789. This poll is closed
  • It's Shit

181 22.94%
  • It's lit

608 77.06%
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to throw out there that Revendreth is the best zone they've ever done. Unfortunately, I think Bastion is also the worst zone they've ever done.

Its allright. Was a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information about new systems at the beginning, but im getting the understanding of it. Its only been about a week into the xpac.

Thorgast is rather boring though. Everytime I run it, I just want it to end long before im at the end. The mobs are piss easy its just alot of walking. I guess that changes as I get higher floor lvls, that will be fun. Also, the powers I get within Thorgast dont seem to matter that much. In most runs I have about everything at the two last floors. Feels like I only decide what order I want the powers in.

Sucked a bit I had to pick Night Fae on my Mag'Har BM Hunter cause the rest was shit(My main is Kyrian).

Im also getting the feeling that SL will be a 1 character xpac. Doing all these things for each covenant seems a bit much, so I gotta decide what character to focus on and forget about the others really. Just as in BfA, but that reality REALLY hit in 8.2, not at xpac launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'm going to throw out there that Revendreth is the best zone they've ever done. Unfortunately, I think Bastion is also the worst zone they've ever done.
    aesthetically is whats nice about it, but in terms of gameplay id say suramar was better

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Was hyped for Bastion and I picked Kyrian for my paladin. The zone itself is rather bland and boring though :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    As a fire mage I disagree. Everything had been a cakewalk so far.
    Sounds a bit boring then.

So far I love every zone. Each one has its own unique personality, charm and aesthetic. I couldn’t say that about BfA, as the only zone I considered to be a standout experience was Drustvar, with the others being visually pleasing but ranging from average to bad in gameplay experience with the exception of a few genuinely engaging quest lines here and there.

From a story perspective so far SL trashes BfA (plot inconsistencies are there but so far not pants-on-head tier like BfA was) with the exception of Sylvanas still being a thing.

Class design is still pretty meh even though they “unpruned” certain abilities.

That’s really all that can be judged this early into the xpac.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    1. Are there only four types of people in the world, each belonging to a realm in Shadowlands? No, Blizzard implied there are many more, we just don't see them in the expansion. But then, why is Oribos ruled by the Arbiter who judges souls, in a city only connected to these four portals? Are there other Oribos-like cities out there with their own Arbiter and their own death realms?
    Someone may have already pointed this out, but when you're on the platformer where the arbiter is, you can see a vast, endless sea of objects floating off in the distance. These objects are identical to the gates you later summon to access the four zones- so it can be assumed that each of them is a dormant gateway to one of the countless realms out there, waiting to be activated.

I feel like it's also worth mentioning that only half the gateway thingies around the Ring of Transference are actually currently in use. I expect we'll probably activate more gateways as the expansion progresses.

As for why these realms are the ones we can actually see from Oribos- that's probably because they're the big, important ones that are at the core of how the Shadowlands function.
    Why do I even bother to post on this damned site?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    It's entertaining enough for your first character.

However, it is the laziest expansion yet. There will likely be another mass exodus before the end of the year.

There is a dearth of zones, you are forced to follow one path (so by your 2nd alt, you will be extremely annoyed), and few dungeons (only 8 again). The capital city is boring (basically a watered down version of Ironforge), and I'm quite certain that the much acclaimed Torghast will become rather boring once the majority starts to recognize the patterns of how it is generated.

If you miss WoW, it is nothing more than okay. If you didn't like WoW for the past expansion or two, you will not find this expansion any better at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The zones are absolutely beautiful, easily the best looking zones in the whole of wow.

Gamers got so entitled, that there will never again be a wow expansion that will be regarded as "good" in the public eye.

The only games that can be good are suddenly released previously unknown games (Hades) or massivly overhyped games like Cyberpunk where people will praise the living shit out of it because they will never critizice anything that hyped.

The expansion is good so far. Funny thing is people allready blame raiders again for some reason... for everything... i really don't get it. You get so many ways to play the game. Play completly solo. Play only mythic+. Play only raids. Play PvP. AS long as you do group content in the end you have max level gear. Solo should not give you that. Never.
    ALso you will get new content for WEEKS. Thank god for that. So you are not forced tp nolive the shit out of the game.

