Thread: Torghast sucks

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's ok but not more than just ok. I can see it getting boring very fast. Would have been cooler to have only 1 floor that is a big maze that got bigger and bigger as you went up in layers but can also see how that would be bad too.

Anyway the things I dislike about it:
    - It's just too repetitive. Very few mob types with almost no diversity over and over and over.
    - Too RNG based. Basically not getting the abilities you need will mean you won't be able to defeat the last boss which sucks.
    - Final boss is basically a gear and luck check with very little to do with your skill. Basically a mob that hits for 20% of your hp with 1-2 basic abilities. Very bad, boring and dissapointing.

It's basically Diablo rifts transposed into WoW.
    Last edited by kranur; 2020-11-30 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Torghast is the best thing about Shadowlands, by far
    Let's see if anyone thinks that's a compliment.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

wait till layer 5 or 6. your post wont age well.

You guys who hate this need to do them in groups. There is so much potential synergy between classes and the powers it's insanely fun for me and my small group of friends. If you only do them solo, yes most likely gonna be boring. But in a group this content is amazing. I would love if they made this mode a permanent one after SL with dedicated loot similar to dungeon quality loot. Best feature since M+.

I did Torghast in groups of 5 and the 2nd and 3rd layer on Soulforge actually felt pretty difficult. The traps literally one shot you and some pulls can get very difficult. Maybe it's an issue of party scaling and RNG anima powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    - There's almost no variation in levels. Maybe they are random (I have not replayed them), but I grow tired of watching them.
    - The monsters are nothing special. You see them over and over again and they have the same abilities.
    - The buffs are nice and some are fun to use, but you start seeing them repeat very often.
    - The challenge. What challenge? Once I get my 1250 Soul Ash for the quest to see where it leads to, I won't be coming anytime soon, if ever (if not absolutely needed, but I'm a casual, so not gonna happen).

Blizzard took what everyone hated the most and made it a core part of the game - killing trash mobs for no reward.
    Define what you mean by casual.

Problem for me is that when you go in, you get all these amazing rental powers that you lose soon as you leave. Which leaves you feeling less powerful than when you went in.

How exactly do you expect Torghast to change?
    Besides the already released information where you actually get LESS Soul Ash the higher level you beat?
    At this point, it just seems you want to be upset more than anything else.

If you can't find fun in it, that's a you problem, not a game problem.

Shame you dont like it, I love it, doing different buillds etc, done it on 2 characters so far cleared both wings on layer 3 so far. I like it so much I wish I could level alts in it!

Torghast is shit. Worst part is that it IS mandatory if you wanna be relevant in the raids.

Torgast is a welcome change maybe its just not for you

Look at me I post in forums about a game I hate
    When a game I like is transformed into one I don't, I get cranky.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

I was expecting to not care much for it, but I actually do... No timer and exploring the tower will be fun for a while. Far longer than I enjoyed Visions, at least. A low bar to reach, but still. Torghast will get updates to it, I hope!

WoW has been this way longer than it hasn't
    There was a very large change from BfA to SL.

I like it. And I like clearing trash.

Well OP, they say not everyone can achieve Torghasm, sorry for your loss.

- There's almost no variation in levels. Maybe they are random (I have not replayed them), but I grow tired of watching them.
    - The monsters are nothing special. You see them over and over again and they have the same abilities.
    - The buffs are nice and some are fun to use, but you start seeing them repeat very often.
    - The challenge. What challenge? Once I get my 1250 Soul Ash for the quest to see where it leads to, I won't be coming anytime soon, if ever (if not absolutely needed, but I'm a casual, so not gonna happen).

Blizzard took what everyone hated the most and made it a core part of the game - killing trash mobs for no reward.
    You do realize we only have 2 wings open this week? next week there will be 2 others... i did notice a difference in the current 2 wings, one seemed to be heavy on traps while the other one is heavy on mobs.

Not sure what level did you get to, i cant get past level 3 boss because of gear.... and probably class too, some have stronger buffs in there than others.

The bosses need proper mechanics, right now its just a dps race... and being low geared (not mythics) i can clear the entire level just fine until last boss which then is akin to hitting your face on a wall because there just isnt enough dps to kill it. (due to the stupid stacking dmg buff they get, kiting wont help reduce it so theres no way to "outplay" it, its just a pure dps race)

Even had that 1.5 minute immunity buff on first try, it ran out when the boss was around 50%. Its unfortunate how yet another good idea goes down the same path of gearing-check, and worst part is you have no idea of knowing if you have enough gear until you reach the final boss.

Its to easy, thats my issue. No reactive gameplay at all, its all predictable patterns. Lemme do it without picking spell enhancers for a greater reward perhaps add multipliers on mobs and traps, that would be great.
    It can so great if it challenges people and not something everybody can do.
    This reset we will see scrubs that cant avoid skipable mobs in dungeons walk around with a lego, do you think that is a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Its to easy, thats my issue. No reactive gameplay at all, its all predictable patterns. Lemme do it without picking spell enhancers for a greater reward perhaps add multipliers on mobs and traps, that would be great.
    It can so great if it challenges people and not something everybody can do.
    This reset we will see scrubs that cant avoid skipable mobs in dungeons walk around with a lego, do you think that is a good thing?
    I truly hope you eventually find the peace and satisfaction you need from your own life as opposed to worrying about others. <3

OT: I like Torghast, but I wanted it to be more, which might actually come from the floors unlocking eventually, so I'll reserve final judgement for a few more weeks I think

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate it. I will do it bare minimum for rewards. I've done enough brainless grinding in the last 15 years.