Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Sorry dude, but if other people can do it and you can't... t
    Of course some people can do it ... the maths is just that a large chunk of people cannot. I never said NO dps get in, I just said that dps spots are rare because maths.

If you take the dungeon ratio 1T1H3D up to raids, you end up with 4T4H12D

But in reality, it is 2T3H15D ... scaling for tanks - that's 30 DPS looking for 12 spots, scaling for healers that's 20 dps looking for 12 spots.

And that doesn't even account for the massive number of non raid DPS toons that add to that problem.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2020-11-30 at 03:20 PM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I’m so sick of it. The toxic fucking m+ gogoggo mindset has ruined all forms of group content in this game. Now I can’t even enjoy a freaking NORMAL dungeon without the tank using m+ routes and going AS UBERWTTTDBBBQQQQ FAST AS POSSIBILE.

God don’t people just fuckijg do shit to enjoy it? Don’t people enjoy the environments in games anymore? Must everything be a means to an end, which must come as fast as possible because I NEED MY REWARD RN?

I haven’t ran a single normal dungeon where the tank wasn’t on fucking coke
    This is like saying you rather sit in a traffic queue than to have open road..

We all have limited time per day and a lot of things to do every day, there is no reason to make things slower than it needs to be.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I’m so sick of it. The toxic fucking m+ gogoggo mindset has ruined all forms of group content in this game. Now I can’t even enjoy a freaking NORMAL dungeon without the tank using m+ routes and going AS UBERWTTTDBBBQQQQ FAST AS POSSIBILE.

God don’t people just fuckijg do shit to enjoy it? Don’t people enjoy the environments in games anymore? Must everything be a means to an end, which must come as fast as possible because I NEED MY REWARD RN?

I haven’t ran a single normal dungeon where the tank wasn’t on fucking coke
    I play Tanks because I like to control the pace of the dungeons or raids. I love playing healers, but despise when my tank pulls unnecessary packs of trash or goes stupidly slow by the end of the first boss the tank should have a pretty decent feel of his DPS and healers capabilities, so that is when I start to pull larger groups or skip groups moving to the next pack while a few stragglers are still alive from the previous these are all things a good tank does as well as keeping an eye on healers mana.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

Well, I've not found one that can cater for autistic players in 15 years of searching - in excess of 30 guilds.

So - the rational assumption is that it doesn't exist.
    It's taken me since the end of Vanilla to find the guild I'm in now, and I'm still just a trial so its still not guaranteed.

I'm by no means a expert on the subject but start by looking for a guild at the same skill level as you, if you can keep up with everyone else in the guild I promise you being on the autistic spectrum won't matter. At if it does then that guild isn't right for you and probably not a cohesive guild to begin with. If you don't know where to start DM me and I'll help out how I can. Again I'm not an expert but I can at least point you in some options

If the queue wasn't an hour long, then maybe more dps wouldn't be in a hurry either to finish at least one dungeon in a night.
    I'd be lying if I said I hate being a dick, but if you want faster queue times you can A) Roll a healer/tank, B) join a bigger guild. If you choose to be an unwavering DPS in the current state of the queue system, you also choose to have longer queue times. That's the reality of the situation. Does it suck? Sure. Is there any realistic solution to the problem? No, not as things are.

This affects a TINY TINY proportion of high end players... the average person discussing this stuff is NOT running with pre made organised progression teams. Guaranteed.
    You don't need to be competing for world first to prepare hard. Anyone looking to step up the level of content they are doing is likely to be very focused on preparation and shortening the runway for the season impacts those players too. Less skilled players will also need more time to do the pre-season content, which means even if their preparation regime is lighter, they may still be highly crunched by the reduced timeframe.

A lot of people are either new, have a short memory, or spent years being very sheltered.

The go go go mindset was being parodied over a decade ago. Did people just notice it now?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to rp walk and cc every mob and then kill em one by one. Go for it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    What do you want the tank to do, RP walk around so people can look at the trees?
    No.

But I want the tank to realize the healer is freshly geared and isn't ready to heal 2-3 pulls at once, and is getting tired of constantly trying to keep up with him after falling behind due to drinking . . .