Story is good so far, Zones are beautiful and honestly really not difficult to traverse, Thorgats is fun and in 3 weeks when you have your max level bis legendary you don't have to ste foot into it ever again fi you don't want do. Dungeons are inovative and fun. Granted "only" 8. And the raids looks good... can't say more to that for now.

PvP? I don't knoe or care. It's wow. PvP never was its strong point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    It's entertaining enough for your first character.

However, it is the laziest expansion yet. There will likely be another mass exodus before the end of the year.

There is a dearth of zones, you are forced to follow one path (so by your 2nd alt, you will be extremely annoyed), and few dungeons (only 8 again). The capital city is boring (basically a watered down version of Ironforge), and I'm quite certain that the much acclaimed Torghast will become rather boring once the majority starts to recognize the patterns of how it is generated.

If you miss WoW, it is nothing more than okay. If you didn't like WoW for the past expansion or two, you will not find this expansion any better at all.
    There's a massive amount of content after levelling to 60, and you don't have to take the same linear route levelling subsequent alts.

Oribos may suck, but there's basically no reason to spend any time hanging around there - my gripe with it is that it's size and being on two levels is just entirely unnecessary and creates too much transference time as you pass through.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    And the art .... Holy sh*t. 10/10
    This. Music and the looks of everything. I loved Legion for that, but damn this is something else.

I also like Torghast a lot, can't wait to be able to push it to the limit, did several full group runs, really nice challenge even with broken balance of the classes. Even more fun with the synergy of the classes.
    M+ looks nice, bosses are quite cool, but I think they went overboard with amount of debuffs from the trash. Forty weeks will be a crapfest.

The fact that people are bashing it based on how meaningful the content is are the same bunch of idiots that were complaining that you are forced to play BfA and Legion 24/7 due to the endless grind. Now that this is not a thing and the extra content is optional they whine like little bitches cause theres "no point" to doing it. Meanwhile me and my guild have been having a blast doing all M0s and preparing for raid while looking forward to the layered release of things so I dont have to no life the shit out of the game just to keep up. Feels quite refreshing to not have to play 24/7 on lunch and still being able to enjoy other games with friends that dont play WoW.

Think I need to check out SL.. Reason I quit WoW was because of the endless grind (Legion) Mythic+ to be best prepared for raids as posible amnd not having as much time om my hands as I used to. Looking at the new system, seems to be much more casual friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    For the people like myself, who aren't playing it. Is it any good?
    there are some complaints about timegating, and not enough to do unless you play alts.
    but that will change once raids, m+ and rated pvp unlocks.
    the new conent torghast is nice, the maw is ok but the no mounting was a dumb idea. but its 10000000000 times better than islands and warfront

Loving it, finally feels healthy to play and not a chore. I don't feel forced into any content really and this helps so much back in BFA it always felt like you had to login to do some grind and when you did not you were behind. Shadowlands feels totally different i never get that feeling "i must login" when i dont really want to. This just makes it so much more fun when i do login and never a chore. Actually been spending way more time in game than i though having fun with multiple alts spicing things up. In BFA you had so much to do on main it get stale fast.. I would give it a 7/10 (would be higher but as a raider i need to see raid first).

Only thing i think i have against Shadowland is the covenants system having power tied to it (system is fine, power is not). Still feels totally unnecessary. Also the Maw as a zone just sucks.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2020-11-30 at 02:54 PM.

Why the #$%^ do I have to use wowhead for every second WQ?
    Why we got AOE cap and thousands of small minor mobs spawn, almost untagetable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people says, Shadowlands is BfA 2.0. But mostly it is on metacritic. Myself i will hold with applause, because so far i very like Torghast.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Some people says, Shadowlands is BfA 2.0. But mostly it is on metacritic. Myself i will hold with applause, because so far i very like Torghast.
    If people think Shadowlands is BfA 2.0 then their problem is not with BfA but with modern WoW, which is fine, because Shadowlands is a pretty significant departure from what made BfA, BfA.
    No more infinite grinds, no more Titanforging, a more relaxed pace.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

So...sounds like this is for the casual player...