of the people in this thread are simply confused as to what they want. They want a gearing system that caters to them exclusively and aren't interested in the dozens of other ways to gear because that would venture into social territory by doing group content.

Why WQ gear should offer comparable loot to heroic dungeons or close to mythic dungeons on the week of it's release is the most retarded shit I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Why does anyone needs a reward higher then HC quality from a fricken WQ? trivializing content for the sake of nonstop progression already is an aggravating development. if someone is that desperate for his serotonin shot, why not do a dungeon?
    to have something to do in game.

you can farm up hc dungeon gear in 1 evening.

and then what ? unsub ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Nothing is enough to shut people up, people are going to complain about everything.

Why do people expect systems designed to be catch up gear for alts or people who pick up the game down the line to be available in week one? What's the point of renown slowly allowing catch up shit if it's just available at the start. From a game design standpoint, it makes zero sense to fucking obsolete your normal and heroic dungeon content on the FIRST FUCKING week.

There's plenty to do, just choose not to do it. People wanted them to ease off the mandatory content and they did, and people are still going to complain. As it stands, most of the progression systems are weekly lockouts like it was in the earlier iterations of WoW with the singular piece of daily content being the Maw if you choose to do it.

A lot of the people in this thread are simply confused as to what they want. They want a gearing system that caters to them exclusively and aren't interested in the dozens of other ways to gear because that would venture into social territory by doing group content.

Why WQ gear should offer comparable loot to heroic dungeons or close to mythic dungeons on the week of it's release is the most retarded shit I've seen.
    what you are saying is nonsense seeing how WQ gear always scalled up with your itlv.

meaning person who is 150 shouldnt see 170 rewards - but at the same time person who is almost 180 shouldnt see rewards like 155 itlv. and thats what people are experiencing now

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

and then what ? unsub ?

- - - Updated - - -

what you are saying is nonsense seeing how WQ gear always scalled up with your itlv.

meaning person who is 150 shouldnt see 170 rewards - but at the same time person who is almost 180 shouldnt see rewards like 155 itlv. and thats what people are experiencing now
    But then the problem is the speed of dungeon gearing. Blizzard's entire problem with wow's design for years now has been creating solutions to problems they created themselves, rather than walking back whatever created the initial problem. In this case, the problem is that some methods of gearing are too fast. Bringing up other methods to that level is not the solution. Ensuring everything is a more reasonable, slower pace is the solution.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Wtf Are you a troll?

Just play the game normaly and you will get higher, im 179ilvl and havent rushed just did the content that match my ilvl at the time

And ofc its Gated or it would be over in a week like swtor and other mmo that have come and gone in less then a month

Quote Originally Posted by Blameinsane View Post
    Wtf Are you a troll?

Just play the game normaly and you will get higher, im 179ilvl and havent rushed just did the content that match my ilvl at the time

And ofc its Gated or it would be over in a week like swtor and other mmo that have come and gone in less then a month
    Or they could just pace the content out so that it takes a long time to complete.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    no i just want to be able to play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

what does that have to do with me not liking time gating?
    Why did you buy the expansion on day 1 if you don't like time gating tho? Did you not see the previous expansions that heavily utilized time-gating? Since you enjoy Classic you could have waited for reviews or simply watch some end-game of a fancy twitch streamer that is freely available. If you blindly pour money into something without researching then it's your fault, no?

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Or they could just pace the content out so that it takes a long time to complete.
    which they do, by time gating it.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

and then what ? unsub ?
    what can you not do when you completed all current timegates?
    will some magic force stop you from logging in?
    whats the problem with having to invest time into the next upgrade?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Another flame thread 1 week into expansion. Go help your parents, take your kids out, read a book or play with your dog if you're bored and just wait for season to start.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    which they do, by time gating it.
    That's not pacing content out. That's timegating. It's dishonest to pretend these are the same thing.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    World Quests and Command Table give ilevel 148 gear which are useless.
    The gear from Faction Reputation (The Ascended, The Avowed, etc) are useless too.

Sure, they are old contents. What about favorite of the month, Torghast tower?
    After spending a few hours, I got nothing.
    It is not enough to craft a legendary after a week.

I cannot mount on Maw and my character walks so slow.
    I don't think there is any loot in Maw.

I spent a few hours to collect 1000 anima and opened Transportation Network.
    I thought it will lead to all 4 other zones. (By the way, it is silly that I cannot directly fly to other zones. It goes to Oribos first.)
    Instead, it is just one portal leads to nowhere.

Then I spent another hour to collect 1000 anima and created Anima Conductors.
    It does nothing. It is gated.

The Renown is gated too.

Am I missing any other contents?
    world quest gear will scale up, command table as well
    faction gear has always been starter gear not end game gear

the rest of your complaints are trivial and quite nitpicky

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    This has got to be the worst replies ever... 148 gear is fine because its based on renown level wich will go up? Only its gated so it cant go up, and our chars already have a mix of full ilvl 171 and 184gear... So id say its pretty fucking far from fine xD
    What do you want, a vendor who sells il 500 gear for a copper? FFS you can't get everything day flipping onel.

and then.. gating has been a thing for a long time, therefore gating is fine? What?

Gating is fucking terrible, it has been terrible ever since it was implemented. Fuck i still have bad memories of wrath of the casual king where we were forced to run heroic icc for 9 fucking weeks because of gating inside the raid until heroic mode was unlocked...
    Gating to one degree or another exists in every MMO. Maybe its the wrong genre for you.