It won't make the run take *that* much longer to make sure everyone's ready for pulling.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Who is everyone? I am not in a hurry, leveled to 60 this weekend and em enjoying the expansion.
    im doing the same thing except im really slowing down my leveling by leveling each 5 classes per level that im planing to play endgame back to back until i reach 60 not sure why op thinks everybody is in a hurry which is not true atleast for me.

I get that people want to get through a dungeon quickly, I do, but yesterday I did a frickin' Normal where the tank was pulling 4 or 5 packs at a time and the healer was losing his mind trying to keep him up. The tank was geared, but it was obvious that the healer couldn't quite keep up. Instead of slowing down just a bit and pulling slightly less, the tank just kept doing it. After the third wipe, we kicked the tank and got a new one that pulled a lot more carefully, and the rest of the run was smooth sailing.

I honestly think that speed is best delivered by observing the group. The tank should be determining how much to pull, but needs to take into account the rest of the group and work accordingly. for me, that's the mark of a great tank.

Its not that the tanks are too fast. its that theyre bad. They dont interrupt shit, the dps didnt know tank was going to go into crack head mode and los half way across the dungeon so now they have aggro and are too far away to interrupt. The dps are undergeared and new, the healer is pulling 4k hps hard carrying this sperg tank and the tank just derps around thinking hes a gamer god because he hits W. Basically all dungeons rn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    This is like saying you rather sit in a traffic queue than to have open road..
    Exaggeration much? My take on this is that they prefer to stay in the speed limit on an open road instead of significant over it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    "Everyone"? The game has been out for a week and I've just reached level 58 and just arrived in Ardenweald

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    Exaggeration much? My take on this is that they prefer to stay in the speed limit on an open road instead of significant over it.
    Not everyone has enough free time to ”Smell the roses” tho, So people want to be efficiant to have time with everything that needs doing.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    If you want to rp walk and cc every mob and then kill em one by one. Go for it.
    Sigh.

Why is the response to one extreme always a mockery of the other extreme? Literally no one is saying "RP walk and CC every mob." Just, be mindful of the healer's mana and the group's readiness. An extra minute or two just to make sure the group is good to go isn't going to kill you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I get that people want to get through a dungeon quickly, I do, but yesterday I did a frickin' Normal where the tank was pulling 4 or 5 packs at a time and the healer was losing his mind trying to keep him up. The tank was geared, but it was obvious that the healer couldn't quite keep up. Instead of slowing down just a bit and pulling slightly less, the tank just kept doing it. After the third wipe, we kicked the tank and got a new one that pulled a lot more carefully, and the rest of the run was smooth sailing.

I honestly think that speed is best delivered by observing the group. The tank should be determining how much to pull, but needs to take into account the rest of the group and work accordingly. for me, that's the mark of a great tank.
    A lot of people have kept this "GOGOGOGOGO" mentality from BFA, having completely forgotten that almost no one is overgearing content yet. And literally no one is overgearing M0, because you literally can't get better than that until 12/08.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Not everyone has enough free time to ”Smell the roses” tho, So people want to be efficiant to have time with everything that needs doing.
    "Make sure the healer has mana" != "smell the roses"
    Putin khuliyo

Join a guild or a community with likeminded people. I don't see a problem with storming through the dungeon.
    Edit: It was never different anyway, we just got better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anti-social people having problems in a social game. Go figure.

I don't mind quicker paces but you need to read the room before you do so. Joining a random HC, pulling 5 packs at once and then dying because none of the group was expecting it is a massive balls up on that person's part.

Not even just about raw DPS + healing, if shit isn't getting CC'd and/or interrupted then chances of your big pulls succeeding greatly diminishes.

As many others have said - the community is the issue with WoW, not the game.

Nothing can be done about it OP
    Disagree, there's give and take when it comes to this sort of thing. And blizzard has pretty consistently designed in such a way that perpetuates the community.

These last 3 xpacs have seen a trend of them pushing back against certain things. Not all of which are positive or healthy for the game imo, but some of what I'm seeing in shadowlands has been a much better departure from some of the more degenerate parts of the last 2 xpacs.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.