Poll: What's your favorite Shadowlands zone?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Revendreth, I just really dig the gothic vampire theme.

It does have some verticality problems though, but if you pick Venthyr you get to use the mirror transportation network, which are conveniently placed near most elevators in the zone.

bastion seems easiest to navigate. relatively flat and looks nice.

revendreth is too held back by pegi 13 rating, but even WoD had more pegi 13 torture going on.
    ardenweald feels like just another elf forest.
    maldraxxus isn't as scourgy as i thought it would be, all that stuff is on the edges and the whole middle plain is just boring.

Ardenweald for me, it's beautiful to look at and if you actually read the quest text for the campaign there (I know most people just click mindlessly through to level) you would see it has a pretty strong story too.

I guarantee the vast majority of the people that say "blizz's writing is shit!!!" don't read the quest text. Their writing is a hit or miss sometimes, but they hit with ardenweald

Ardenweald. Its my current favorite zone in the entirety of the game. And as zone stories go, its probably the best told in-game. Its sad and tragic, and makes you earn the out come. Unlike the other zones, there is a palpable weight and consequence in the zone, mainly because it seems to serve a different function than the other zones.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    fun
    How did you type this and not realize fun is subjective? I don't know about Bastion but I have fun in the maw where others don't.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    hoped we would see a realm where all dead hordcore Horde and Alliance members would be in constant conflict for all of time.
    I was hoping to see at least a glimpse of this in Maldraxxus... Major bummer, considering that all of the bigwigs in Mald are Azerothian - even Draka, Draenorian as she maybe be, had/has close ties to Azeroth as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How did you type this and not realize fun is subjective? I don't know about Bastion but I have fun in the maw where others don't.
    Which is why I gave it a qualifier of "as fun as reading a dictionary backwards". Which is not the same as simply saying something is objectively fun or not.

Reading comprehension, my man. Maybe there are people out there who like reading dictionaries, and are looking for a challenge. I don't know. All I know is that I described it in the way that I felt it was. I could have used other, more common descriptors: "Like watching paint dry", or "Waiting for your fingernails to grow".

I'm definitely in the minority but I find maldraxxus is pretty awesome overall but I also love the Lich King architecture and all that fun stuff.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Which is why I gave it a qualifier of "as fun as reading a dictionary backwards". Which is not the same as simply saying something is objectively fun or not.

Reading comprehension, my man. Maybe there are people out there who like reading dictionaries, and are looking for a challenge. I don't know. All I know is that I described it in the way that I felt it was. I could have used other, more common descriptors: "Like watching paint dry", or "Waiting for your fingernails to grow".
    The way you described it was anyone having fun with it is below you. Don't try to spin this as "reading comprehension". Why automatically think someone is trolling when they vote for it?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The way you described it was anyone having fun with it is below you. Don't try to spin this as "reading comprehension". Why automatically think someone is trolling when they vote for it?
    No, I described the content as being terrible, and allowed for people who voted for it based on appearance.

The zone's content IS boring. It's almost exclusively kill-x quests. And when it's not that, it's either following slow-as-hell NPCs while they talk with...quite frankly...bad voice acting, or being carried through the sky by some slow-as-hell NPC with bad voice acting. And there's very little in the way of gear from quests, most of which is not going to be upgrades for anyone who even halfassed the last few months of BfA like I did.

So yeah, if you think it's good, then you've got a lot of explaining to do. Why don't you enlighten me as to why any of that weaksauce is worthwhile. FFS, there are vanilla zones more interesting than Bastion! The ONLY redeeming aspect of it is the visuals.

- - - Updated - - -

Sooo...I was just talking mad trash about Bastion's content. But as I said, it's very aesthetically pleasing. Also, they have these lil dudes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maldraxxus for me. I've always been a huge fan of Necromancy and the Scourge look (like Naxxramas), and they have such a cool warrior vibe as well which I love.

Revendreth is a close second. And I liked Ardenweald by appearance, but leveling through it felt slow and sluggish. Bastion I found kinda dull and boring - especially with the pale colors there.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Ardenweald is probably my favorite so far, but I also like the Maw (minus no mounts) and Revendreth/Bastion too.

Maldraxxus is the only zone so far where I'm like 'ehhhh' about going back there.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

For me its a very specific area of a zone. Sinfall in Revendreth but with the caveat I must be on my Demon Hunter. Flapping about the dark-souls-like atmosphere as a creature of the night is beyond amusing...

Revendreth, by far. Not going with them as covenant, but I love the zone so much. Ardenweald is close second. Hated Bastion, Maldraxxus was a big fat Meh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ardenweald. It's so beautiful + the music is perfect. Always put the music on and on loop as well in that zone.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    The Oribos portal to Orgrimmar.
    Haha love that. I'm enjoying the exp but leveling was very dry.

Judging by looks only (on Super Ultra wide Monitor and ultra settings):

1. Bastion is admittedly breathtaking. one of their best zones to date
    2. Revendreth nailed the Castlevania vibe
    3. Ardenweald is super pretty, but to me it is just a Val Sharah 2.0. Nothing wrong with that, just seen it before.
    4. Maldraxxus is also very similar to previous zones like Eastern Plaguelands and is ugly. But it is supposed to be, so its not bad. (for the record I am a Necro Bro and really like Maldraxxus, it just happens to be my least fav zone looks wise.

Not including the Maw or oribos bc I don't consider them to be the same type of zone, like the dungeons and raids.

Revendreth. The atmosphere is great! Vampires ftw!

Gonna read the Venthyr Diaries now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ret4resto View Post
    Ardenweald for me, it's beautiful to look at and if you actually read the quest text for the campaign there (I know most people just click mindlessly through to level) you would see it has a pretty strong story too.

I guarantee the vast majority of the people that say "blizz's writing is shit!!!" don't read the quest text. Their writing is a hit or miss sometimes, but they hit with ardenweald
    Ardenweald had the best story, agree! Loved it! And Ardenweald is indeed an awesome looking zone.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-11-30 at 06:27 PM.

For sheer beauty if would have to be Ardenweald or Bastion. While I enjoyed the questline in Maldraxxus the zone itself was too much of "seen it, and done it before" it is sort of mishmash of Plaguelands and Northrend. As for Revendreth, I love the gothic look (and if Blizzard doesn't add some Halloween event next year it would be a crime). But God!! Revendreth is so freaking hard to navigate, it loses a few points for that alone.

Revendreth looks great and feels the most fleshed out as an overall society with a clear system, hierarchy, and purpose. It's a nightmare to traverse but that ends up enhancing its character- you really get the feeling of these imposing and fortified upper caste structures.

That being said, Stewards melt my cold void of a soul. Hmm.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2020-11-30 at 06:33 PM.