And the covenant upgrades sofar is really underwhelming... getting one more rare to fight i hardly exciting...
    Yeah, maybe you should quit. It seems like no matter what they do you're going to complain. I'm no Blizzard apologist, but damn man, you're complaining about everything.

Expecting legendaries week1 and being able to farm towards legendaries are two diffrent things. The way its designed now we might aswell recieve it in the mailbox when the timegating is over. There is no grind or future goal to work towards, you go in, do the runs in thorgast once and then ur done.. thats a pretty horrible way to launch a new feature imo.
    No grind like getting legendaries for multiple spec or scenarios? Or no grind like upgrading the ilvl of your legendaries? You talk about being done, but by the time you're done a new tier will be here with more legendaries and more ilvl upgrades.

and... dungeons are good this time? yeah... the one time we get to do m0's and then they are on weekly lockout. Sure we can spamm hcs but whats the fun in that? The content is vastly undertuned for a good portion of the audience...
    I can't even.

The mount/pet/transmog is true thou, ive spent alot of time gathering those (got a few rare drops left).

Gasp! You sure the transmogs aren't ugly or the mounts aren't reskins of something you hate or the pets didn't eat your favorite stuffed animal or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Burning4 View Post
    I haven't bought the expansion because I was waiting to see how people reacted to it once it was live and from the sound of things that was a smart move. Everywhere I keep hearing that people feel like there is nothing to do. Maybe if Blizzard spent less time on designing (and fixing) systems and more time on creating dungeons, zones, etc. then the game would be in a healthier place. Look, TBC and Wrath were the high point of the game and look at how many dungeons and raids you had at launch of those. It seems there is a lot of progression complexity but not much to do with that complexity. I don't know, I'm an outsider looking in, but nothing here makes me want to buy the expansion right now.
    Mentioning Wrath as a good expansion at the start is so weird to me. From all the expansions Wrath was probably the worst ever created at the beginning. You had a raid from Classic and I think one other raid with a single boss in it. You were done with raiding in the first week and it was even a repeat of old content.

From someone who has played the new expansion pretty hard, I must say I like the time gating. Even with it I feel I have too much to do at the moment. I don't understand people who are against time gating, is WoW the only thing they can do in their free time? Even bringing up playing other games or doing other things gets you laughed at by them. As if they only want to play WoW in their free time, and if they can't the expansion is bad. But it's perhaps a personality thing because I've hated Legion and the endless grind in it.

Brian : I hate gated content
    Blizzard : Ok, let's remove the gating
    Bill : I hate the constant grind.
    Blizzard : Ok, let's remove the grind.
    Bob : I hate gated content.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Brian : I hate gated content
    Blizzard : Ok, let's remove the gating
    Bill : I hate the constant grind.
    Blizzard : Ok, let's remove the grind.
    Bob : I hate gated content.
    To be fair, these aren't the only two options. Blizzard has only been restricted to these two options by insisting on a design that is completely based on immediacy. This is the result of removing as much downtime from the game as possible. Downtime paces content.
    -ynnady

To be fair, these aren't the only two options.
    They sort of are, because people take the opportunity from no time gating to over play the game and whinge about grinding.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I disagree, I have felt very rewarded and have gotten a ton of content out of my sub money.

I've had a blast so far. I wasn't even going to play Shadowlands after quitting early on in BFA, but got talked into it. Went in expecting a dumpster fire, came out impressed. There is so much for me to do and it feels well paced. Here is a summary of my time line:

Day 1: Leveled to 54.
    Day 2: Leveled to 59.
    Day 3: Hit level cap and then finished the rest of the campaign (Revendreth).
    Day 4: Started dipping my feet into the end game systems. Unlocked Torghast, got my mission table, did WQs, etc.
    Day 5: Did all of my Torghast runs.
    Day 6: Started hitting up the normal dungeons to get gear, while continuing daily endgame activities.
    Day 7: Did some battlegrounds for some gear, did a few more dungeons, got my item level ready for heroics.

Today the plan is to try Mythic 0s or otherwise just spam out some heroic LFG to start pushing into ilevel 170 territory.

This is playing roughly 4 hours a day on average, which for me (and probably most casual players) is quite a bit more than my usual. Even with all this done I feel like there is a ton of content ready for me to do. I haven't done any of the fun secret stuffs, gotten any mounts, hunted any cool treasures, etc.

If you rush everything at the start, or play like 10+ hours a day, that's on you. There is plenty of content. Pace yourself ffs.
    Last edited by xmirrors; 2020-11-30 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Sounds like you are currently experiencing withdrawl from all the gambeling and infinite grind systems having been removed from the game.

The current phase of the game is mostly heroic and mythic dungeons. If you are done with those, you are done with the current phase. Go do something else.
    considering there wasn't any gambling nor infinite grinds i doubt he experiencing any withdrawal

Quote Originally Posted by Matsumotto View Post
    I also heard Preach saying there's soooo much content that casuals are gonna spend months on it. Yeah well i don't think he's a liar, so my only guess is that the content wasn't gated on the alpha/beta servers....so there'd be a lot of stuff to do if we were able to do more than the 1st chapter of the campaign....
    Oh and them gating the "covenant sets" behind renown 2 and higher? For those super low ilvls? I went super casual, done like 3 normal dungeons and even for me most of that fear is on par or just marginally higher ilvl, especially since they are only covering the armor slots, and not trinkets/rings/necks....
    just because you have no interest in the content, does not mean it doesn't exist.

No you can't. At least not realistically. Make it too long, most people aren't going to even bother.